Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- Waveknight - 2011-07-28

Thurbs Wrote:Oops I can see we will soon have the speaker grill on vs. off discussion....
I like the home made racks.

At least it's not the asymmetrical speaker discussion, that seems to make some folk a bit twitchy :p

I'm an engineer at heart, so I like being able to see how something does its job whenever possible. I think big floor-standing speakers with multiple cones are great, no need to cover them up.

- Thurbs - 2011-07-28

@Waveknight

On your legs for your shelves is that allthread or bolts with threaded ends?
I am looking to build an industrial looking desk and bookshelf system for my home office and have thought of this same idea. What size bolt/allthread are you using? Looks good

- Waveknight - 2011-07-28

@Thurbs

I ended up using M10 hardware (fully threaded rod, hex nuts, dome nuts and washers). I could stick a thread in the Hardware forum with a bit more info if you like?

- Thurbs - 2011-07-28

@Waveknight
send a PM of the specs that you used. I am fully aware of what you are talking about. Working with a bunch of dorky civil engineers makes you smart like that.

- Juanflaco - 2011-07-28

Nice job on the DIY shelving. I used the same technique to make a pair of tall skinny shelves for surround speakers a while back, but yours are way more nicely finished than mine were. Kudos on a job well done!

tazelaaarq Wrote:I have a question for people with multiple remotes and controllers for game systems, what kind of organization do you use? I seem to always just leave my ps3, wii, and remote laying around and I'm looking for a better system.

Man, it's tough. They just take up so much space. I keep a Harmony remote and a single 360 controller on a shelf in the component rack because most of our use is XBMC or one person at a time on the 360, and the other less-used controllers are stashed away in rolling caddy thing. My issue right now is all the damn Rockband instruments so I'm in the planning stages for building some storage for the bigger stuff under my PJ screen behind a hinged panel.

- PyRo1509 - 2011-07-29

Superorb Wrote:Pretty cool. Care to explain your script in detail? You can PM me if you'd like.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

Code:
clear;
IFS=$'\n'
#-=-=-=-=Set input directory-=-=-=-=
inputDir='/Volumes/SilverDrive/Output/';
#-=-=-=-=Set output directory-=-=-=-=
outputDir='/Volumes/SilverDrive/Output/';
#-=-=-=-=Enter input File Type-=-=-=-=
searchForFileType="m4v";

TempFile="/TempFile.txt";

#Start Looping through directory for files
for x in `ls $inputDir*.$searchForFileType`
do
    # Get the filename and remove the file extension.
    ABSfileNoExtension=${x%.$searchForFileType};
    fileNoExtension=${ABSfileNoExtension##*/};
    echo "Searching for "$fileNoExtension;

#Use Lynx to search Google for the IMDb link and Dump into a txt file
    lynx -accept_all_cookies -force_html -dump http://www.google.com/search?q=$fileNoExtension+imdb > $TempFile;
    echo "Search complete."

echo "Parse the results for the first IMDb link"
    IMDbNumber=`grep "www.imdb.com/title/tt" -m 1 $TempFile`;
    IMDbNumber=${IMDbNumber%/*};
    IMDbNumber=${IMDbNumber#*www.imdb.com/title/tt};
    #echo $IMDbNumber;
    #echo ${#IMDbNumber};

if [ ${#IMDbNumber} -eq 7 ]; then
        echo "A Valid IMDb number has been found!";
        mkdir $outputDir$fileNoExtension;
        echo "A directory was created for the video.";
        echo "Moving file to the new directory.";
        mv $x $outputDir$fileNoExtension/$fileNoExtension.$searchForFileType;
        echo "Move Completed.";
        if [ -f $outputDir$fileNoExtension/$fileNoExtension.$searchForFileType ]; then
            echo "The file exists! The move was successful! So don't worry, nothing was lost.. yet."
        else
            echo "The file is not where it should be? What happened?";
            if [ -f $x ]; then
                echo "The file is still in it's original location. Write protected?";
                echo "Coping the file to the new location, do what you want with the old.";
                cp $x $outputDir$fileNoExtension/$fileNoExtension.$searchForFileType;
                echo "Copy action complete!";
                echo "Testing if this file copied correctly.";
                    echo "The file is where it should be now!"
                else
                    echo "I don't know what the F is going on. The file is where it started. Something is messed up with permissions or something. Call technical support."
                fi
            else
                echo "The file is lost. My Bad. Feel free to call the complaint department at (555) 555-5555. Your business is very important to us."
            fi
        fi
        #Make Link
            echo "Creating "$outputDir$fileNoExtension"/"$fileNoExtension".nfo and the IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt"$IMDbNumber"/";
            echo "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt"$IMDbNumber"/" > $outputDir$fileNoExtension/$fileNoExtension.nfo;
            echo "Testing if "$outputDir$fileNoExtension"/"$fileNoExtension".nfo was created."
            if [ -f $outputDir$fileNoExtension/$fileNoExtension.nfo ]; then
                echo "It exists. Celebrate good times!";
            else
                echo "I Don't know what happened. The NFO isn't there. Write protection? Here's the link to do it yourself: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt"$IMDbNumber"/";
            fi
        else
            echo "The file is not where it should be. So lets just leave everything alone. Here is the link if you want to manually do it: " "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt"$IMDbNumber"/";
        fi
    else
    echo "Unable to find a link for "$x" so it will be skipped."
    fi
    echo " "; echo " ";

Sleep 1

done
rm $TempFile

Thats it.

