Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV] Remote control menus not working after upgrade Apple TV to XBMC 9.11 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV] Remote control menus not working after upgrade Apple TV to XBMC 9.11 (/showthread.php?tid=67564)

Pages: 1 2 3

[AppleTV] Remote control menus not working after upgrade Apple TV to XBMC 9.11 - a12v13 - 2010-01-16

I upgraded my xmbc to version 9.11 and now I lost mu remote control menus. I used to have dvd menus as well as menus to adjust my video and audio settings now they are gone. I only have my play, pause, volume up and down controls. I have been reading the forum but I cant find the file that I need to edit or copy. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
a12v13

- a12v13 - 2010-01-16

I found the joystick.appleremote.xml and others. I can edit the file to add the context menu options but nothing seems to work. The file is located in mnt/scratch/frontrow/applications/xbmc.app/content/resources/xbmc/system/keymaps. Is this the correct location and file?

a12v13

- MaestroDD - 2010-01-17

Did you try holding the center button during video playback? In Confluence it should bring the menu up on the top of the screen where video and audio controls can be found.

HTH,
mdd

- a12v13 - 2010-01-17

Yes I tried that. When I hold the center button for a while, xmbc reboots. I should be able to asign the menu button for contextmenu, still it doesnt work. Maybe I have the xml file in the wrong locatin because no matter what changes I make to it nothing changes on my remote.

- Winkie - 2010-01-18

Hi a12v13,
I am sure you do have the file in the wrong location. I can't remember the exact location (i know not very useful) but it should be in something like /Users/frontrow/Library/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml

You need to be updating it in the userdata area, not in the System area.

Cheers,
Winkie

- MaestroDD - 2010-01-18

a12v13 Wrote:Yes I tried that. When I hold the center button for a while, XBMC reboots.

oops, that should not happen. Mind posting xbmc.log, console.log and crashreporter.log (for the locations see my signature)?

a12v13 Wrote:I should be able to asign the menu button for contextmenu, still it doesnt work. Maybe I have the xml file in the wrong locatin because no matter what changes I make to it nothing changes on my remote.

see Winkie's post for the proper location.

cheers,
mdd

- a12v13 - 2010-01-18

I though the file I needed to edit was the joystick.AppleRemote.xml. I found a section on that file that is called fullscreenvideo. If I make changes on this section I can turn some buttons off from the appletv remote, but when I try to add the option to hold menu ( <button id="8">ContextMenu</button>), it wont work when I hold the menu button. The other user mentioned having a file called keyboard.xml in a different area, is thi correct. Thank You for all the help

a12v13

- a12v13 - 2010-01-18

I noticed that I am running appletv version 2.0, is this a problem with XBMC version 9.11?

a12v13

Apple Remote not working correctly - ihehner - 2010-01-19

I updated to the new XMBC 9.11 on my Apple TV I also updated to the new Launcher 3.2.2

I'm unclear which one created the issue, but I believe it is the new version of XBMC.

Generally the apple remote still works, but I can't get to the ODS menu anymore when holding the "Play" button. Instead if I press the play button too long (more than 4 seconds) even while watching a movie the whole Apple TV shuts down.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and possibly found a solution?

- a12v13 - 2010-01-19

MaestroDD Wrote:Did you try holding the center button during video playback? In Confluence it should bring the menu up on the top of the screen where video and audio controls can be found.

HTH,
mdd

MaestroDD
I don't get any video or audi controls while streaming on full screen. I found the settings for the remote control in joystick.appleremote.xml. I have tried to assign different buttons to display the contextmenu option but none work. What else can I check for? My xbmc was working fine until I did an upgrade to 9.11. I have even tried to wipe everything out and re-install and I still get the same results. Could this be a bug? How can I install the previous version of xbmc? Without the the contextmenu my kids cant play their movies or video_ts folders with dvd menu options. I dont know what else to try.

- Winkie - 2010-01-19

Hi a12v13,
Sorry if I was a bit misleading before. You are correct when you say you should be editing your joystick.AppleRemote.xml. I was just trying to make sure you edited the correct one (in the userdata area).

I am not having the same problems as you are, but I am also running AppleTV 2.03. I used this to get extra universal remote commands. This might be the problem you are having.

If you do decide to upgrade, please make sure you back up the Userdata folder before you start.

Cheers,
Winkie

- Angrenost - 2010-01-19

Same problem here,unable to use "hold menu" with contextmenu.
I think hold menu doesn't work at all.
Another problem editing joystick.AppleRemote.xml: "bigstepback" using holdleft doesn't work,"bigstepforward" instead,works,strange Huh

AppleTV 2.4 with 9.11 ,aluminium remote.

- Angrenost - 2010-01-19

Same problem,oh well not really a problem,i prefere to shut down in this way instead of exit from XBMC and then via the AppleTV main menu.
To have back the OSD i changed the "joystick.AppleRemote.xml" list,i put the action in the minus button,lost the volume down action,but i don't need it,if i want it, i use my Pioneer Kuro main remote Rolleyes

- Angrenost - 2010-01-19

Another question,without the contextmenu action,how is possible to change source settings,source preview jpg for example,i found only the source.xml list to edit and cancel sources.

- a12v13 - 2010-01-19

I though I was going crazy with this. The option for contextmenu doesnt work with any button on the appletv in fullscreen mode. The context menu works in all the other sections but not whne you are streaming video. Is there anyway to downgrade your installation or to re-install XBMC 9.04. Thanks everyone for all the info.

a12v13