Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- seand - 2011-06-29

Jenna Wrote:only just found out my ATV2 doesn't have a mini PCiE slut to insert a Crystal HD decoder card! :-(
Rather unfortunate typo. Sounds downright uncomfortable.

- hansrouge - 2011-07-01

Hey,

so here is mine. I have to say I dont have that much money, so it's more like a low-budget-setup. But it is enough for now. Livingroom just has 12m².

What I got:
TV: Panasonic 46GW20
Speakers: Harman Kardon HKTS 11 BQ 5.1 black
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-919AH-K
BluRay Player: Pioneer BDP-320
Nas: Zyxel NSA-221 [2TB]

HTPC:
MB: Zotac ION MiniITX A-E
RAM: 3GB
HDD: 120GB [No Media on it. Just a few playlists]
Case: SuperFlower SF101BK
Win 7 32bit
---------
I payed about 250€ for the complete HTPC. Plays everything smooth.

Remote:
iPhone: XBMC Commander and XBMC Remote
Trust Thinithy Wireless Entertainment Keybord (just ordered)

Here are some pics (sry, i used my iphone camera...)

Bottom: Receiver - NAS - HTPC
Middle: BD-Player - Record Player (? not sure about the word...i am german...)
Top: TV

It's a pretty neat case. But I don't like the two DVD-Bays...I am not using them.

And of course there is a duck ^^

- ZombieRobot - 2011-07-01

seand Wrote:Rather unfortunate typo. Sounds downright uncomfortable.

Haha Awesome

- Superorb - 2011-07-01

hansrouge Wrote:Hey,

so here is mine. I have to say I dont have that much money, so it's more like a low-budget-setup. But it is enough for now. Livingroom just has 12m².

I don't know how you define "not a lot of money", but you seem to have a lot of nice stuff. My entire setup (minus the TV) is all at least 12 years old, with the HTPC and the receiver/speakers being being 15+ years old. I had that receiver/speakers in middle school Wink

- hansrouge - 2011-07-01

Thanks, suberorb.
Ja, that Is some nice stuff. I like My receiver, blurayplayer and tv and will have them for a Long Time Smile
I meant my speakers and htpc. They are good for now and will do it for My Small flat, but i Wont have them for the Next 10years. Wink

i have to say i am still in universaty and for that my Home theater is awesome...spend like all My Money for it.

P.s. Sry for all misspellings and bad grammar...but i am German and wrote this On My smartphone Big Grin

- Superorb - 2011-07-01

hansrouge Wrote:Thanks, suberorb.
Ja, that Is some nice stuff. I like My receiver, blurayplayer and tv and will have them for a Long Time Smile
I meant my speakers and htpc. They are good for now and will do it for My Small flat, but i Wont have them for the Next 10years. Wink

i have to say i am still in universaty and for that my Home theater is awesome...spend like all My Money for it.

P.s. Sry for all misspellings and bad grammar...but i am German and wrote this On My smartphone Big Grin
You've got very good English for it being your 2nd language. There are many Americans who have terrible English as it is.

- Thurbs - 2011-07-01

@hansrouge -- You got the word "record player" correct..you mean Germany hasn't upgraded to compact disks yet?Wink

Thanks XBMC Team and community!!!! - Queball - 2011-07-03

First off, this is the first computer(s) that I have ever built and have no experience so a BIG thanks to everyone who posts helpful information (eskro, poofy, and many others) I don't think I would have had the guts to do this without this forum. I have been using this setup for about 4 months and think I'm finally done tweaking. Me, my family, and friends all love the outcome!

Entertainment Room --
I use Windows 7 as the os to take advantage of WMC for live tv. Along with TV, receiver, and WMC I mapped a windows keyboard as a device on the Harmony remote so it can send keyboard presses then used Autohotkey to make custom keypress commands that can be sent my the remote. I can open/close WMC or XBMC with a button or make any custom command with Authotkey and map a keypress to it on the Harmony.

-Silverstone Grandia Series GD05B case
-AMD Phenom II X4 840
-4GB RAM
-ASUS ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP) GeForce GT 430
-32GB SSD os drive
-2TB green drive (for recording live tv, swap, search index, backup, etc.)
-Harmony 650
-IOGEAR GKM581R keyboard
-Samsung 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM
-Yamaha YAMAHA RX-V667BL 7.2-Channel Receiver
-50" Panasonic Plasma

I modified the entertainment center by removing to drawers and replacing them with fully extendable shelves for easy access to the back of the HTPC and receiver.

Bedroom--
-Giada CUBE-N3-D2OB
-8GB SD card for Openelec
-1GB RAM
-Remote for the TV works
-47" Vizio LED/LCD

Unraid--
-BIOSTAR A760G M2+
-AMD Athlon II X4 640
-AZZA Helios 910
-Norco SS-500 + 2TB WD green drives + Cache drive
-4GB RAM
-HD Homerun
+ Couchpotato, Sickbeard, Sabnzbd, Crashplan, Airvideo

Thanks XBMC Team and community!!!!

Gallery

- Superorb - 2011-07-03

^^ Nice. Any reason why you went with quad cores on the server and the family room HTPC? It seems like big time overkill to me. Nice cable management in the server though, mine is a small case and is a total mess.

- Queball - 2011-07-03

Basically because I didn't know any better and my strategy during the build was to wait and find parts on sale (doesn't help that Fry's and Microcenter are walking distance from my office). On the HTPC it comes in handy for games although I rarely play them. I use Airvideo very frequently to stream/transcode video from the server to an ipad so I don't regret the quad core on the server that much. I guess the biggest drawback is the extra power consumption.

- Superorb - 2011-07-03

Queball Wrote:Basically because I didn't know any better and my strategy during the build was to wait and find parts on sale (doesn't help that Fry's and Microcenter are walking distance from my office). On the HTPC it comes in handy for games although I rarely play them. I use Airvideo very frequently to stream/transcode video from the server to an ipad so I don't regret the quad core on the server that much. I guess the biggest drawback is the extra power consumption.
Ahh, that makes more sense then. Yes, if I worked/lived within walking distance of both Fry's AND Microcenter I'd have other problems Big Grin

- ZombieRobot - 2011-07-03

Nice setup queball

- verses sng - 2011-07-05

hi guys i m new in this forum ....really its a in trusting forum ..........thanks to all for sharing........

- bazwalt - 2011-07-07

The GD05B is a strange case to work with. It's nice...but the drive bay was rather weird and really doesnt give you alot to work with in terms of HDD space unless you plan on going all out SSD.

I don't mind it overall, but for the future I probably wouldn't buy the case again.

- Squa7ch - 2011-07-10

This is my setup atm, I need to get a nice TV for my bedroom (I'd hook it up to the 50" Plasma in the living room if I didn't play games). Now that I think about it, I haven't even launched XBMC since I replaced my main drive a couple weeks back...need to get on it.

PC.