Kodi Community Forum
Alaska Original BUGS thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: Alaska Original BUGS thread (/showthread.php?tid=68470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- smithr99 - 2010-03-19

when in movie info mode, changing view to show cast, navigate down the cast list (press right to highlight the cast listing and the scroll up and down). Now choose one of the cast members (make sure its an actor who appears in at least 2 films in your directory), and select a different film he/she appears in. Alaska navigates to that selected film movie information screen but it doesn not change the thumbnail to the current film.

thanks

ps it also seems to keep the "Searching <insert actor name here>" icon at the top right corner

- meathane - 2010-03-19

firstly, Alaska is the reason i've made the switch to XBMC from AppleTV OS, i think its amazing

it seems to me when i bring up movie info, then press down, that the VIEW:Cast and VIEWTonguelot are the wrong way round (ie, when it's says VIEWTonguelot, i can see the cast behind it and vise verser).

Also I changed my default music scraper a few times in settings, but now its stuck on FREEBASE (despite it saying ALLMUSIC in settings) and i can't seem to get it to stick on the scraper of choic (in settings it says ALLMUSIC, but when i scrape it always uses FREEBASE)

- Hitcher - 2010-03-20

smithr99 Wrote:when in movie info mode, changing view to show cast, navigate down the cast list (press right to highlight the cast listing and the scroll up and down). Now choose one of the cast members (make sure its an actor who appears in at least 2 films in your directory), and select a different film he/she appears in. Alaska navigates to that selected film movie information screen but it doesn not change the thumbnail to the current film.
I fixed this problem for Alaska Revisited and I've now ported it over to Alaska.

smithr99 Wrote:ps it also seems to keep the "Searching <insert actor name here>" icon at the top right corner
'Searching..' stays on screen for all skins.

meathane Wrote:firstly, Alaska is the reason i've made the switch to XBMC from AppleTV OS, i think its amazing

it seems to me when i bring up movie info, then press down, that the VIEW:Cast and VIEWTonguelot are the wrong way round (ie, when it's says VIEWTonguelot, i can see the cast behind it and vise verser).
It's indicating what will be shown when pressed and is the same for all skins.

meathane Wrote:Also I changed my default music scraper a few times in settings, but now its stuck on FREEBASE (despite it saying ALLMUSIC in settings) and i can't seem to get it to stick on the scraper of choic (in settings it says ALLMUSIC, but when i scrape it always uses FREEBASE)
Not a skin problem.

Poster disapears after going pressing 'I' while in Poster Wrap\Fixed - ssip96 - 2010-03-20

Hi,
Whenever I press 'I' (to get info) on a movie while in Poster Wrap\Fixed view the info shows up but the poster disappears completley (used to move to the left alittle.. doesn't do that anymore)

tried to remove the skin a put it back in its place, delete cache folder... nothing worked...

really would like to use the skin again... anyway to fix it?...

- Amra - 2010-03-21

ssip96 Wrote:Hi,
Whenever I press 'I' (to get info) on a movie while in Poster Wrap\Fixed view the info shows up but the poster disappears completley (used to move to the left alittle.. doesn't do that anymore)

tried to remove the skin a put it back in its place, delete cache folder... nothing worked...

really would like to use the skin again... anyway to fix it?...
Hi Hitcher, I can confirm that this happens after the latest github update. I tested it in an unmodded Alaska skin fresh from Github & then when I add the new DialogVideoInfo code to my Poster mod, the poster image disappears in that also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- mcborzu - 2010-03-21

Delete bolded line, line 142 - Includes_Animations.xml:

Quote:<include name="Animation_PosterInfoSlide">
<animation type="Conditional" condition="Window.IsActive(2003)">
<effect type="slide" start="0,0" end="-242,0" time="400" tween="cubic" easing="inout" />
<effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" />
</animation>
</include>

- Hitcher - 2010-03-21

mcborzu Wrote:Delete bolded line, line 142 - Includes_Animations.xml:

Unfortunately that'll stop the poster changing again when you search the Cast list.

The reason was I started XBMC using Revisited and then switched skin but this meant that it was still using Revisited's language xml when I fixed it.

Anyway, I've had to change the language files to remove the line break ( [CR] ) as this breaks the stringcompare condition I was using.

- ssip96 - 2010-03-21

Hitcher Wrote:Unfortunately that'll stop the poster changing again when you search the Cast list.

The reason was I started XBMC using Revisited and then switched skin but this meant that it was still using Revisited's language xml when I fixed it.

Anyway, I've had to change the language files to remove the line break ( [CR] ) as this breaks the stringcompare condition I was using.

i'm sorry i didn't fully understand you... just download latest ver. of the skin and should be fixed?..

- Hitcher - 2010-03-21

ssip96 Wrote:i'm sorry i didn't fully understand you... just download latest ver. of the skin and should be fixed?..

Yes.

- mcborzu - 2010-03-21

Yea I was using that cool little Poster slides into position for the info screen on my skin but it just got too much to manage with all the views and with the different banner/landscape/poster...I just switched it to use a ratio keep.

- Chubster - 2010-03-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssip96 View Post
i'm sorry i didn't fully understand you... just download latest ver. of the skin and should be fixed?..

Hitcher Wrote:Yes.

Hi Hitcher...quick question. Has this fix / change been included in the mediafire download link?

I have to admit I do not fully understand how to use git properly yet, I "thought" I had downloaded the latest version yesterday from git but nothing seems to have changed.

Cheers mate....great skin!

- Hitcher - 2010-03-22

Chubster Wrote:Hi Hitcher...quick question. Has this fix / change been included in the mediafire download link?
No, but I'm uploading it now.

- Chubster - 2010-03-23

Many thanks Hitcher.....really must get used to this github malarkey. :o

- Chubster - 2010-03-23

Hitcher Wrote:No, but I'm uploading it now.

Not sure if it is me but the download on Mediafire keeps bumming out at around 14mb ?

- Chubster - 2010-03-23

smithr99 Wrote:when in movie info mode, changing view to show cast, navigate down the cast list (press right to highlight the cast listing and the scroll up and down). Now choose one of the cast members (make sure its an actor who appears in at least 2 films in your directory), and select a different film he/she appears in. Alaska navigates to that selected film movie information screen but it doesn not change the thumbnail to the current film.

Ok...can I confirm that the fix you did Hitcher only works when in poster fixed / wrap view. Is that correct.

Cheers