Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- TonyNoone - 2011-04-06

Superorb Wrote:^^ Wow, that's really, really nice work you've done Smile Everything looks great! I'm hoping for a basement when we move to Denver this summer.

Another Denver based user here. Congrats! You'll love it here.

- Superorb - 2011-04-06

TonyNoone Wrote:Another Denver based user here. Congrats! You'll love it here.
We can't wait!

- Quicksilver77 - 2011-04-06

I'll Play:

Old Setup (few years back)

New Setup

Equipment:

Pioneer PDP-5080HD

Yamaha RX-V3900
Paradigm Monitor 7 Fronts
Paradigm Titans Rears
Paradigm CC-390 Center
Paradigm PDR-10 Sub

Logitech Harmony One
PS3
Xbox 360

Mac Mini 1.86 (needs to be upgraded)

My only complaint so far with my setup is I am not able to get the Mini to display properly using a DVI-HDMI adapter through my Yamaha Receiver. Currently have it directly connected to plasma. I use the Yamaha for controlling the volume and get no on screen display.

Yes I need to take a course in cable management.

Great setup's in this thread make me jealous.

- khalid7412002 - 2011-04-06

here are the updated pics after the installation of a kef Kht3005se speaker system and Denon 3311ci; replaced a bose Acoustimass 6 speaker system, and denon 2308ci.
here is my main set up.
TV: 60 inch LG Plasma Model 60PS11
PS3: 250 GB
XBox 360 Slim: 250GB with kinect
Wii
Receiver: Denon 3311ci
Surround System: Kef kht3005 SE
Belkin PureAV PF60 Home Theater Power Console

center speaker along with kinect and wii sensor

shot of my small living room

shot of the sub behind the Av stand because my cat would love to chew the exposed sub. So i bought a motion sensor device that projects compressed towards it if it comes within two feet of the device. lol

HTPC:
Case: nMEDIAPC, model:6000B
Amd Sempron 145 2.8GHz, OCZ 60 gig SSD vortex 2 for OS, 14 Tb storage, 4 GIG Ram, ATI HD 5450, samsung blu-ray combo drive

All controlled via Harmony 900 remote with the MCE IR receiver for the HTPC and logitech dinovo mini.

I still need to do a better job of hiding the wires, any suggestions?

- Superorb - 2011-04-06

Quicksilver77 Wrote:Image

The floor looks great, I really like it. And, those speakers definitely look better with the grills on.

- thunderbunny - 2011-04-07

Here's my setup.

47" Toshiba LCD
Pioneer 600W Receiver
Yamaha 5.1 Surround Speakers
Pioneer Blu Ray
NMedia 2000B>
i3-550, 4GB RAM, ATI HD5550 Graphics
Xbox 360 w/Kinect
Original Xbox still rocking XBMC since 2005Nod

- Raw - 2011-04-10

My setup is on a fairly standard leftover computer, but I have a projector that projects an image 5 m wide and a PA sound system that produce 3300W RMS raw power. Add to that that it's a big room (12x9 meters, a former church).

I don't have any shots with XBMC active, but here's the room:

From the back towards the screen. The screen takes up the entire front alcove.

From the screen, looking back. I have some monitors and stuff temporarily set up for testing in the shot.

Side view of the room, screen to the left.

So, now you can all go home and weep, I have the coolest home theater... Smile

- PatrickVogeli - 2011-04-10

uaaaaaaau... really big room. A former church?? When you make a statement like that, you should elaborate the story a bit more Wink

- Juanflaco - 2011-04-10

Raw Wrote:So, now you can all go home and weep, I have the coolest home theater... Smile

I'm actually a little disappointed. Before seeing the pictures I imagined a creepy old Gothic building. The kind of theater you wouldn't dare watch The Exorcist or play Left 4 Dead in Smile

- falafael - 2011-04-10

it looks like you live in a hotel, not all its cracked up to be mate!

- Superorb - 2011-04-10

Raw Wrote:So, now you can all go home and weep, I have the coolest home theater... Smile

Except that you live in a church. I'm hesitant to set foot in one, and I'd never LIVE in one. Did the church go out of business and you bought it? Kidding aside, I am curious to know how one buys a church.

- Aslan2120 - 2011-04-10

I dont have any pictures of mine right now, but I am currently running 4 AppleTVs with the crystal HD card. They are all running Sam's ubuntu image off the hard drive and connected to my home network. A Netgear NV+ NAS with 3 TB running raid 5 holds all of the media and mysql is running on a Win7 computer that also has sickbeard for TV show management.

I love the AppleTVs (0nce you remove Frontrow) casue they are cheap and quiet.

It took a shile to get everything working right but the familly loves it now lol.

- opm881 - 2011-04-11

thunderbunny Wrote:Here's my setup.

47" Toshiba LCD
Pioneer 600W Receiver
Yamaha 5.1 Surround Speakers
Pioneer Blu Ray
NMedia 2000B>
i3-550, 4GB RAM, ATI HD5550 Graphics
Xbox 360 w/Kinect
Original Xbox still rocking XBMC since 2005Nod

http://www.engagemediastl.com/xbmc/xbmc_setup.JPG
What skin is that?

Superorb Wrote:Except that you live in a church. I'm hesitant to set foot in one, and I'd never LIVE in one. Did the church go out of business and you bought it? Kidding aside, I am curious to know how one buys a church.
It appears to be a rather common thing in the UK/Europe. They are often small churches that then get sold off when the church needs to be bigger but the land cant accommodate a bigger church, so they movie to a new site. Its just a build really. There was an episode on Grand designs(or that show with the british blonde woman who follows first time renovators or something) I think it was where someone retrofitted a church into a home.

- thunderbunny - 2011-04-11

@opm881

It's Aeon MQ2 using showcase view.

- TonyNoone - 2011-04-11

...and I'm sure that the 1st order reflections (particularly from the center channel drivers placed mere inches from a hard wood floor) don't render a pure, muddy mess of your sound stage. There's no way that your space isn't acoustically infinite meaning that your low end must really pressurize that room. Yeah, I'm positive that the room doesn't sound abysmal...you rock!