Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) (/showthread.php?tid=67420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - Ipaddle - 2012-06-26

No hanging - but no stream. Using version 1.1.0 from github and makemkv (ver. 2.1.2).
XBMC with Openelec (eden beta 4).
What about keydb.cfg? Is there an update you have to use?

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - magnetism - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-21, 07:02)tismon Wrote: I'm using two systems as listed before that are having two different issues.

Desktop:
i7 920 with 6GB RAM and Win 7 x64 trying to play a blu-ray off of an internal player.
The issue is that it will start the process and displays "Opening stream", then it shows the next screen with "XBMC 2%" at the top before ending with "Running MakeMKV ended abnormally. Is it installed?"
It definitely is installed, and when opened, MakeMKV shows
"Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE' occurred while issuing SCSI command 46020..00140 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom5'
DEBUG: Code 0 at u;:/02IfFy#P#"$e:213137183
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID COMMAND OPERATION CODE' occurred while issuing SCSI command 46020..00140 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom5'
DEBUG: Code 0 at u;:/02IfFy#P#"$e:213137183"

MakeMKV seems to work still since I can play it via VLC.

TVPC:
E-450 Foxconn with 4GB RAM and Win 7 x64 trying to play a blu-ray off of an external usb drive
MakeMKV doesn't seem to have any issues with the disc, but XBMC simply freezes when I click on "Play disc"

If anyone could give a bit of help with how this has been solved in the past, I would be very appreciative.
Do you have more than one optical drive?

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - optiix - 2012-07-16

Hello again magnetism.
Im here once again :p

I reinstalled my system some weeks ago with XBMCbuntu abd today I did a github update of the whole system before I was going to try to get your fine Blu-ray player installed again.
I get same error as fabridelo and others; "add-on does not have the correct structure" error. - but not with the last one...

I've tested with all three I could find here in this thread! ->

http://www.bultsblog.com/plugin.makemkvbluray-1.1.zip

http://www.bultsblog.com/BluRay-plugin-v01a.zip

http://www.bultsblog.com/plugin.makemkvbluray.zip

That one gets installed but then the computer freezes. At first the BD-rom spins for like 2 minutes and then it stops and you cant do anything at the screen. You have to either shutdown -r via putty or hold the start button until the electric circutit is cut and then start it again. any dieas why it is doing that. Can it be becuase of my internal DVD rom is messing with it somehow?

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - dgktkr - 2012-07-19

optiix --

I'm running Linux:

uname -a
Linux iChakra 3.4.3-1-CHAKRA #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 19 22:50:27 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

and XBMC 11.0 compiled March 27 2012, plus Makemkv v1.7.6.

If I download the first file in your post #438, and try to install it from zip in XBMC, I get the same error that you do about the incorrect structure. If I unzip the file before starting XBMC and copy the resulting directory structure to ~/.xbmc/addons, it is enabled when XBMC starts, but when that addon is run, it causes a script error. To fix that I changed line 5 in plugin.makemkvbluray/addon.xml so that 'version="1.1"' is changed to 'version="1.0"'.

One other thing, the default timeout for makemkvcon is 120 seconds. For some of my bluray discs, that is not long enough. I've set 200. You can test that out for yourself by running the GUI version of Makemkv. If makemkvcon completes its preparation sooner than the timeout you specifiy, it is not held back. So, in normal use, there is not a penalty for putting in a long timeout.

Have fun,

dgktkr

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - optiix - 2012-07-20

Thanks alot dgktkr, works lika a charm after SSH:ing inside the HTPC and changed it all! Smile

THIS IS FOR XBMCbuntu/ubuntu/kubuntu OR OTHER LINUX BASED INSTALLS!
You are expected to already have installed MakeMKV. Please observe that the first time you start MakeMKV with a Blu-Ray movie inserted it will prompt for your approval of beta trial so first time you will need to get "out of XBMC mode and iside the Windows looking thing Wink

For people that dont even know what SSH is, read on, this is how I (dgktkr) did...
Download putty here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
Double click on it when it is installed. Under "Host name (or IP address)" write your internal IP address to your HTPC you wanna get Blu-Ray script working on.
In my case I wrote "192.168.1.104".
A window with black background and white text will appear. Login with your XBMCbuntu Login and password.

