Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - [Ad0] - 2012-04-07

https://github.com/emilm/xbmc-pvr-spotyxbmc2

Just wanted to say that I have forked xbmc-pvr and merged in akezeke's awesome spotyxbmc2 Smile

One thing I didn't manage to merge in was the damn IsServerMode stuff. I have no idea where it really belongs, but I don't care. It works on my machine (not running a headless xbmc server), and I guess you guys running a PVR only care about the same Smile

It was a PITA to merge, so enjoy Smile

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - dallasnights - 2012-04-07

Ad0 does this work on Windows 7 or even better ATV2 please advise how to use

Thanks

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - [Ad0] - 2012-04-07

I only use it on Linux, so I have no idea. I pretty much ignored those project files. Could you test? Smile I could fix them up if you run into trouble.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - dallasnights - 2012-04-07

love to just not sure how

I guess you don't have a compiler or anything? Unfortunally I don't have time to make customized builds, so people interested on this on windows with knowledge has to do that for you Smile

OH and by the way, you have to compile it yourself. And spotyxbmc2 doesn't work on OSX according to the readme. You need to compile your own because the appkey issued from your personal spotify account is compiled in. Hopefully this will be changed to a config option where you load a file Smile

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - henrikyo - 2012-04-17

anyone can compile this with eden, i have only found beta1 compiled and i cant compile my own Sad

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - SaintNick - 2012-04-18

Does anyone know if there are any efforts to create an addon for stock Eden?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - henrikyo - 2012-04-24

why is this thread so dead? is it because all of you are enjoying spotify on xbmc or what?

I just wish someone would build a xbmc eden with this, as i cant do it, cause spotify cant give me the api key. And im fed up talking/explaining it to them.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - KRKA01 - 2012-04-25

(2012-04-18, 16:14)SaintNick Wrote: Does anyone know if there are any efforts to create an addon for stock Eden?

Check out Spotimc still in alpha stage but it works very well.

(2012-04-24, 20:02)henrikyo Wrote: why is this thread so dead? is it because all of you are enjoying spotify on xbmc or what?

I just wish someone would build a xbmc eden with this, as i cant do it, cause spotify cant give me the api key. And im fed up talking/explaining it to them.

I think that many user have started to use Spotimc instead because you install it just like any other XBMC addon.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - fairtekservices - 2012-04-26

Not sure if you guys know but I have an Eden Beta build with spotyxbmc2 available here http://www.fairtekservices.com/downloads/spotyXBMC2_Eden_Beta1.exe

It seems to work for everyone else! Give it a try.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - dallasnights - 2012-04-26

wow that works great on Windows 7 anyway I can network this to my ATV and play there

Great job!!!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - steyr - 2012-04-26

Hi

I have problem in step 5 in installation guide.
Click on c-code and copy the content to a new file called appkey.h placed in the xbmc source root folder

I cant find the xbmc source root folder with a readme file

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Pikselli - 2012-04-27

How can i create a ZIP file from this?

Dont understand how to do that. I'am to dumb for this Sad

Quote: Obtain spotyXBMC2 source Use your favorite git tool to clone the repo: git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git

this is what i dont understand.... can you please help me Sad((

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-04-27

(2012-04-25, 09:08)KRKA01 Wrote: I think that many user have started to use Spotimc instead because you install it just like any other XBMC addon.

I tried Spotimc and it's indeed promising. I came back to SPOTYXBMC2 because I love the integration of starred items and also because I need the webinterface integration.