Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Jaypeg - 2012-06-02

Does anyone have a build merged with the newest nightlies and audioengine?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-06-04

(2012-06-01, 12:11)fldc Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 19:01)carret Wrote: Hi! Did anybody get it working with a 64bits linux distro? I compiled it successfully with XBMCBuntu, but it fails with ArchLinux and Debian (64bits). Yesterday I tried with Debian 32 bits and it compiles fine. Thanks!

Yes, the current trunk compiles fine on 64bit ubuntu, pastebin the compilation error.

What version of Ubuntu are you guys using? I tried to compile this yesterday on 12.04 64-bit, but I had had the same final errors carret had. Are there additional dependancies for 12.04? I used the build-dep method described in the readme file to get my dependancies, figured that would be the most up-to-date.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - idlerobbo - 2012-06-06

(2012-05-19, 00:17)dallasnights Wrote: Is there an ATV2 version yet?

what he asked :-)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-06-07

(2012-05-15, 00:58)neoflex Wrote: sorry to tell you you'll have to wait for a bit for the merge with the AudioEngine, this merge isn't so easy.
If someone is willing to help, please submit a pull request!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Kalliban - 2012-06-08

Ahh, missed that one. Too bad Sad I might give it a try if I get a lot of time over during the weekend Smile

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-06-13

I'm still not able to compile this on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. I was wondering how the work is going lifting this out into a bianary addon? Is that still on the roadmap?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Hetoft - 2012-06-13

Hi akazeke,

I'm new on this forum. Gotta say man, great job with the Spotify implementation. Just perfect!

However, I was wondering if you could provide a list with the files changed compared to the regular XBMC repo? That way, we would be able to install SpotyXBMC2 on a fresh, nightly build - by cloning the official XBMC repo, downloading a .zip-file of (or cloning) your repo and just copying the files needed in order to get SpotyXBMC2 to work, so a new installation can be compiled. Without having to rely on you updating your SpotyXBMC repo. Or, maybe at least write a post in this thread when you update the source.

I hope you understand what I mean. Smile

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Omission - 2012-06-14

Heya, first post here on the forum Smile

========== Build: 37 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
http://pastebin.com/SqfHBT5A

What am i doing wrong?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - discmeister - 2012-06-15

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks to all involved in this project. It's surely one of the Holy Grails of XBMC, to have Spotify integration - a world of music available, integrated into your living room set-up, for a reasonable price.

I've been playing around with the 'rival' Spotimc plug-in on my Eden XBMCBuntu box and it works nicely. However, it's not as integrated as I'd like - particularly in the MyMusic section, where it doesn't feature at all - so I'm considering SpotyXbmc2 instead.

I have a few questions; I'm hoping someone can take the time to answer them?

1) Which version of XBMC is SpotyXBMC2 based on? Dharma? Eden?

2) Is there such a thing as a SpotyXBMC2 'Live' (it'd be SpotyXBMC2Buntu, I guess, in the current Eden line-up)?

3) If the answer to question 2 is 'no', what would be the best version of Ubuntu on which to install SpotyXBMC2?

4) Has anyone written an idiot's guide to how to compile/build SpotyXBMC2 yet? If not, I might set up a web page to help fellow idiots get on with this (providing I can learn it myself!).

Regards to all, and thanks again!

Discy

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: I have a few questions; I'm hoping someone can take the time to answer them?

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/
You'll see that there is a Eden branch and a master branch. The master is not up to date though, we're stuck before the Audio Engine Merging. Still waiting for someone able to do it.
(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: 2) Is there such a thing as a SpotyXBMC2 'Live' (it'd be SpotyXBMC2Buntu, I guess, in the current Eden line-up)?

Nop, but it's not so hard to do yourself. I am myself using XBMCbuntu Eden and I have compiled from git spotyxbmc2 afterwards. Works perfectly.
(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: 3) If the answer to question 2 is 'no', what would be the best version of Ubuntu on which to install SpotyXBMC2?
depends on what do you mean by best I guess. All I can say is that it works with 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04
(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: 4) Has anyone written an idiot's guide to how to compile/build SpotyXBMC2 yet? If not, I might set up a web page to help fellow idiots get on with this (providing I can learn it myself!).

not really I think, but it's very close to what has to be done for standard XBMC.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Tommy24 - 2012-06-16

I have a little Question:
- I installed XBMC on Ubuntu 12.04 Server from Pulse Eight PPA.
- Also got TVHeadend installed.