Write: "~/.xbmc/addons"
Write: "ls"
After you have writet "ls" look after a folder named "plugin.makemkvbluray", if there is one write the following: "sudo rm -R plugin.makemkvbluray".
Now write "ls" again and see so that the folder "plugin.makemkvbluray" is gone!
Download the latest Blu-Ray script by writing this: "wget http://www.bultsblog.com/plugin.makemkvbluray-1.1.zip"

Write: "sudo unzip plugin.makemkvbluray-1.1.zip"

Write: "cd plugin.makemkvbluray"
Write: "sudo nano addon.xml"

A text editor will appear, on line five (5) you will see this row: " <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.1" /> "
You will edit the 1.1 in this line to 1.0, you can just copy this if your lazy..: " <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0" /> " <- Without the " "
Okey, your almost done. Nah Im just kidding, you are done Nod

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - dgktkr - 2012-07-20

For people struggling with getting makemkvbluray to work on XBMC 11.0, here is another method that works for me and uses the latest version of makemkvbluray, which is found on github.

With your browser, go to

https://github.com/abultman/plugin.makemkvbluray/tree/dab2624c88d2982feeb169183d8ad282e566afb6

On the right side of the page, click on the text "Downloads". That takes you to another page that has a button labeled "Download as zip" on the upper left. Click on that. Once it is downloaded, change the name of the file to plugin.makemkvbluray.zip. Now fire up XBMC and execute "Install from a zip file", browsing to where the plugin is located in your file system.

dgktkr

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - tismon - 2012-07-20

(2012-06-30, 18:37)magnetism Wrote: Do you have more than one optical drive?

Huh, missed another update. Yes, there's a Samsung blu-ray DVD-RW and an ASUS DVD-RW.
Is this a common issue?

EDIT: dgktkr, I still get the script failed issue no matter which route I take. I'll keep at it though.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - optiix - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 06:49)tismon Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 18:37)magnetism Wrote: Do you have more than one optical drive?

Huh, missed another update. Yes, there's a Samsung blu-ray DVD-RW and an ASUS DVD-RW.
Is this a common issue?

EDIT: dgktkr, I still get the script failed issue no matter which route I take. I'll keep at it though.

Try my guide on page 44 tismon. It is step by step.
I also have two drives, one internal and one external asus BD-rom, works great after I did that on page 44!

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - dgktkr - 2012-07-21

tismon,

Until you get plugin.mkamkvbluray working, you might look into the method I posted in another thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136623

dgktkr

PS I have two optical drives and the latest plugin (from github) works fine. At least one older version has disc:0 hardcoded in, but for the latest one it seems to automatically find the correct drive.

(2012-07-20, 06:49)tismon Wrote: EDIT: dgktkr, I still get the script failed issue no matter which route I take. I'll keep at it though.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - nosaj56 - 2012-08-11

I downloaded abultman-plugin.makemkvbluray-dab2624.zip from github. I installed the latest version of MakeMKV. I tried to make my temp folder not read only, but that doesn't seem to stick. here's my error when trying to use the addon in XBMC:

Code:
19:29:04 T:6452  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1] Starting the BluRay script
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1] args
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1] plugin://plugin.makemkvbluray/
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1] 0
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1]
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1] done args
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1] Staring
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR-settings 1] reading settings
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR-settings 1] raw param string:
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR-settings 1] reading settings
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR-settings 1] raw param string:
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1] mode: None
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR 1] Showing categories
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR-makemkvinteraction 1] attempting linux kill of makemkvcon
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR-makemkvinteraction 1] Linux call successful
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR-makemkvinteraction 1] attempting windows kill of makemkvcon
19:29:05 T:2104  NOTICE: [BR-makemkvinteraction 1] Windows call successful
19:29:05 T:2104   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
19:29:05 T:2104   ERROR: Error Contents: (13, 'Permission denied', 'c:\\users\\xxx\\appdata\\local\\temp\\tmpenzd8_')
19:29:05 T:2104   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\abultman-plugin.makemkvbluray-dab2624\default.py", line 194, in <module>
                                                mydisplay.handleListing()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\abultman-plugin.makemkvbluray-dab2624\default.py", line 88, in handleListing
                                                self.CATEGORIES()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\abultman-plugin.makemkvbluray-dab2624\default.py", line 151, in CATEGORIES
                                                disclist = self.makemkv.discList()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\abultman-plugin.makemkvbluray-dab2624\resources\lib\makemkv.py", line 15, in discList
                                                tmpf = open(tmpf.name)
                                            IOError: (13, 'Permission denied', 'c:\\users\\xxx\\appdata\\local\\temp\\tmpenzd8_')
19:29:05 T:5464   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.makemkvbluray
19:29:05 T:5464   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.makemkvbluray) failed
19:29:05 T:3928  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
19:32:36 T:6676   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: Endpoint Buffer timed out
19:32:36 T:6676   ERROR: CSoftAE::RunOutputStage - sink error - reinit flagged
19:32:40 T:6676  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: WASAPI Exclusive Mode Sink Initialized Successfully!!!
19:32:44 T:6676   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: Endpoint Buffer timed out
19:32:44 T:6676   ERROR: CSoftAE::RunOutputStage - sink error - reinit flagged
19:32:47 T:6676  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: WASAPI Exclusive Mode Sink Initialized Successfully!!!

thank you.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - Agin - 2012-09-19

Might be covered before; this addon will also work for playback of «ancient» HD DVDs Big Grin
To avoid the pulldown flag problem (29.97fps instead of the actual 23.976fps), a workaround is to make the official Executor addon
run a script before starting the Bluray/MakeMKV addon.

