Kodi Community Forum
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: JSON-RPC (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=174)
+---- Thread: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=68263)

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Martijn - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 16:13)yallah Wrote: I use default settings for mysql (from synology in same network that player), Why I don't undestand is before 1 octobber everything was perfect.

I will test with sqlite.

Did you try and go back to that version now?

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - yallah - 2012-10-03

I m not developper but when I stop video after that and go check phpmyadmin (my board for mysql), he don't give me any access (must close xbmc to access to phpmyadmin).

Perhaps (sorry for my noob level developper Smile ), the connexion for json is not closed when I send methods, and mysql keep in memory until max...
(2012-10-03, 17:30)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 16:13)yallah Wrote: I use default settings for mysql (from synology in same network that player), Why I don't undestand is before 1 octobber everything was perfect.

I will test with sqlite.

Did you try and go back to that version now?

yep before this date It's working perfectly.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - yallah - 2012-10-03

Ok some news, I fork on my Git last build of XBMC(from this afternoon), I juste remove commit (commit b4654aa), come back also to 151 max connexion in my sql.

Now I watch full movie without any prob (in phpmyadmin, no more that 6 connexions in same time).

Just prob with compatibility between commit b4654aa and mysql

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2012-10-03

I think I know where the problem is located. Will do a commit that hopefully fixes your problem ASAP.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2012-10-03

OK https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/f9c7e415f4935cba66167addff034f798e397fbf should fix your problem. It was the numerous calls to Player.GetItem that caused both a memory and a SQL connection leak. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Humm Thx Montellese, look like good Smile

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2012-10-04

Most likely the last changes to the JSON-RPC API for Frodo:

Thursday, October 4nd 2012:
Commits: 552580d9007b1959c500
  • merge Player.Move(Left|Right|Up|Down) into Player.Move which takes a "direction" parameter which can be "left", "right", "up" or "down"
  • merge Player.Zoom(In|Out) into Player.Zoom which takes a "zoom" parameter which can be "in", "out" or any integer between 1 and 10 (zoom level)
  • merge Player.(Un)Shuffle into Player.SetShuffle with a "shuffle" parameter which can be true, false or "toggle" so this adds the toggle functionality which wasn't possible up until now
  • rename Player.Repeat to Player.SetRepeat to match the naming convention and renames the "state" parameter to "repeat" and add "cycle" to the list of possible values for the "repeat" parameter
  • merge Player.Go(Previous|Next|To) into Player.GoTo with a "to" parameter (not "position") which can be "previous", "next" or any integer number describing a position in the playlist

There will be a change to the VFS handler to make it more secure by only allowing access to files that are part of a source (video, music, files, ...) defined in XBMC which is IMO a better solution than removing the VFS handler completely until there is a better replacement for it.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Mizaki - 2012-10-04

Just like to say thanks for your work Montellese and everyone else ofc but I don't really bother them Smile

I know there probably isn't much that can be done at this stage but, the lack of JSONRPC for LiveTV is rather disappointing and I should imagine people who create remotes are going to be asked why it isn't in their remotes, time and again.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Tolriq - 2012-10-04

I can only +1 this one this is one of the most asked feature for Yatse Sad

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - N3MIS15 - 2012-10-06

+1 for livetv/pvr support. I also noticed when watching live TV Player.GetItem returns the channel name as label and empty string as title. Any chance we could get the programme name returned?

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2012-10-06

I repeat myself I don't have any access to any PVR functionality so I can't make any changes/additions to JSON-RPC in that area. The "problem" with Player.GetItem for PVR channels is because it needs special handling so we'll need to wait until someone with access to PVR does the work. There's an outdated PR which needs some fixes. While I could make those fixes I can't test them so I couldn't be certain if it would actually work or not and I'm not gonna commit something to mainline if I don't even know whether it works or not.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Tolriq - 2012-10-06

What do you need for PVR testing ?

I have no problem sending you an usb or other needed card for that?.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Mizaki - 2012-10-06

I hope you realise this wasn't really aimed at anyone, especially not you Montellese Smile It was a hope that if anything could be put in after freeze, it would be JSONRPC PVR. Or, throw it in now and fix it up as "bug" fixes.

With that said, I'm happy to test any patches, I use TVHeadend but I don't think it matters with which backend it is tested on?

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 11:47)Tolriq Wrote: What do you need for PVR testing ?

Thanks for the offer. I never watch TV so I never really cared about PVR but I did some investigation concerning what I'd need to get PVR on my dev machine and it turns out that my provider (UPC Cablecom Switzerland) only provides encrypted channels and (in additiona to a DVB-C tuner) I'd need either a CI+ module or a receiver box (we have one for the TV but I can't really use that because then nobody else can watch TV) which would cost extra as well.
Maybe I can get someone to provide me with a way to access their PVR backend which seems a lot easier (and obviously a lot cheaper). I don't wanna watch TV with it (I don't wanna watch TV at all ever).

(2012-10-06, 12:58)Mizaki Wrote: I hope you realise this wasn't really aimed at anyone, especially not you Montellese Smile It was a hope that if anything could be put in after freeze, it would be JSONRPC PVR. Or, throw it in now and fix it up as "bug" fixes.

With that said, I'm happy to test any patches, I use TVHeadend but I don't think it matters with which backend it is tested on?

I'll see if I can fix up the existing patches and point you to them so you can test them.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Tolriq - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 13:21)Montellese Wrote:
(2012-10-06, 11:47)Tolriq Wrote: What do you need for PVR testing ?

Thanks for the offer. I never watch TV so I never really cared about PVR but I did some investigation concerning what I'd need to get PVR on my dev machine and it turns out that my provider (UPC Cablecom Switzerland) only provides encrypted channels and (in additiona to a DVB-C tuner) I'd need either a CI+ module or a receiver box (we have one for the TV but I can't really use that because then nobody else can watch TV) which would cost extra as well.
Maybe I can get someone to provide me with a way to access their PVR backend which seems a lot easier (and obviously a lot cheaper). I don't wanna watch TV with it (I don't wanna watch TV at all ever).

Well this effectively is more complicated and if you never use this then invest would not be very useful Smile

Reading Wiki I suppose I can easily add one of the 3 supported Windows backend to my server and gives you an access to it.

I just need to find a supported card, I suppose basic TNT suppose would be quite enough for all the testing ?