My Question is if i compile a new bin Version of XBMC from the git will my Pulse Eight Adapter and TVheadend stille work?
If not is there a possibilty to get Spotyxbmc2 working under this settings?

Thanks in advance!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Gr8rtek - 2012-06-16

If you are compiling for Windows, this might be a good place to start -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012&pid=882046#pid882046

If you are compiling for Linux, the README file created by Akezeke on his github repo is pretty good, and I've compiled XBMC with Spotify on Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 successfully by following these directions. I have not tried 12.04, as I removed Ubuntu and installed WinXP so I could give the laptop away to a family member.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Balthazar - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks to all involved in this project. It's surely one of the Holy Grails of XBMC, to have Spotify integration - a world of music available, integrated into your living room set-up, for a reasonable price.

I've been playing around with the 'rival' Spotimc plug-in on my Eden XBMCBuntu box and it works nicely. However, it's not as integrated as I'd like - particularly in the MyMusic section, where it doesn't feature at all - so I'm considering SpotyXbmc2 instead.

2) Is there such a thing as a SpotyXBMC2 'Live' (it'd be SpotyXBMC2Buntu, I guess, in the current Eden line-up)?

3) If the answer to question 2 is 'no', what would be the best version of Ubuntu on which to install SpotyXBMC2?

4) Has anyone written an idiot's guide to how to compile/build SpotyXBMC2 yet? If not, I might set up a web page to help fellow idiots get on with this (providing I can learn it myself!).

Discy

I hope you do make an idiots guide for compiling this, as I seem to be an idiot. I am not exactly a newb, but I'll be dammed if I can get it to work. I have gone through Akezeke's instructions to the letter and it doesn't work. I must be missing something Confused

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - discmeister - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-16, 00:47)neoflex Wrote:
(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: I have a few questions; I'm hoping someone can take the time to answer them?

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/
You'll see that there is a Eden branch and a master branch. The master is not up to date though, we're stuck before the Audio Engine Merging. Still waiting for someone able to do it.

Okay, I'll go for the Eden branch, then, because it's more compatible with the skins I like using.

(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: 2) Is there such a thing as a SpotyXBMC2 'Live' (it'd be SpotyXBMC2Buntu, I guess, in the current Eden line-up)?

Nop, but it's not so hard to do yourself. I am myself using XBMCbuntu Eden and I have compiled from git spotyxbmc2 afterwards. Works perfectly.

So you were running XBMCBuntu and you used it to compile SpotyXBMC2, right? And now what - you tell XBMCBuntu to load SpotyXBMC2 on startup instead of XBMC?

(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: 3) If the answer to question 2 is 'no', what would be the best version of Ubuntu on which to install SpotyXBMC2?
depends on what do you mean by best I guess. All I can say is that it works with 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04

I'm going to play around with 12.04 32-bit, then. There are no advantages/disadvantages to trying 64-bit, I presume?

(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: 4) Has anyone written an idiot's guide to how to compile/build SpotyXBMC2 yet? If not, I might set up a web page to help fellow idiots get on with this (providing I can learn it myself!).

not really I think, but it's very close to what has to be done for standard XBMC.

Yeah, and there's not exactly an idiot's guide to that either! I think a web page of experiences is called for, if only for my own records. If you could provide even a barebones guide to how you did what you say in your second answer, that'd be a great starting point for me and (judging by the reply already received) other people as well. The more users, the greater the pool of information etc...

Thanks for replying to me!

Discy

(2012-06-16, 07:34)Balthazar Wrote:
(2012-06-15, 12:00)discmeister Wrote: Hi everyone,

Discy

I hope you do make an idiots guide for compiling this, as I seem to be an idiot. I am not exactly a newb, but I'll be dammed if I can get it to work. I have gone through Akezeke's instructions to the letter and it doesn't work. I must be missing something Confused

I'm going to try. I'm going to start with Ubuntu 12.04 desktop and see where that takes me! I'll post a link to my web page of experiences as soon as it's ready.

Discy

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - soder - 2012-06-16

About the "Master" and the "Eden" branch: Is both branches updated with Spotify stuff? If some changes are made that has to do with the Spotify part, is that then coming to the branch that is not up to date with the XBMC development, but based on the stable version of XBMC?

/Söder