Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- Superorb - 2010-11-24

I read somewhere that the TV should be at eye level or even below eye level. You don't want to be looking up b/c it causes fatigue pretty quickly. A lot of the pics in here have the flat screens mounted higher up, much higher than eye level. Mine is about eye level and it works great, but I do admit it would look better mounted on the wall.

- Shuey - 2010-11-24

Superorb Wrote:I read somewhere that the TV should be at eye level or even below eye level. You don't want to be looking up b/c it causes fatigue pretty quickly. A lot of the pics in here have the flat screens mounted higher up, much higher than eye level. Mine is about eye level and it works great, but I do admit it would look better mounted on the wall.

I'm with you. We have our TV at eye level and it's perfect. I've been in rooms where the TV/screen is up higher and it definitely makes you more fatigued.

Ambilight - tkarns24 - 2010-12-13

Hey how did you set up the light system . i want to set something like that up but using the apple tv. any help would be good

Louike Wrote:Image

Setup:
XP32bit AMD X4 phenom2, nvidia gpu (in the left door)
46" Samsung LE46B650
Pioneer vsx amp
6x 100watt jbl speakers

The philips ambx lights really make my XBMC expirience nicer, id recommend them to anyone since they are only 25 bucks a set in Holland.

- mobious - 2010-12-13

Acer revo 3610 with live dharma rc2
Drobo fs with 3 1.5 tb drives and 2 2TB drives for my video library
Phillips wireless 5.1 surround system
Panasonic vt25 50" plasma HDTV

Will post pictures tomorrow in this post.

Edit: Here it is, a bit messy but it gets the job done, especially thanks to the VT25.

- tkarns24 - 2010-12-13

i have to ask , what are you using for your ambilight behind your tv?

Nahaz Wrote:Hello

Im new to the forum, and what better way to introduce myself than to present my setup in which XBMC handles almost all (not 1080 due to running windows OS on the HTPC) video and music playback. It is a true 9.2 setup including 2 passive bass modules.

Before front high speakers came up:

Daylight mode, projector screen is up.

Theatre mode, screen is down. (projector image inserted from photo taken in the dark)

Some photos taken by a friend (who is a much better photographer than me)
Front speaker and one bass module.

Front, now with front high speakers.

The room with most speakers in view.

ambilight - tkarns24 - 2010-12-14

hey i was wondering about trying to set up ambilight on apple tv

danmedhurst Wrote:Not the best quality pics, my phone is bad in the dark

Custom built Windows 7 PC
Latest XBMC Dharma Beta
AMBX Starter Kit
42" LG TV

- topfs2 - 2010-12-14

tkarns seriously, you don't need to bump and ask same question multiple times in the same thread.... And this is a show off thread, not really suitable for questions

- 2002whitegt - 2010-12-14

Just got some Polk Monitor 60's and a Polk CS1, Movies and music sound so much better now.

You can see the small Pioneer speakers which I replaced still on the wall,

- d1ddyp0p - 2010-12-16

Ha mine is very simple..an old receiver...a couple little stereo speakers...40 inch Samsung........ BUT... I do have over 1100 movies and 2000 tv shows.....every rom for nearly every system....thousands of hi def pictures... Wink housed on about 4 terrabytes (I have some free space) Running off of a AMD 64 bit 4400 X2 Processor w/ 4 gbs of Ram and an Nvidia 8400 w/512mb ram AND....Ubuntu 10.10 on one screen, XBMC on the other... My torrents and such are automatically downloaded through RSS and flexget....over a headless deluge box...which i control with my phone...or my notebook pc....which is connected through dyndns to my home....OVER ssh Wink

- t2ffn - 2010-12-17

d1ddyp0p,

My eyes, my eyes... you must work on some cable management, or atleast hide it!

- Thurbs - 2010-12-18

d1ddyp0p

That cigarette butt in the last pic. makes the whole system pop.

Shmoke and a pancake, bong and blintz....?

- vinistois - 2010-12-20

here's mine.

Its definitely not extensive, but it works for our needs! That's a Lian-Li case holding a Zotac NM10-B-E, with an HD5450 in it and 6TB of HDD space. I use this as a server/htpc hybrid. It runs sickbeard, couch potato, sabnzbd, and MediaFrontPage, and a few other servers, all behind XBMC.

Its an LG 720p 37" and a JVC RX5060 receiver, with a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's. Simple, cheap, and effective.

Oh the furniture is Ikea, their most basic line. Its 2 units side by side, bolted to the wall so its 'floating'. There is a power outlet behind the unit so all wiring is within and in-wall.

Terrible pic, I had some from when the place was clean but can't find em.

Just noticed from the pic my powerbar had fallen down *oops*

- Superorb - 2010-12-20

^^ Is your TV looks crooked?

- justdoit - 2010-12-20

old pic but setup hasnt changed too much. when i got the house, it already had the built-in entertainment center. so i had to get a articulating mount to get the 50" plasma installed. i dont like the fact the side speakers are that high but i can live with it. im not too picky and it sounds good enough for me Smile ... theres also a velodyne dps12 sub on the right corner not in the picture and also painted the wire-tube coming down from the receiving (to sub) to match. theres also a power conditioner behind the tv and dish network hd box behind tv also.

i have acer revo aspire ar1600 running xbmc to left/behind of center speaker (not visible) in picture.

- vinistois - 2010-12-20

Superorb Wrote:^^ Is your TV looks crooked?

Its perfectly level... must be an illusion.