Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) (/showthread.php?tid=67420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- magnetism - 2010-02-05

batrad Wrote:success..

I followed the instructions on the makemv site to downgrade the package down to 1.4.11 and now I'm able to stream from Disc... Big Grin

cryptic, but a little search helped...

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=943

Unfortunately, I'm still unable to stream via a share.. Sad

Did see some threads about spaces in the script.. appreciate if someone can share the updated script that may help

Thanks
Whe you say 'share' what do you mean exactly? makemkv needs filesystemlevel access so if you're using xbmc in build options for smb or ftp etc. That won't work now (and possibly not ever)

- RhysGM - 2010-02-05

http://pastebin.com/m325ae3b7

My machine keeps crashing, I can see something is wrong in the log file but I'm not sure what it means.

- batrad - 2010-02-05

magnetism Wrote:Whe you say 'share' what do you mean exactly? makemkv needs filesystemlevel access so if you're using xbmc in build options for smb or ftp etc. That won't work now (and possibly not ever)

By share I mean one of my WHS Drives that are mapped to XBMC for video stream

I can browse the share (opens a list of my mapped locations, I select the location with the ISO), select the ISO, it goes to 100% and then nothing..

let me know if you would like me to capture another debug log..

Thanks

- magnetism - 2010-02-05

batrad Wrote:By share I mean one of my WHS Drives that are mapped to XBMC for video stream

I can browse the share (opens a list of my mapped locations, I select the location with the ISO), select the ISO, it goes to 100% and then nothing..

let me know if you would like me to capture another debug log..

Thanks

You're still not being totally clearing. However, going with what you're saying you've done this by adding an smb source in xbmc. As such it's not available to the makemkv program. It needs to be part of the os level filesystem for makemkv to start using it. Makemkv doesn't support smb natively.

Just to be clear: The script invokes an external program to start the stream which has no relation whatsoever with xbmc itself. I'm afraid that you're out of luck for now, sorry.

I guess you could get it to work by installing smb support locally and mounting your WHS shares straight on the filesystem.

- batrad - 2010-02-05

magnetism Wrote:You're still not being totally clearing. However, going with what you're saying you've done this by adding an smb source in xbmc. As such it's not available to the makemkv program. It needs to be part of the os level filesystem for makemkv to start using it. Makemkv doesn't support smb natively.

Just to be clear: The script invokes an external program to start the stream which has no relation whatsoever with xbmc itself. I'm afraid that you're out of luck for now, sorry.

I guess you could get it to work by installing smb support locally and mounting your WHS shares straight on the filesystem.

magnetism,

Sorry for the confusion. I did add the shares via XBMC SMB..

My need for BluRay is to play Discs (rentals via NetFlix) and not burns for now..

The current setup works for me

Now to find a way to stream Netfix in XBMC Live (know its far far away...)
Thanks

- magnetism - 2010-02-05

No worries. I'd like that scenario to work as well but currently i just see no way.

- Shank - 2010-02-06

Im still having the issue of Loading up a Blu-Ray in the internal player of the Asrock. Start script -> 100% complete -> Script just close without any action.

Is there anything im missing the set-up?

Running v10 of Erhnams disc (Makemkv 1.4.11)

TIA, M

- magnetism - 2010-02-06

Shank Wrote:Is there anything im missing the set-up?

Running v10 of Erhnams disc (Makemkv 1.4.11)
TIA, M
what is your setup? I see you have makemkv, did you also install the commandline version? Does makemkvcon work from the commandline? Try and see if you can stream a bluray disc without the script. If all that fails let me know.

- Shank - 2010-02-06

magnetism Wrote:what is your setup? I see you have makemkv, did you also install the commandline version? Does makemkvcon work from the commandline? Try and see if you can stream a bluray disc without the script. If all that fails let me know.

As I know nothing of linux.. With command line would that be terminal via SSH or brining up some commandline in XBMC Live?

- Phantasm4489 - 2010-02-07

Shank Wrote:As I know nothing of linux.. With command line would that be terminal via SSH or brining up some commandline in XBMC Live?

terminal via ssh (or from gui if you have a full installation of ubuntu)

you need to do this:

makemkvcon stream disc:0

- Shank - 2010-02-07

Phantasm4489 Wrote:terminal via ssh (or from gui if you have a full installation of ubuntu)

you need to do this:

makemkvcon stream disc:0

Response i get is

-bash: /usr/bin/makemkvcon: Permission denied

- Shank - 2010-02-07

Shank Wrote:Response i get is

-bash: /usr/bin/makemkvcon: Permission denied

A bit of googling made me try

chmod 777 makemkvcon

Now I get

005011:000000:0000 Operation sucessfully completed
Current action: Buffer state
004500:000000:0000 Streaming server started, web server address is http://192.168.1.76:51000 or http://localhost:51000

+ that I can browse the BD... Great progress :-)

Now I will try to actually watch the movie.

OK, Movie plays. However Fails to initialize the Audio Device.

- hippojay - 2010-02-07

magnetism Wrote:I'd like to have a more reliable method for local port detection for sure, but somehow this doesn's seem like 'it' to me at the moment (Also, it's not very crossplatform...). Also, the script should be terminating any running makemkvcon before starting another, so what process is still using that port in your case?

Not sure why it didn't re-use 51000, but it definately didn't. Perhaps it was some sort of delay between exit and restart. I'll do some more tests to find out where this is happening.

As for the code, it's almost certainly not 'it' - just something which I hope might have been easier to identify python functions for. I may well do some digging/reading as I'm sick of only being able to write shell scripts...

- olafvs - 2010-02-07

Shank Wrote:OK, Movie plays. However Fails to initialize the Audio Device.

Shank, see my previous post in this thread. I had the same problem with audio. The solution should be there.

As I stated in my post, I don't know what to do first. I was just trying some things and it started working. If you find the exact solution post it back so other people (and I) know what to do in the future. I read more posts from people with similar problems and it helped at least one of them.

- pumkinut - 2010-02-07

Finally got it to work, I had to downgrade to 1.4.11. Great work magnetism!