Kodi Community Forum
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: JSON-RPC (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=174)
+---- Thread: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=68263)

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - thica - 2013-02-07

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

Didn't tried it, but this looks like retrieving a filtered list and not like setting a filter. To be more precise. I want to remotely send a command to XBMC, which filteres the curent shown Movie list or openes a filtered movie list. Same if I choose those filter using te Gui.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2013-02-07

You can do it with the advanced filter functionality in the "filter" parameter. It takes a bit to get going but once you've understood how it works, it should be straight forward. Maybe take a look at webinterface.awxi which offers an interface to create such filters and then sends the proper JSON-RPC request.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - houser - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-04, 20:53)johnsills1 Wrote: Devices under the User for XBMC JSON (John's) and import it. I have done alot of work to find out how everything is supposed to work. With the help of many people here on the forum, I have my remote back up and running with JSON.... Hope this helps

Ok with follow up on subject?

John,
Great work on the json codes for iRule. Thanx so much! Works great in my irule setup...
Quick question, the toggle subtitles code does not work on my system.
Separate on and off buttons work great but not the toggle.
Known problem or something we can tweak?
String now is:
jsonrpc?{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"ShowSubtitles"},"id":1}
Checked the documentation but can't find any error.
Any advice appreciated!
Thanx again!

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - thica - 2013-02-07

Thx for your reply.

The filter interface is so poor documentetd, taht i wil struggle to implement anything based on this. The webinterface is interesting, but thre is nothing in, to control xmbc... (Its pulling information only)

(2013-02-07, 09:42)Montellese Wrote: You can do it with the advanced filter functionality in the "filter" parameter. It takes a bit to get going but once you've understood how it works, it should be straight forward. Maybe take a look at webinterface.awxi which offers an interface to create such filters and then sends the proper JSON-RPC request.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - N3MIS15 - 2013-02-08

thica maybe this is what you are looking for? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149701

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2013-02-08

OK now I'm unsure what you try to achieve. Do you want to manipulate the GUI listing in XBMC or do you want to retrieve a filtered list of movies to your client?

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - thica - 2013-02-08

(2013-02-08, 09:43)Montellese Wrote: OK now I'm unsure what you try to achieve. Do you want to manipulate the GUI listing in XBMC or do you want to retrieve a filtered list of movies to your client?

Its for a remote control: " Do you want to manipulate the GUI listing in XBMC " is what I want....

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - doozer - 2013-02-11

Is it possible in Frodo 12.0 to jump to the Aeon Nox "Favorites" screen using Input.ExecuteAction or something similar?

Thanks,
Matt.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Tolriq - 2013-02-11

@thica N3MIS15 gives you the solution in his previous post Smile

@doozer : If the skin use the standard favorites things you can use GUI.ActivateWindow(Favourites)

@Montellese : as you suggested I openned some FR on this forum to open discution since some times but still don't have any feedback Smile
Do you think you can take just 5 mn to comment them with a simple : Won't be accepted, You can try do it, Good idea the team will add, thanks in advance.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - doozer - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 08:52)Tolriq Wrote: @doozer : If the skin use the standard favorites things you can use GUI.ActivateWindow(Favourites)

Thank you, much appreciated. I was looking in the wrong area.

Cheers,
Matt.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - thica - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-08, 07:45)N3MIS15 Wrote: thica maybe this is what you are looking for? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149701

Hello,

thanks for the hint, found and integrated this for the genre topic:

Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": {"window": "video", "parameters":["videodb://1/1/6"]  },"id": "1"}

But still looking for a solution for the watched/unwatched/all movies part...

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Montellese - 2013-02-11

@Tolriq: I'm currently very busy with finishing my master's thesis because I have to be done till end of February so I don't have much time for XBMC. I'll take a closer look as soon as that chapter of my life is finished Wink

@thica: IIRC there's no way to toggle watched/unwatched through JSON-RPC right now.

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Tolriq - 2013-02-11

@Montellese : no problem IRL > All Smile I was just wondering if there's something I can start playing with to change a little from coding Java for Yatse :p

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - thica - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-11, 18:20)Montellese Wrote: @thica: IIRC there's no way to toggle watched/unwatched through JSON-RPC right now.

Thanks for the update, it's one of my most used functions... :-) Maybe in the next release or a hack something for my own..

RE: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Millencolin007 - 2013-02-12

@Montellese: Good luck with your master's thesis

This is just an observation and nothing urgent. When starting music playback on xbmc from "Music Library => Songs" all songs are queued in the music playlist and xbmc sends a notification for every song in your library...

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.OnAdd","params":{"data":{"item":{"id":23630,"type":"song"}

As a result apps listening on port 9090 may get hit by > 10'000 notifications at the same time. I have the feeling that the notifications are sent from the ui thread and as a result xbmc freezes until all notifications are read and processed by the client(s) which can take a while (10 seconds or more... ) (Tested on xbmc frodo)

I can probably just selectively disable playlist notifications using "Configuration.Notifications" but I actually would like to use the Playlist.OnXXX notifications since you don't have to poll xbmc for playlist changes every couple of seconds.

Maybe notifications could be grouped somehow using additional "item" types so that we get a notification that an album with id xx or a genre with id xx was added instead of sending notifications for a large list of songs. Maybe also something like Playlist.OnAddAll to notify clients that all songs have been added. Also there is no notification sent when moving items up/down in the playqueue.

I will add a feature requests in a separate thread.