Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- Superorb - 2011-01-27

joethefox Wrote:Smile each monitor is with its own power cord. Studiophile BX5a Deluxe
sounds pretty good lossless audio.
Wow, $400 computer speakers are PRICEY Wink

- TonyNoone - 2011-01-27

Superorb Wrote:Wow, $400 computer speakers are PRICEY Wink

By comparison to most other computer speakers, yes but, that's cheap as all get out compared to, well, most well built, high quality, bad a$$ rigs. My wife would be happy had we got off that easy and we are hardly running top of the line gear.

- joethefox - 2011-01-27

Superorb Wrote:Wow, $400 computer speakers are PRICEY Wink
considering that in Italy the price varies between 250 and 290€, for my needs was a best buy.
The thing I liked is that any kind of music do you listen, you never fail to clearly distinguish all the instruments in the song, giving you the feeling of clean sound that I have met only with very expensive equipment.
I remember the first time I put on the album "No Code" by Pearl Jam I turned around looking for Eddie Vedder, truly effective reproduction of mids tones (the voice).

- Superorb - 2011-01-27

joethefox Wrote:considering that in Italy the price varies between 250 and 290€, for my needs was a best buy.
The thing I liked is that any kind of music do you listen, you never fail to clearly distinguish all the instruments in the song, giving you the feeling of clean sound that I have met only with very expensive equipment.
I remember the first time I put on the album "No Code" by Pearl Jam I turned around looking for Eddie Vedder, truly effective reproduction of mids tones (the voice).
Gotcha.

- Uuaww - 2011-01-27

topfs2 Wrote:isch, thats way to hot. Anything over 25 is a pain

sorry, meant 25-35... still a pain for you though lol.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-01-27

TonyNoone Wrote:By comparison to most other computer speakers, yes but, that's cheap as all get out compared to, well, most well built, high quality, bad a$$ rigs. My wife would be happy had we got off that easy and we are hardly running top of the line gear.

Yeah, but if I am spending close to that much I would rather have the Logitech Z-5500. I think that is the best "cheap" PC surround system you can get.

I would not necessarily recommend it for a living room home theater... but it could work for a bedroom or office.

- topfs2 - 2011-01-27

bmcclure937 Wrote:Yeah, but if I am spending close to that much I would rather have the Logitech Z-5500. I think that is the best "cheap" PC surround system you can get.

I would not necessarily recommend it for a living room home theater... but it could work for a bedroom or office.

Afaict its a different goal, the Z-5500 are really good for movies but for music they are really not that good. I have heard alot better speakers than them for music, the mids are really weird on Z-5500 for music and depending on what you are listening to they won't work good at all (rock is awful on them IMO).

Don't get me wrong I will most likely by the Z-5500 when I have enough money since I most of the time watch movies and music through headphones. But I must say I am intrigued by those speakers tbh.

- joethefox - 2011-01-27

bmcclure937 Wrote:Yeah, but if I am spending close to that much I would rather have the Logitech Z-5500. I think that is the best "cheap" PC surround system you can get.
DOH! If I understand well, we are talking about a 2.0 (we can say that 2.1 is also accept) close to Hi-Fi audio listening experience driven by XBMC (i.e. lossless file liquidmusic). With this point of view maybe we have an excellent value for money. Give a chance to a pair of studio monitor if you never got to hear them. Nod

- bmcclure937 - 2011-01-27

Ah. Fair enough. I thought we were talking about all-around functionality. Not a 2.0 or 2.1 HiFi setup. I like those M-Audio and they do make nice studio monitors.

My HTPC - mcpish - 2011-01-28

Running both a MythTV backend connected via firewire to my HDTV cable box with XBMC as the frontend.

50" Plasma
5.1 Denon AV receiver
Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM, 4TB Hard Drive
Nvidia GT220 Graphics Card (HDMI out)

ImageImageImageImage

- joethefox - 2011-01-28

@mcpish, pretty nice setup and lights Smile ... but during a movie playback the lights turn into a more relax soft white@6500K, right? Wink

- Thurbs - 2011-01-28

Cool lasers

- PatrickVogeli - 2011-01-29

Hi!

so, after cleaning my bedroom, I can now post some photos of my setup too Laugh

Of course it's not the most extensive, but it isn't too bad for a studen'ts bedroom Nerd

My gear is:

TV: Samsung TV LE32B530
HTPC: Asrock ION 330HT + Verbatim USB 2TB + Logitech Ex300
Remote: Philips SRP5004/86
AVR: Sony STR-DH700 7.1 100W/ch @ 8ohms
Speakers: Infinity Primus 150

General view:

HTPC general view:

HTCP + AVR:

- joethefox - 2011-01-29

^^I Like your setup and space utilization, well done!

- panaman - 2011-01-30

Here is my system... its in my Mancave in the basement... crummy cell phone picture though
42 Inch 1080p Insignia TV
From left to right....
Beer Fridge, XBMC HTPC, Digital Clock :-), PS3, Xbox360, Ipod, Samsung CW700 Receiver, Red stand with switches, router and cable modem
7.1 Sounds system, with Polk audio and JBL speakers setup in a Prologic IIz configuration.