Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- Superorb - 2011-01-25

ppic Wrote:i'm sure i'm not jalous about your camera !
Probably a cell phone pic.

- tcman47 - 2011-01-25

I have a 14" black & white tv connected to internet via a 56K dialup modem and served media to from my homemade computer with 128mb of memory and obsolete celeron chip, graphics are from a squirrel running around in a cage, it all works really good until he gets tired and it all goes to hell.

TC Rolleyes

- Uuaww - 2011-01-26

Superorb Wrote:Probably a cell phone pic.

Haha yeah, lost my camera. But I gotta represent my hometown where the low temp for the year is 75, high of 95 and everyday in that range.

- Superorb - 2011-01-26

Uuaww Wrote:Haha yeah, lost my camera. But I gotta represent my hometown where the low temp for the year is 75, high of 95 and everyday in that range.
Too hot for me, I moved out of Florida for that reason.

- topfs2 - 2011-01-26

Uuaww Wrote:Haha yeah, lost my camera. But I gotta represent my hometown where the low temp for the year is 75, high of 95 and everyday in that range.

Also want to point out that those are nonsense numbers, you should use a proper measurement like the sane part of the world (celsius ftw) Wink

- Superorb - 2011-01-26

topfs2 Wrote:Also want to point out that those are nonsense numbers, you should use a proper measurement like the sane part of the world (celsius ftw) Wink
+1. Why the US never switched to the metric system is beyond me. Yes, every company would need to retool, but a worldwide standardization on something as fundamental as units of measure would be such a great thing. Plus, metric just plain makes sense.

- topfs2 - 2011-01-26

Superorb Wrote:+1. Why the US never switched to the metric system is beyond me. Yes, every company would need to retool, but a worldwide standardization on something as fundamental as units of measure would be such a great thing. Plus, metric just plain makes sense.

I am just sad that the French revolutionary time never stayed.

- Superorb - 2011-01-26

topfs2 Wrote:I am just sad that the French revolutionary time never stayed.
Decimal time, basically Metric System applied to time. Yeah, it's too bad that never caught on either, it would make programming events a crap ton easier to implement in code.

- Uuaww - 2011-01-26

Celcius, between 30-40 everyday.

- topfs2 - 2011-01-26

Uuaww Wrote:Celcius, between 30-40 everyday.

isch, thats way to hot. Anything over 25 is a pain

- joethefox - 2011-01-26

this is my supersilent-allinone-double-sided HTPC (for gaming too):

- SuperStereo Mode

- TV Mode

Hardware
- Case Thermaltake DH202 7'' LCD Touch
- Motherboard Asus P7P55 D
- CPU Intel core i5 760
- CPU Cooler Noctua NH-C12P SE14
- Memory 2x2GB Kingston 1333 MHz CL9
- HardDisk Kingston SSDNow V+ 64GB
- Graphic Card Asus ENGTS450 DirectCU
- DVB-S2 TeVii S470 DVB-S2 PCIe
- DVB-T Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T-500
- Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
- M-Audio BX5a-Deluxe Studio Monitors
- PSU Enermax Modu87+ 500W
- TV Plasma Panasonic 42V10

Software
- XBMC on Linux Ubuntu Maverick 10.10 server
- Windows for gaming only

- Superorb - 2011-01-27

^^ How are you driving those speakers next to the HTPC case?

- joethefox - 2011-01-27

@Superorb, did you mean how are connected? with a stereo mini-jack - 2 x mono-jack cable connected to the sb audigy2 front output.

- Superorb - 2011-01-27

joethefox Wrote:@Superorb, did you mean how are connected? with a stereo mini-jack - 2 x mono-jack cable connected to the sb audigy2 front output.
Ok, I worded it wrong. Are those speakers powered? Do you plug them into the wall for power or do they get their power from another amp of some sort?

- joethefox - 2011-01-27

Smile each monitor is with its own power cord. Studiophile BX5a Deluxe
sounds pretty good lossless audio.