Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) (/showthread.php?tid=67420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- boulala - 2011-03-02

boulala Wrote:another question for you guys.
is it possible to autostart a bluray disc with makemkv?
i guess it would be configured like an additional player with the rules and everything? Huh

does anyone have a answer to this question?
would really be a nice addon, if i didn't have to go the extra way of launching the disc manually (i'm really lazy) Big Grin

- rikkards - 2011-03-04

I would say the answer is no.

boulala Wrote:does anyone have a answer to this question?
would really be a nice addon, if i didn't have to go the extra way of launching the disc manually (i'm really lazy) Big Grin

- rikkards - 2011-03-07

So even by adjusting the cache level in the script I am still getting the stutter. Interestingly when I put --cache=2048 it would happen every 7-10 minutes. I set it to --cache=124 and it was about 20 minutes but it never recovered and got stuck in a loop. With the 2048 it would hang for about 30 seconds and then be on its merry way. As a workaround I installed XP and PowerDVD 10 but would rather use the script.
Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this??

- mcoto - 2011-03-17

I have a quick question. I have a USB portable blu-ray drive. When I try to play it times out but the disc never starts to spin. I assume its looking in the wrong place for the disc. How do I correct that in the settings.

I tried to browse by file location but I can't save the Blu ray drive as a file source. But I can play dvd's right off the drive fine so I know the drive works

- rickst - 2011-03-20

If we could somehow get the plugin to play directly from the Video library that would really complete the picture. at the moment although functional it is pretty annoying to use if you have lots of ripped .iso files like I do.

- mcoto - 2011-03-27

rickst Wrote:If we could somehow get the plugin to play directly from the Video library that would really complete the picture. at the moment although functional it is pretty annoying to use if you have lots of ripped .iso files like I do.

If your .iso have been decrypted than the daily stable builds can natively mount and play them (no menu supports) see this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37015&highlight=.ISO&page=6

With this all you need makeMKV for is to play actual disks in a drive
M

- magnetism - 2011-03-27

mcoto Wrote:if your .iso have been decrypted than the daily stable builds can natively mount and play them (no menu supports) see this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37015&highlight=.iso&page=6

with this all you need makemkv for is to play actual disks in a drive
m

qft

- mihaii - 2011-04-02

I can't make with work from the interface..

root@XBMCLive:/mnt/samsung# makemkvcon stream file:/home/mihai/Videos/hd/"Movie"\ 2010\ bray/
MakeMKV v1.6.6 linux(x86-release) started
The program can't find any usable optical drives.
Opening files on harddrive at /home/mihai/Videos/hd/Tangled 2010 bray/

i used the console and i have two issues:

1) first it says something about a trial for 30 days
It appears that you have AnyDVD enabled. MakeMKV should process discs with most sophisticated protections without help of any 3rd party decryption software. In addition MakeMKV works faster and more reliably when it decrypts data by itself. It is highly recommended to disable AnyDVD and restart the application.

Do you want to continue anyway (errors may follow) ?
AACS directory not present, assuming unencrypted disc
This functionality is shareware. You may evaluate it for 30 days after what you would need to purchase an activation key if you like the functionality. Do you want to start evaluation period now?
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining

2) i get

Title #00140.m2ts has length of 54 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00137.m2ts has length of 71 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00132.m2ts has length of 76 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #00162.m2ts has length of 0 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped

- linuxluemmel - 2011-04-03

I made binarys makemkv 1.6.6 for 32 bit systems.

http://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knife/downloads/list

The 64 binarys do follow soon.

BTW: The trial period of 30 days is only for the bluray part.

Regards Hans

- linuxluemmel - 2011-04-04

The binarys for 64 are ready to download

Locks up when seeking + ssd question - plight - 2011-04-05

Hi there. Just started using this EXCELLENT plugin. Finally a way for my wife to immediately watch a bluray she purchases without having to wait for me to rip it. Smile

I am having one issue however. Any time I try seeking, it locks up, or goes incredibly slow. I am able to seek from a pc (still streaming from the htpc) just fine. Is this a xbmc issue or could it possibly be a ram issue? I only have 2 gigs because I never really needed any more than that.

Is the streaming cached to ram or the hdd? Reason I ask is that if its caching nit on the sdd, wouldn't that cause a huge drop in life for the drive? Just curious. I guess this could answer my previous question at the same time - if it was in fact being cached to ram and I only have 2 gigs, I could see that as a problem.

Thanks in advance!

- linuxluemmel - 2011-04-10

Hello .-)

The company makemkv is producing releases faster as my hair grows ....
I made the debian files 1.6.7. for 32 and 64.

http://code.google.com/p/swiss-army-knife/downloads/list

- Emil Lönneberga - 2011-04-22

Can the script be modified for the case where the additional content file is bigger than the movie file? As i understand the py script it looks for the largest file:
Quote: def getMainFeatureTitle(self, url):
h = mkvparser.BrowseHandler()
h.start(url)
# Play the longest feature on the disc:
largest = 0
largestTitle = ''
for k,v in h.titleMap.iteritems() : #@UnusedVariable
m = re.search('(\d+)Sad\d+)Sad\d+)', v['duration'])
length = int(m.group(1)) * 3600 + int(m.group(2)) * 60 + int(m.group(3))
if length > largest :
largest = length
largestTitle = v['file']
_log.info('largest: %d, %s' %(largest,largestTitle))
return largestTitle

I've got the first title having this problem. So you can only play the movie by ripping on harddisc - want i don't want to have. No

A nice solution would be to select from the 3 largest files the one to be played.

Hej da.

- saina-8 - 2011-04-24

Try this 1 it works

it might help you : see

- magnetism - 2011-05-09

Emil Lönneberga Wrote:Can the script be modified for the case where the additional content file is bigger than the movie file? As i understand the py script it looks for the largest file:

I've got the first title having this problem. So you can only play the movie by ripping on harddisc - want i don't want to have. No

A nice solution would be to select from the 3 largest files the one to be played.

Hej da.

I don't understand. It's been a while since I've used it (all my blu-rays are now safely ripped..) but as far as I know I made a feature that enables you to browse the available streams on the disc (not just play longest feature...)