Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2.5 and ATV XBMC nightlies released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV] Launcher 3.2.5 and ATV XBMC nightlies released (/showthread.php?tid=67078)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Scott B - 2010-08-18

MaestroDD Wrote:sure, move joystick.AppleRemote.xml to ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/ and modify it there.

'~/.../Application Support/XBMC/' isn't touched on updates...

HTH,
mdd

I actually don't have an XBMC folder under my Library/Application Support/ directory. I only have Apple, Diagnostics, and Front Row folders there.

Should I copy the entire XBMC directory from the other location to this one?

- davilla - 2010-08-18

Scott B Wrote:I actually don't have an XBMC folder under my Library/Application Support/ directory. I only have Apple, Diagnostics, and Front Row folders there.

Should I copy the entire XBMC directory from the other location to this one?

Huh?, Say more about what you are trying to copy. XBMC always installs its userdata into;

/Users/<username>/Application Support/XBMC

where <username> is the login name (frontrow for appletv).

The XBMC.app lives in

/Applications except for the AppleTV where it's at /Users/frontrow/Applications because /Applications is on OSBoot and that has limited space. There should be a symlink of XBMC from there to the real location.

There's a hidden file in /Users/<username>/Application Support/XBMC that XBMC (the app) check to see if it needs to setup a first time userdata structure.

Now what are you trying to do?

- Scott B - 2010-08-18

davilla Wrote:Huh?, Say more about what you are trying to copy. XBMC always installs its userdata into;

/Users/<username>/Application Support/XBMC

where <username> is the login name (frontrow for appletv).

The XBMC.app lives in

/Applications except for the AppleTV where it's at /Users/frontrow/Applications because /Applications is on OSBoot and that has limited space. There should be a symlink of XBMC from there to the real location.

There's a hidden file in /Users/<username>/Application Support/XBMC that XBMC (the app) check to see if it needs to setup a first time userdata structure.

Now what are you trying to do?

As the other guy was asking, I'm just trying to put my joystick.AppleRemote.xml in a place that doesn't get killed by the nightly releases loading.

Is there a place to put it on the AppleTV where it won't get overwritten?

- davilla - 2010-08-18

Scott B Wrote:As the other guy was asking, I'm just trying to put my joystick.AppleRemote.xml in a place that doesn't get killed by the nightly releases loading.

Is there a place to put it on the AppleTV where it won't get overwritten?

/Users/frontrow/Application Support/XBMC, never in XBMC.app container as that will get nuked for the new version. That should exist if you have ever run XBMC on your AppleTV, if it does not exist, then something is wrong.

- Scott B - 2010-08-18

davilla Wrote:/Users/frontrow/Application Support/XBMC, never in XBMC.app container as that will get nuked for the new version. That should exist if you have ever run XBMC on your AppleTV, if it does not exist, then something is wrong.

I guess something is wrong. Smile

I have /Users/Frontrow/Applications .....but no Application Support in that directory. (yes I checked in Putty and WinSCP)

It's not the end of the world to have to re-install the keymap XML, just a little PITA.

- davilla - 2010-08-18

Scott B Wrote:I guess something is wrong. Smile

I have /Users/Frontrow/Applications .....but no Application Support in that directory. (yes I checked in Putty and WinSCP)

It's not the end of the world to have to re-install the keymap XML, just a little PITA.

Opps, sorry it's

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC

- Scott B - 2010-08-18

davilla Wrote:Opps, sorry it's

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC

Got it. Is it just as simple as copying the XML into this directory?

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/keymaps

I don't have to tell XBMC the new keymap location and can just delete the file from the original location?

- davilla - 2010-08-18

Scott B Wrote:Got it. Is it just as simple as copying the XML into this directory?

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/keymaps

I don't have to tell XBMC the new keymap location and can just delete the file from the original location?

things in userdata override what's in xbmc.app

- ewequeone - 2010-08-24

when can we expect an update so we can install the latest crystalhd drivers? Smile

cheers,

jason.

:-) - muelli - 2010-08-24

Hello,

manually it is possible to install the latest drivers.
See here:
http://todayguesswhat.blogspot.com/2010/08/xbmc-crystalhd-updated-instructions.html

substitute 2.0.1 to 3.6.0 and you are fine.

do not forget to get latest xbmc build from svn .

regards

muelli

- grey - 2010-10-05

hey guys

remind me how to enable booting up directly into xbmc ?..

- davilla - 2010-10-05

grey Wrote:hey guys

remind me how to enable booting up directly into xbmc ?..

search for multifinder.

- grey - 2010-10-05

yep, that's it.

thanks!

- dipesh14 - 2010-10-09

i seem to have ssh'd the source for the nightlies in twice and now have two xbmc's betas in the download section of Launcher- is there anyway to get rid of the duplicate at all?

- djacse - 2010-11-14

I am sorry if I ask redundant questions in this thread, but I think I loose track here.

I simply want to upgrade from 9.11 to dharma, I have downloaded Launcher 3.2.5, seems fine. But in my download list I only have XBMC 9.11.

Would be highly appreciated if there is a simple answer on how to proceed from here?

Thanks