Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- oro2 - 2011-12-05

I have a question.
Regardless of when XBMC will support binary addons and make it possible to make an addon of spotyxbmc2:
When do you think it will be possible to release a pre-compiled fork of XMBC with spotyxbmc2, without the user having to complile it with it's own appliaction key?
Why can other 3rd party Spotify applications, like the Boxee addon do this?

- Tompen - 2011-12-05

I get compile problems on Windows:

xbmc\music\spotyXBMC\album\SxAlbum.cpp(78): error C2057: expected constant expression
..\..\xbmc\music\spotyXBMC\album\SxAlbum.cpp(78): error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
..\..\xbmc\music\spotyXBMC\album\SxAlbum.cpp(78): error C2133: 'tracks' : unknown size

- akezeke - 2011-12-05

Tompen Wrote:I get compile problems on Windows:

xbmc\music\spotyXBMC\album\SxAlbum.cpp(78): error C2057: expected constant expression
..\..\xbmc\music\spotyXBMC\album\SxAlbum.cpp(78): error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
..\..\xbmc\music\spotyXBMC\album\SxAlbum.cpp(78): error C2133: 'tracks' : unknown size

Pushed a fix now!
Hopefully not breaking linux build :/

How did you do?? - klyka - 2011-12-06

mullcom Wrote:great!!!! I have spotify in XBMC now

THX for good work boys

I have the same problem as you had, but i dont understand how you solved it?
Can you please explain to an dumb swede? Tongue

- sidetaske - 2011-12-07

The old SpotyXBMC was based on a very early libspotify and when implemented it would be the coolest thing in the world for about 1 hour. Then memory leaks and different bugs would cause it to freeze up and/or crash. I abandoned the spotify solution about 8 months ago because of this. The new version seems very stable...
I would be happy to share my patched version, but i don't know how to... you still have to build it yourself however and the solution mentioned here seems a lot easier than my solution.

- soder - 2011-12-07

akezeke Wrote:Pushed a fix now!

Is there a risk it will break it?

Shall I try? Is there a was for me to undo it if it fails?

/Söder

- Tompen - 2011-12-07

soder Wrote:Is there a risk it will break it?

Shall I try? Is there a was for me to undo it if it fails?

/Söder

I have tested the fix on windows and linux, it works ok.
Many thanks

- soder - 2011-12-07

Tompen Wrote:I have tested the fix on windows and linux, it works ok.
Many thanks

Great. Updating now.

/Söder

- oro2 - 2011-12-08

I finally tested spotityxbmc2 and it looks great!

I have a few feature requests:

Is it possible to make the music added to the music library (stared) available from the Official XBMC Android app (I dont know if it must be fixed in spotyxbmx or the Android app) ? I can only see my Local music now.

Would it be possible to change fanart automatically to the current playing artist/album?

- tommienu - 2011-12-08

akezeke Wrote:Pushed a fix now!
Works just fine! Smile

- tommienu - 2011-12-08

Actually, i'm having a bit of a problem with the latest version running on a ACER Revo (ION1) with openelec. XBMC (r8902)

It worked fine for a while (played 10 tracks or so, did a few searches), and suddenly xbmc crashed and gets caught in a crash-loop. If i change <setting id="enable" value="true" /> to false and reboot the problems goes way. So it's definitely something with spotixbmc2.

Ran a session with debugging and the only related spotify-errors i could find was:
17:54:07 T:2984246128 WARNING: RemoveDirectory, cant remove dir </storage/.xbmc/temp/spotify/thumbs/>. trying lower case.

Attached a full debug output prior to first crash on pastebin (grep "spot" xbmc.log):
http://pastebin.com/J8Jamkbg

Thanks for any assistance!

- akezeke - 2011-12-08

tommienu Wrote:Actually, i'm having a bit of a problem with the latest version running on a ACER Revo (ION1) with openelec. XBMC (r8902)

It worked fine for a while (played 10 tracks or so, did a few searches), and suddenly xbmc crashed and gets caught in a crash-loop. If i change <setting id="enable" value="true" /> to false and reboot the problems goes way. So it's definitely something with spotixbmc2.

Ran a session with debugging and the only related spotify-errors i could find was:
17:54:07 T:2984246128 WARNING: RemoveDirectory, cant remove dir </storage/.xbmc/temp/spotify/thumbs/>. trying lower case.

Attached a full debug output prior to first crash on pastebin (grep "spot" xbmc.log):
http://pastebin.com/J8Jamkbg

Thanks for any assistance!

Please paste a crashlog so that I can see what the different threads are doing, I couldn't find anything that seems to be wrong in that log you posted.

/David

- tommienu - 2011-12-09

akezeke Wrote:Please paste a crashlog so that I can see what the different threads are doing, I couldn't find anything that seems to be wrong in that log you posted.

/David
I'm running this on OpenELEC and i can't seem to find a crashlog :/ I asked around in #openelec on freenode and neither of them knew where (or if) the crashlogs are located. I also ran "find / -name '*crashlog*'" on the system and came up with nothing.

I did a complete recompile/install and spotify works great until i do the first restart, after that it maxes the CPU on reboot (once XBMC loads) and hangs (as in black screen and XBMC-restart) after maybe 5-6 seconds.

It keeps doing this for about 4-6 times until it finally stays black and i need to disable the spotify-plugin via settings.xml and reboot the machine. After that everything (except spotify) works just fine.

Sorry for not being able to provide you with the log-files, i'm a coder myself and i know hard it is to fumble after bugs in the dark.

Edit: Noticed those messages as well before it hangs:

01:06:04 T:2964319088 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /storage/.xbmc/temp/spotify/thumbs/spotifyimage4caf034b97f46d3a70254f4a756d94e76e8fdeb4.jpg
01:06:05 T:2946497392 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /storage/.xbmc/temp/spotify/thumbs/spotifyimagec26895c8db6c973dae59fe5e808a8b2323a85f6b.jpg
01:06:05 T:2964319088 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /storage/.xbmc/temp/spotify/thumbs/spotifyimagec28f1f72ded20b6ed09819b552474e7f7493c5e0.jpg

Edit #2: I did some more research and it seems like it breaks when it read/writes from the filesystem. Regardless if i'm authenticated with Spotify or not (tried a session with a erroneous password). I'm not sure if this is related to my home-brewed version of OpenELEC or actually a bug in spotixbmc2.

Anyone else running this combination successfully?

- Spikey1989 - 2011-12-10

So its there an official addon with spotify now?

- soder - 2011-12-10

Spikey1989 Wrote:So its there an official addon with spotify now?

No, there's no add-on. You have to build your own XBMC from xbmcspoty2 github. Then there is Spotify in XBMC.

/Söder