Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Peligrozo - 2012-07-03

Sorry for being a noob here but if I run the installer linked above, can I simply copy install it to some weird folder and simply copy some specific folder (ie. a "spotyxbmc" folder) to my existing XBMC installation?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - MatLCFC - 2012-07-03

go to XBMC install dir (like "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC")

rename xbmc.exe to xbmc.exeOLD. (so you can go back to the original if something does not work)

copy the XBMC.exe from the .rar file to the root of the install dir.

copy the libspotify.dll from the .rar file to the root of the install dir.

copy plugin.music.spotyXBMC (whole folder) and past it in the addons folder

!!!paste your own appkey.h into the root of the install dir.!!!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - thebearnecessit - 2012-07-05

I am running xbmc eden on windows xp. Can someone help me with a question about how to get spotyxbmc2 working?

Will this work in principle?

1) Use the precompiled exe file to install spotyxbmc2 (the one from post 868 in this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012&page=22)
2) copy my current xbmc install over to my brand new spanking spotyxbmc2 install by using the "portable" switch trick.

Any help much appreciated.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - mikkelnl - 2012-07-07

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm seeing lots of wrong thumbs/covers for my playlists; they are seemingly random, but almost never the right cover on the right playlist.

Any idea?

I allready tried deleting the spotify folders in /temp/ ?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - mikkelnl - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-07, 15:05)mikkelnl Wrote: Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm seeing lots of wrong thumbs/covers for my playlists; they are seemingly random, but almost never the right cover on the right playlist.

Any idea?

I allready tried deleting the spotify folders in /temp/ ?

Anyone? Wink

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Tompen - 2012-07-13

(2012-06-07, 23:28)neoflex Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 00:58)neoflex Wrote: sorry to tell you you'll have to wait for a bit for the merge with the AudioEngine, this merge isn't so easy.
If someone is willing to help, please submit a pull request!

I made an attempt with xbmc master (frodo alpha 3) and spotyxbmc2, commit 961a7f1646e528f459b503e700078ffca6a3e1ff.
I managed to do a 95% completed merge. XBMC compiles and runs ok on Windows, Linux is not tested but I think it should work.

I made the necessary changes to Codec.h and Codec.cpp for AudioEngine. That stuff now works so spotify can play music.

Create a git branch with current xbmc master, at the time when I write this, it is commit: 29465212db4ab0993e088e843cb815a7d6e1bb6c
Then perform the following command:
git apply spotyxbmc2_merge_xbmc_master_2012-07-15.patch

The patch can be downloaded here:
Update: Because the merge is now 100% done, I removed the link.

Work that still needs to be done to complete this merge (but I lack the skills):
It is only one file that I did not merge. If someone wants to help, this file needs to be "spotifyed"
xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc/AudioLibrary.cpp

and then pull request 33 and 34 can be manually applied to update spotyxbmc2 to latest release.
So in summary, except for webinterface and json-rpc the merge is done.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-07-16

f*** yeah! thank you very much.
I'll test as soon as I can and will integrate it if the linux build also works
I know I ask a lot but if you could submit a pull request, that would be way easier Wink

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Jsmit - 2012-07-17

Spotify integrated in XBMC would be awesome!

I am running an ION2 system and am willing to try an build an XBMC for this (not done that before however, now running openelec). Do you expect your source work on this?

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Tompen - 2012-07-18

Jsmit,
There is a link to spotify-integration for OpenELEC in the first post in this thread, I have added my source to the spotify for openelec build. I have not actually tried if it works with the latest XBMC (frodo/nightky builds), but it have been included so you can try. I know it works ok with the Eden version of XBMC. In page one of the openelec thread you will find detailed instructions.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - makromorphago - 2012-07-18

I just don´t get it compiled on a Win 7 64bit system. Is that the problem? Do I need a 32bit system?
And is there anyone who can share his compiled eden version of spotyxbmc2?
Thanx

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-07-18

Big up to Tompen, everything seems to work perfectly.
akezeke master is now in sync with upstream xbmc (pre-Frodo).
I can now enjoy spotify within XBMC AND AudioEngine!

I've only tested on linux (xbmcBUNTU, ION). Please, report any problem here or even better on github if you are sure of what you're doing Wink

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - makromorphago - 2012-07-18

Could you spare your xbmcbuntu version somewhere? I would love to have that ;-). Thanx
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a dl link to a precompiled xbmcbuntu (live) version with spotyxbmc2!

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - neoflex - 2012-07-19

from what I understood, maybe I am wrong, there is a license incompatibility between xbmc and libspotify so that we cannot legally distribute a binary package of spotiXBMC2.

akezeke or someone from the xbmc team could clarify this for you maybe, if you ask them.

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - soder - 2012-07-19

I'm about to install openelec with spotyxbmc2, on a Nettop Asrock ION 3D 152B.

It's suppose to be a gift for a friend this saturday.

The problem is that I'm not at home, but at my parents house. I got no access to a computer with linux, and I can't compile a build myself.

Would someone be so kind and send me a PM, and maybe help me with a precompiled openelec with spotyxbmc2 support, that will work great on that HTPC?

Thanks.

/Söder

RE: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Tompen - 2012-07-21

Sent a pull req