Kodi Community Forum
Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon) (/showthread.php?tid=67420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- magnetism - 2010-05-07

lenwar Wrote:I noticed that the makemkvcon process keeps running well after I have closed down my blu ray iso.

Normally I wouldn't care much, but the process seems to keep consuming CPU cicles (and to lesser concern keep some memory). Is this is a known bug or a feature? ;-)

Code:
2655 ?        Sl   143:27  \_ /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin
7782 ?        S      0:00      \_ /bin/sh -c "makemkvcon" stream iso:/mythtvdata/videoslocal/rvl-ihvd.iso
7783 ?        Sl    30:24          \_ makemkvcon stream iso:/mythtvdata/videoslocal/rvl-ihvd.iso

It remained there also after I removed it manually from the play list.

It's a feature.... The plugin is only starts up the stream and hands it to XBMC. I don't receive any notification that XBMC stopped playback, hence the plugin doesn't know when to kill makemkv. It only kills makemkv before opening another instance of it.

- magnetism - 2010-05-07

SiNJiN Wrote:The other thing is 'Whiteout'. I just got that disc and the first time it loaded it loaded the 'Making of' video instead of the main movie. I took it out and tried it again and it didn't play that time. Tried it a third time and it played the 'Making of' video again. So, maybe that is my problem with Avatar? Since the Avatar disc is the main movie only...but makemkv is looking for the smaller file to play? Huh
There is an option to browse all feature on the disc as well, you should use that one to go to the 'main' feature of the disc

- magnetism - 2010-05-07

Alright, reupdated the first post so it should point to the plugin again. I realise I've not been very active of late, real life seem to catch up with us every now and again.

Year right.... - lenwar - 2010-05-07

magnetism Wrote:real life seem to catch up with us every now and again.

As if IT-people have real livesShocked
Gamers on the other hand... Have 100's of livesBig Grin

(I should know.. I'm both Wink )

Okay, cool - lenwar - 2010-05-07

magnetism Wrote:It's a feature.... The plugin is only starts up the stream and hands it to XBMC. I don't receive any notification that XBMC stopped playback, hence the plugin doesn't know when to kill makemkv. It only kills makemkv before opening another instance of it.

Cool, thanks. Was just curious.

- -FX-RIDER- - 2010-05-09

cowfodder Wrote:Install x11vnc (sudo apt-get install x11vnc.) Ssh to HTPC via terminal in Mac (or your favorite SSH client.) Sudo stop xbmc-live. startx. Open another ssh connection and type x11vnc. Use Chicken of the VNC (or your favorite VNC client) to launch MakeMKV (right click, shells, bash, makemkv.) Click settings and set your aacs and BD+ keys directories. Download svq and keys files from appropriate sources. Close makemkv and quit X. Restart XBMC and you should be able to play Avatar now.

I tried to follow this, but I've run into some problems, when I stop xbmc-live and then type "startx", open a new ssh connection and start x11vnc, then I'll see just XBMC in my VNC Client... How can I define not to start xbmc again?

I'm running the XBMC liveCD from XBMCfreak. This is based on the normal LiveCD. Any ideas? I already git the allcombined.svq but I can't configure the folders for Makemkv. Or is there a config file which can be edited?

- SiNJiN - 2010-05-10

-FX-RIDER- Wrote:I tried to follow this, but I've run into some problems, when I stop xbmc-live and then type "startx", open a new ssh connection and start x11vnc, then I'll see just XBMC in my VNC Client... How can I define not to start xbmc again?

I'm running the XBMC liveCD from XBMCfreak. This is based on the normal LiveCD. Any ideas? I already git the allcombined.svq but I can't configure the folders for Makemkv. Or is there a config file which can be edited?

Same thing happened to me when I tried to go back into 'X'. A few more tries (reboot XBMC, reboot REVO, etc) and I was able to get back into 'X'.

- -FX-RIDER- - 2010-05-11

I made a request in the MakeMKV forum, here is the answer. Didn't test it yet.

Quote:The configuration file is ~/.MakeMKV/settings.conf . For svq path the setting name is bdplus_SvqDir . The easiest way would be edit preferences on another computer and copy the configuration file.

Could anyone upload a config file?

- -FX-RIDER- - 2010-05-11

Hey guys with help from skittle on the makeMKV forums, I got finally AVATAR to work with XBMC.

Here are the needed settings.conf, create a file named this way in /home/xbmc/.MakeMKV (I had to create that folder...)
Insert this code into your blank file:
Code:
#
# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.5.5 beta linux(x64-release)
#

aacs_KeyFilesDir = ""
app_DestinationDir = ""
app_Key = "T-o4vIHFtFMG0O4H5u0NT40YJcRLnfXk2j1O0Yiy3O6YrwbHga7kWEYays4AS6MTK9h9"
app_ShowDebug = "1"
bdplus_DumpDir = ""
bdplus_SvqDir = "/home/xbmc/.MakeMKV"

And copy your allcombined.svq in this folder, too

But attention, the Beta key included in the settings.conf is running out in 2 days... update it with your version.