Disclaimer: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Edit the programs.cfg file in /.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.executor/
to make the script available from Executor:
Code:
[Script Name]
exec = /bin/bash /path.to.script/script.sh

The script itself:
Code:
export display=:0
sleep 1
/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr -r 24

Thanks goes to Fritsch and Spiff.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - fritsch - 2012-10-22

@Agin:

What you are doing is, that you force the TV back to 24hz after the mode switch has happened. That is not a good idea, as xbmc (mainline) gets absolutely no knowledge that this refresh has been altered again. It would be better, if you workaround it with a advancedsettings.xml, that has such part of content:

Code:
<video>
  <adjustrefreshrate>
  <override>
  <fpsmin>29.90</fpsmin>
  <fpsmax>29.99</fpsmax>
  <refresh>23.976</refresh>
  </adjustrefreshrate>
</video>

Play a bit with these values. Make sure that you stay below 30.00 to keep 60i working. Also I am not sure about the <refresh>23.976</refresh>. You can verify by running: DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr while playing a movie. Also make sure that the advancedsettings.xml is correct. this video tags have to go under the root element, which is <advancedsettings.xml>

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - LJ50 - 2013-01-03

Appreciate the thread is for Linux users, however I have seen some Windows users having some success with this addon so thought I'd give it a try. I've used the v1.1, with the edit suggested by dgktkr.

Although MakeMKV is installed correctly (can rip using it) and the Plugin appears to be installed correctly (can adjust/change settings) the plugin just doesn't seem to "call" makemkvcon.exe (as I'm running a x64 bit system I also tried settled MakeMKVcon64.exe, but again with no joy). The XBMC log indicates that it's not even trying to run the addon, it simply states that the disc is protected by AACS and exits. There is no reference to "MakeMKV" (and therefore plugin.video.makemkvbluray) anywhere in the XBMC log file at all.

I'm relatively new to all this, so I may just have wasted my time doing something that was never going to work, so my thanks to anyone who can confirm whether the plugin and MakeMKV should or shouldn't work with Windows 8 x64 and Frodo RC2.

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - magnetism - 2013-01-03

Sounds like you're trying to just play the disk, that's not hownit works. You have to run the addon

RE: [LINUX] HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - LJ50 - 2013-01-04

I am an absolute muppet! Of course. I thought the addon would be triggered by the Play Disc command, but obviously not.

Unfortunately, it's still not working. See below the relevant lines of code from the XBMC log. Any advice on what's gone wrong would be gratefully received.

Thanks again.

Code:
21:56:26 T:5948   ERROR: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.makemkvbluray\default.py:5: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
                                              BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = os.path.join( os.getcwd(), "resources" )
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR 1] Starting the BluRay script
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR 1] Staring
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR-settings 1] reading settings
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR-settings 1] raw param string:
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR-settings 1] reading settings
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR-settings 1] raw param string:
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR 1] mode: None
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR 1] Showing categories
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR-makemkvinteraction 1] attempting linux kill of makemkvcon
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR-makemkvinteraction 1] Linux call successful
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR-makemkvinteraction 1] attempting windows kill of makemkvcon
21:56:26 T:5948  NOTICE: [BR-makemkvinteraction 1] Windows call successful
21:56:26 T:5948   ERROR: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\tempfile.py:162: DeprecationWarning: os.getcwd() currently lies to you so please use addon.getAddonInfo('path') to find the script's root directory and DO NOT make relative path accesses based on the results of 'os.getcwd.'
                                              dirlist.append(_os.getcwd())
21:56:26 T:5948   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (13, 'Permission denied', 'c:\\users\\htpc\\appdata\\local\\temp\\tmp7t3pyh')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.makemkvbluray\default.py", line 196, in <module>
                                                mydisplay.handleListing()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.makemkvbluray\default.py", line 88, in handleListing
                                                self.CATEGORIES()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.makemkvbluray\default.py", line 153, in CATEGORIES
                                                disclist = self.makemkv.discList()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.makemkvbluray\resources\lib\makemkv.py", line 17, in discList
                                                tmpf = open(tmpf.name)
                                            IOError: (13, 'Permission denied', 'c:\\users\\htpc\\appdata\\local\\temp\\tmp7t3pyh')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--