Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- Superorb - 2011-07-19

Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Really, you find it more accurate? So far I've only run into ONE issue and that was because years for a movie on IMDB and TMDB didn't match up...
The person I quoted found it more accurate, that's part of the reason why I requested more info Wink

- seand - 2011-07-19

Queball Wrote:Unraid--
-BIOSTAR A760G M2+
-AMD Athlon II X4 640
-AZZA Helios 910
-Norco SS-500 + 2TB WD green drives + Cache drive
-4GB RAM
+ Couchpotato, Sickbeard, Sabnzbd, Crashplan, Airvideo

I have virtually the same UnRAID setup except 3 more HD's (tried some Hitachi drives to mix it up). Haven't messed with Airvideo.

Do you use the HD Homerun for PVR and if so do you automate adding recorded shows to the UnRAID and how?

- Queball - 2011-07-19

seand Wrote:I have virtually the same UnRAID setup except 3 more HD's (tried some Hitachi drives to mix it up). Haven't messed with Airvideo.

Do you use the HD Homerun for PVR and if so do you automate adding recorded shows to the UnRAID and how?

Definitely look into Airvideo. It's a pretty simply install and setup using the package manager in Unmenu.

I use the HD Homerun's (1 tuner each - got them for a great deal when the dual tuner versions came out) for live TV/PVR in Windows Media Center on a Windows 7/XBMC machine and for live tv on an openelec machine. They've worked without a hitch.

I also wanted to automate adding the recorded shows to the Unraid. For a while I used MCE Buddy to convert the .wtv files generated by WMC to .ms-dvr (XBMC can play)files then it automatically saves them to the Unraid server in a single "dump" location. I then had to had to rename and move them into my TV folder hierarchy. The main reason I wanted to do this was to be able to watch shows I recorded with WMC on my openelec box. The renaming and moving became to much of a hassle though and MCE Buddy didn't work flawlessy for me. This is a very recent hobby for me so I don't have much experience and suspect that there are much better solutions.

I want to try the Windows PVR branch of XBMC but haven't had the time to research/learn everything that is involved yet.

Suggestions or advice is definitely welcome!

- michaudtime - 2011-07-20

This is my little setup, I live in base housing in japan so there is kinda a limit of what I can do as far as running wires and permanently mounting stuff and all that fun things!!

Equipment:

Samsung HL67A750 67" DLP
Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2-Channel Receiver
Sub 1: Yamaha YST-RSW300
Sub 2: Yamaha YST-RSW315
Rears: 2X Yamaha NS-F210
Fronts: 2X Yamaha NS-333
Center: Yamaha NS-C444
Acer Aspire Revo AR1600-U910H with upgraded ram & 16 Gig SSD Running XBMC
Acer Easystore server with 6.5 TB of space (I currently have 1,090 Movies and 6,994 episodes of shows on it)
Bluray/dvd player is my PS3
Xbox 360 slim for gaming
Turtle Beach X41s (for when I have to be quite)
Wii (hacked to run the games off an External HDD)
the seating is kind of limited to how the room is shaped and what they have here on base at the furniture store.
Oh and I threw in a picture of my Bar top arcade that I'm working on. It's not perfect but hey... it works and I can play nonstop TMNTs!!!

PICS

ImageImageImage

I've got 3 Apple TV 2's upstairs in each bedroom that all run down to the server... but I don't think there setups are anything cool or anything. Hope you enjoy.

- michaudtime - 2011-07-20

Sorry would only let me post 6 pics at a time Smile

- htpc guy - 2011-07-20

Nice^^^

Now if only my wife would let me decorate with swords.

- natethomas - 2011-07-21

Michaudtime, so many swords! And a giant clock! I am envious.

Tchort (or however you spell it), are those the same speakers famously used in the Sandman thread on AVSforum?

- michaudtime - 2011-07-21

Lol thank you, ya we live in Japan so we had to get the Japanese sword set and the big @$$ claymore on the wall we got when we did the origin of me and my wife's name.

- |Tch0rT| - 2011-07-21

Swords! Cool I got a few myself but they're in storage. I should buy a sword rack but I'm afraid my 4 year old will figure out how to get at them.

natethomas Wrote:Tchort (or however you spell it), are those the same speakers famously used in the Sandman thread on AVSforum?

I'm familiar with AVSforum but not the Sandman thread. My main left & right speakers are a newer design just released in March or April of this year.

EDIT I did a search, no they aren't the same speakers but it's the same brand though. The ones he had were higher up on their tier of ElectroStats with a much larger panel then the ones I have. There's about 10 years of models in between.

- brimnac - 2011-07-25

For Viewing:
1 Apple TV 2
2 Giada N3 Cube (Ion 330 Systems) on HD TVs; XBMC Live & OpenElec (one OS/machine)
2 Original Xboxs on SD TVs

For Hosting
8TB unRAID server: Hosts all thumbnails (shared across all devices that allow it), runs MySQL for a shared library (for the Giadas), SAB, CouchPotato and SickBeard

I've used XBMC for at least 7 or 8 years. I just put together the unRAID and XBMCLive/OpenELEC guys in the past three months. After setting it all up, my wife said the other day "This is exactly the way I've hoped it would work since we first started using it." With the Wife Acceptance Factor at 100%, I couldn't be happier.

New Setup - Waveknight - 2011-07-28

After 2 months of design and construction, I've finally finished my new AV rack. Most of the racks I could find seemed really expensive for what they were, plus almost none of them would accommodate my newly built server/XBMC tower.

Taking inspiration from this website, I decided to build my own from scratch. I'm delighted with the outcome, but I'll let the photos do the talking.

- Jezz_X - 2011-07-28

shiny Smile

- vinistois - 2011-07-28

that's awesome. Congrats, I love home-built stuff. That is exactly how I would have done it!

- Thurbs - 2011-07-28

Oops I can see we will soon have the speaker grill on vs. off discussion....
I like the home made racks.

- tazelaaarq - 2011-07-28

I have a question for people with multiple remotes and controllers for game systems, what kind of organization do you use? I seem to always just leave my ps3, wii, and remote laying around and I'm looking for a better system.