Kodi Community Forum
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: JSON-RPC (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=174)
+---- Thread: JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=68263)

VideoPlaylist.GetItems Duration=0 - wuench - 2011-01-30

Title says it all. Duration is showing zero in the web interface and for the VideoPlaylist.GetItems command, but not in the GetInfoLablels ListItem.Duration or GetInfoLabels VideoPlayer.Duration

EDIT: Nevermind on this one. It looks like some of my movies don't have the duration under streamsettings in the NFO file, so the data isn't there. I do have some other movies showing this data.

- Montellese - 2011-01-30

Please create bug reports for these problems on http://trac.xbmc.org otherwise these problems tend to get forgotten/lost. Best case you provide the request that causes problems and the response you get along with a description of what exactly the problem is and if we need to do something special to reproduce it. Thanks!

- topfs2 - 2011-01-31

dann0 Wrote:I have just read through this thread and i should say thankyou to everyone who has put there efforts into this interface, i use it and i love it!

It seems that playlist management has not been a strong part of this project to date, I was wondering if playlist management is an area that has received attention in the upcoming version 11? IMO playlist management is a vital part of any media management software but is (sadly) often lacking.

Both the player and the playlist wrapping is rather bad I agree. It follows our internal structure way to much and I opted for speedy development and didn't make it proper.

Hopefully we will have time to redesign this for version 4.

- Celox - 2011-02-01

ok i think i found something weird. in the last couple of weeks i noticed that my xbmc would crash randomly. so i compiled the latest git source and was carefully watching if it would happen again. and i think i found out why. everytime i access MFP which requests info through json my xbmc would crash.
so i went into the config.php to disable the json config.
it did not happen since that, i will be monitoring it further.
anyone else experiencing issues like that?

it did not happen before i had MFP running... Undecided

i also found there is an ticket already open http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10905

[edit]
i activated debugging and i'm trying to reproduce the problem.
oh and if i should post the debug in a different thread, please let me know.
i only thought this might be the appropriate thread for it.
[/edit]

- Hiram - 2011-02-02

Hi guys, I wanted a way to retrieve the episodes of a TV show with the season "Specials". So I thought I'd try something straightforward, and put the season under params as "specials". This results in every episode, from every season, of the specified TV show to come up.

For my particular case this is actually fantastic, as I want to get all the episodes anyway so this saves some processing. But I did a bit of experimenting and no matter what you put in the season param, if it's a string, it returns every episode. Thought this would be worth reporting!

As a side note, I think the string "all" should be an option, to provide the functionality I've discovered.

Edit: How can I get the movies in a set?

Ticket 11165 created - turbolag - 2011-02-05

I created the ticket to track the permissions error when calling Files.Download.

I see that in the Roadmap, HTTP API is to be completely removed from XBMC in three weeks time. Since much of the functionality is missing from JSONRPC, will the HTTP API be kept alive?

- topfs2 - 2011-02-05

turbolag Wrote:I created the ticket to track the permissions error when calling Files.Download.

I see that in the Roadmap, HTTP API is to be completely removed from XBMC in three weeks time. Since much of the functionality is missing from JSONRPC, will the HTTP API be kept alive?

I'd opt to say that we will keep HTTP API until jsonrpc is really close functionality wise, might even be an overlap in time where both exist. HTTP API will however not get new features during this time.

The idea was to remove it in eden but I fear it is unlikely to happen due to the time constraints we all have had to work on the API. Functionality will be really close to HTTP API in eden though, it will be very stable and there are very few stuff missing nowadays. The only missing thing is the execbuiltin which violates the entire philosophy about jsonrpc and it will be really hard to cover all it does before deprecating. Which is why we want as many tickets as possible about missing features and how the methods to access that feature should look (the less we need to think the more likely it is implemented).

- Tolriq - 2011-02-05

About missing feature since i got no answer i suppose it's missing, but we need a way to get covers / fanart for the All seasons in TV Shows.

Or a way to get translated strings in user language from json.

Even if i think that the CRC calculation should really not be language based Smile

- topfs2 - 2011-02-05

Tolriq Wrote:About missing feature since i got no answer i suppose it's missing, but we need a way to get covers / fanart for the All seasons in TV Shows.

Or a way to get translated strings in user language from json.

Even if i think that the CRC calculation should really not be language based Smile

hmm, thought fanart was implemented, if not it really should be. please create a feature request ticket for it Smile Explain exactly what params and fields etc should be.

- wuench - 2011-02-05

I understand the VideoPlaylist.GetItems fields parameter uses the VideoInfoTag values. What would be the syntax for the field parameter to pull cast and stream info?

- topfs2 - 2011-02-05

wuench Wrote:I understand the VideoPlaylist.GetItems fields parameter uses the VideoInfoTag values. What would be the syntax for the field parameter to pull cast and stream info?

Think neither of those are wrapped atm. A ticket would be nice (one for each of the fields).

- Tolriq - 2011-02-05

Fanart for seasons just send back the standard tv show fanart.

What is missing is just the "all seasons" cover and fanart in the VideoLibrary.GetSeasons

like add a season -1 with the data

Will open a trac soon. Or perhaps there's a way to get the "* All seasons" in the user language from httpapi or json ?

- noem - 2011-02-08

I have a lame question
are System.GetInfoLabels,System.GetInfoBooleans working in 10.0 “Dharma” ?
Im trying :
Code:
{"id":7,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"System.GetInfoLabels","params":"[ \"System.BuildVersion\" ]"}

{"id":7,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"System.GetInfoLabels","params":"[ "System.BuildVersion" ]"}

{"id":7,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"System.GetInfoLabels","params":"[ 'System.BuildVersion' ]"}

and I get:
Code:
{
   "error" : {
      "code" : -32602,
      "message" : "Invalid params."
   },
   "id" : 7,
   "jsonrpc" : "2.0"
}

EDIT:
NVM got it working ....

- User 85563 - 2011-02-08

Hi guys, new round these parts,

Been looking at the methods that have been mapped so far and was wondering if there was any way to navigate the menus of xbmc? - i.e. getting the same result as using up,down, left, right & enter on a keyboard.

- Montellese - 2011-02-08

noem Wrote:I have a lame question
are System.GetInfoLabels,System.GetInfoBooleans working in 10.0 “Dharma” ?
Im trying :
Code:
{"id":7,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"System.GetInfoLabels","params":"[ \"System.BuildVersion\" ]"}

{"id":7,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"System.GetInfoLabels","params":"[ "System.BuildVersion" ]"}

{"id":7,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"System.GetInfoLabels","params":"[ 'System.BuildVersion' ]"}

and I get:
Code:
{
   "error" : {
      "code" : -32602,
      "message" : "Invalid params."
   },
   "id" : 7,
   "jsonrpc" : "2.0"
}

EDIT:
NVM got it working ....

For anyone else who doesn't get this working, the proper way is:
Code:
{"id":7,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"System.GetInfoLabels","params":[ "System.BuildVersion" ]}
Notice that only strings are put between double quotes (not single quotes and no escape sequences) but objects (like an array of strings in this case) do not use any quotes around them.

vidtech Wrote:Hi guys, new round these parts,

Been looking at the methods that have been mapped so far and was wondering if there was any way to navigate the menus of xbmc? - i.e. getting the same result as using up,down, left, right & enter on a keyboard.

This is currently not possible. Please check Trac to see if there already is a feature request for this. If not feel free to add one. If you (or anyone else) got any other ideas please create a feature request for every feature you have in mind (not one for all of them) on Trac. Thanks