Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- dallasnights - 2012-01-01

Rooster Fantastic, please share when you are done, we are all waiting for a version that we can use with ATV2

Thanks

- floink - 2012-01-02

Rooster, keep up the good work. I can't wait Smile Do keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks akezeke for your hard hard work.

After browsing through roughly half of the pages in this thread I'm a bit worried. If this does not become a proper add-on I have a hard time seeing a proper future for it within xbmc.

But the thread is a bit though to digest so I might be wrong?

I'm trying to understand why this can't be a proper add-on? Is there an easy answer?

- klikkamongo - 2012-01-04

Hi!
Thanks for all this great work!

Is it possible to get a plug-in that works with standard XBMC soon? Or is this impossible?
Just asking because I don't wanna do the hassle of installing this on my other computer if there is a plug-in available soon.

It would be perfect if you guys could place a link to Gr8rtek's post on how to install this in the first post in this thread.

- Gr8rtek - 2012-01-04

ermj Wrote:But what happens when I install an update? will Spotify stop working and I will have to do this job over again, or will Spotify work even after an update?

If I do a GIT PULL from Akezeke's repo to update the files, then I go through the same compile process (Steps 8-31). I have found that, once I get the custom installer .exe built, it is not necessary to do anything else in XBMC to have Spotify work.

I'm glad so many have found the guide useful. Sorry I'm not a programmer/developer, and thus not much help in troubleshooting those unable to compile.

Thanx - Diddleydoo - 2012-01-05

Thanks to tsint for helping me to get spotyxbmc2 rocking at my home.
He Wrote a damn good guide using xbmc live to me. With his permission and if anybody wants it i can pm it to you.
And akezeke, keep up the good work!

- Buizerd - 2012-01-08

Diddleydoo Wrote:Thanks to tsint for helping me to get spotyxbmc2 rocking at my home.
He Wrote a damn good guide using xbmc live to me. With his permission and if anybody wants it i can pm it to you.

yes please Big Grin would love to have it running on my live install

- DonHugo - 2012-01-08

Diddleydoo Wrote:Thanks to tsint for helping me to get spotyxbmc2 rocking at my home.

Pleas send it to me! Smile

- momfaza - 2012-01-12

Yes please!! Smile

- mwthrane - 2012-01-12

momfaza Wrote:Yes please!! Smile

Does it work in Windows or just linux?

- Tompen - 2012-01-12

mwthrane Wrote:Does it work in Windows or just linux?

Both

- sairex - 2012-01-12

PM me with this guide please!! Thanks! Big Grin

- mbarnes18 - 2012-01-12

PM me the guide please

- Jan-Erik - 2012-01-14

Hey, that sounds great, I tried but can't find a link to PM you.
plz PM me the recepie

- Rumik - 2012-01-14

Does this work with Eden beta?

- G1sbert - 2012-01-15

Rumik Wrote:Does this work with Eden beta?

This build is based on Eden beta.