- SiNJiN - 2010-05-12

-FX-RIDER- Wrote:Hey guys with help from skittle on the makeMKV forums, I got finally AVATAR to work with XBMC.

Here are the needed settings.conf, create a file named this way in /home/xbmc/.MakeMKV (I had to create that folder...)
Insert this code into your blank file:
Code:
#
# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.5.5 beta linux(x64-release)
#

aacs_KeyFilesDir = ""
app_DestinationDir = ""
app_Key = "T-o4vIHFtFMG0O4H5u0NT40YJcRLnfXk2j1O0Yiy3O6YrwbHga7kWEYays4AS6MTK9h9"
app_ShowDebug = "1"
bdplus_DumpDir = ""
bdplus_SvqDir = "/home/xbmc/.MakeMKV"

And copy your allcombined.svq in this folder, too

But attention, the Beta key included in the settings.conf is running out in 2 days... update it with your version.

Cool! Can't wait to try it! But, wait...I don't know how. Is it the pico command that I use to make this file, or do I just create a text file and change the extension of that file to .conf?

Edit: Okay...just creating a renamed text file didn't work.Laugh
Edit2: I created the settings.conf file using Pico...but where does it save the file to? Edit: Found it! Still doesn't work for me...
Anyway, where do you get the key file? I was never able to complete that step from cowfodder's instructions. Isn't the key file just there since it's a beta release?

- SiNJiN - 2010-05-12

magnetism Wrote:There is an option to browse all feature on the disc as well, you should use that one to go to the 'main' feature of the disc

When I select the BluRay Script...I get 2 options... 1) Disc... 2) Browse.

When I select browse it only gives me the option to browse my External HDD or the Videos folder.

- -FX-RIDER- - 2010-05-12

SiNJiN Wrote:Cool! Can't wait to try it! But, wait...I don't know how. Is it the pico command that I use to make this file, or do I just create a text file and change the extension of that file to .conf?

Edit: Okay...just creating a renamed text file didn't work.Laugh
Edit2: I created the settings.conf file using Pico...but where does it save the file to? Edit: Found it! Still doesn't work for me...
Anyway, where do you get the key file? I was never able to complete that step from cowfodder's instructions. Isn't the key file just there since it's a beta release?

Ok, I made it the easy way, logged into my HTPC with WinSCP, a SFTP client, browsed to /home/xbmc folder, created a folder named ".MakeMKV" (please asure that the folder has the same writing INCLUDING capital letters, as in the conf file!!!).
Then I created a new file (just a right click and selected it from the context menu), named it settings.conf and then copied the already posted text into it. Saved it, and it worked!

When you create a Text file on Windows, it's not in the UTF-8 format, which is needed for Linux, and please make sure the folder is EXACTLY written like in the settings file. I forgot in the 1st try one capital letter!

Another way to try if it works, without using the script, login over ssh and type:
Code:
makemkvcon info disc:0

The you should see a row with debbuging enabled, bla bla... this is done by the settings.conf. After 30s or so, you'll see the streams on the loaded BluRay in your drive.

Streaming over a SMB-share - lenwar - 2010-05-12

I want to stream an Blu Ray images over my network using SMB-mounts.

This works normally if I do a smb-mount on the OS-level and let XBMC look to the directory as if it were a normal local directory. (which is a workable work-around, except that for some spiffy reason my smb-mount seems to be closed after a certain amount of 'idle-time' (I'm looking into the reason of that also, but that is seperate from the stuff below))

If I let XBMC make the SMB-mount for me, the script eventually times out (it can't find the stream?). I can play normal DVD-ISO-files on the same share, and also Blu-ray m2ts or mkv-files.

I haven't done much more testing than this, but I think maybe that the makemkv-executable isn't able to access the SMB-share (and so the script can't read the stream). Is this something which can be fixed, or is this inherent to how XBMC uses it's scripting engine.

- magnetism - 2010-05-14

SiNJiN Wrote:When I select the BluRay Script...I get 2 options... 1) Disc... 2) Browse.

When I select browse it only gives me the option to browse my External HDD or the Videos folder.

You're probably still using the old script. The current version is a plugin instead. Due to the XBMC forum crash a while ago, the start post with the plugin was deleted and the old start post with a ref to the script was restored. Check the first post and download the plugin, it should give you the options to browse.

Anyone?? - lenwar - 2010-05-16

Anyone??

lenwar Wrote:I want to stream an Blu Ray images over my network using SMB-mounts.

This works normally if I do a smb-mount on the OS-level and let XBMC look to the directory as if it were a normal local directory. (which is a workable work-around, except that for some spiffy reason my smb-mount seems to be closed after a certain amount of 'idle-time' (I'm looking into the reason of that also, but that is seperate from the stuff below))

If I let XBMC make the SMB-mount for me, the script eventually times out (it can't find the stream?). I can play normal DVD-ISO-files on the same share, and also Blu-ray m2ts or mkv-files.

I haven't done much more testing than this, but I think maybe that the makemkv-executable isn't able to access the SMB-share (and so the script can't read the stream). Is this something which can be fixed, or is this inherent to how XBMC uses it's scripting engine.