I've just found that google is pretty darn good at finding the IMDB link.

- Superorb - 2011-07-29

^^ Nifty. It looks like it would work best when your movie files are not in their own directory since the script will move them into their own folder.

- PyRo1509 - 2011-07-29

Superorb Wrote:^^ Nifty. It looks like it would work best when your movie files are not in their own directory since the script will move them into their own folder.

I liked keeping all my movies in one directory. But XBMC wanted a nfo file because it wouldn't look at the metadata. I wasn't going to have one big directory with both the movie files and NFO's. It'd look pretty bad. So I just gave up and wrote this to clean up the directory.
It would only take a few changes to recursively search deeper. Keep files in their location. Check a NFO if it is there.. Maybe Verify that the link it contains is the same..?
This script was made just for my unique situation.

- Superorb - 2011-07-29

I'd like for it to store everything in the directory: Trailer (I'm sick of buffering every few seconds), movie info, pics, etc. Right now it's a PITA to use a media manager to do everything, it's just super clunky and I always forget to run it. I wish there'd be a way to have a script run once a day on my unRAID server and create the NFO and pull trailers, pics, etc and stick them in its respective folder.

- PyRo1509 - 2011-07-29

Superorb Wrote:I'd like for it to store everything in the directory: Trailer (I'm sick of buffering every few seconds), movie info, pics, etc. Right now it's a PITA to use a media manager to do everything, it's just super clunky and I always forget to run it. I wish there'd be a way to have a script run once a day on my unRAID server and create the NFO and pull trailers, pics, etc and stick them in its respective folder.

I'd love to help you out... but it's a little over my head.
I think what you're asking for TMDb API will retrieve most of the data you want.
A hacky way would be to use the lynx dump to get the IMDB link from google and then again use lynx to get TMDb response. Parse that info. Grab all the NFO junk and dump it in. Get the images too. blah blah blah. Trailers I don't know about.
I just wish XBMC could grab my m4v metadata. It has it all right there Sad [except trailers]

I don't quite get what you mean by media managers... Like a file system organizer?

- Superorb - 2011-07-29

PyRo1509 Wrote:I'd love to help you out... but it's a little over my head.
I think what you're asking for TMDb API will retrieve most of the data you want.
A hacky way would be to use the lynx dump to get the IMDB link from google and then again use lynx to get TMDb response. Parse that info. Grab all the NFO junk and dump it in. Get the images too. blah blah blah. Trailers I don't know about.
I just wish XBMC could grab my m4v metadata. It has it all right there Sad [except trailers]

I don't quite get what you mean by media managers... Like a file system organizer?
I didn't install it after the wipe, but basically it will create NFO files, download all the actor info, plot, actors, pics, posters, etc (minus trailers) and store everything in the movie's directory. XBMC then scrapes the info from the directory instead of online, and it also doesn't copy the pics to the XBMC system, it just uses them from the movie's folder (if on a different machine).

- CASHMON3Y - 2011-07-29

Superorb Wrote:I wish there'd be a way to have a script run once a day on my unRAID server and create the NFO and pull trailers, pics, etc and stick them in its respective folder.
Ba bada ba! Cron!

- Superorb - 2011-07-29

CASHMON3Y Wrote:Ba bada ba! Cron!
The problem isn't cron, it's writing a script to do all that I want it to do Wink

- mobious - 2011-07-30

Recently I decided its time for a dedicated gaming room/xbmc room. Here is the final result.

Xbmc htpc: AsRock Vision 3d running windows 7.
HDTV: Sony Bravia HX929 55"
Sound System: Philips home threater with wireless back speakers
Storage: Drobo FS with around 6.3TB of space.

Most extensive - MarkosJal - 2011-08-04

As this was the question... Most Extensive....

I recently moved out of a place where collectively we had (all on Dharma)....

Airlink 101 ANAS350 NAS with 1.5 TB internal and another 1.5 TB external. Loaded with Movies and TV series

Apple TV (Version 1 ) Running XAMPP as a shared Database server for all XBMC installations

Dedicated XBMC Live (installed to Memory Stick) running on Dual Core Atom Mini ITX case

Apple Mac OSX 10.5 desktop Computer running XBMC

Compaq Cq 1500 Linux Mint Running XBMC (desktop)

Compaq Cq 1500 Windows 7 Starter running XBMC (desktop)

Windows 7/Linux Mint Dual Boot (desktop) with Nvidia

Gateway Netbook running XBMC DUal Boot Windows 7 Starter and Linux Mint 10

Apple Mac OS 10.5 (Notebook) running XBMC

Linux Mint 10 on Toshiba (Notebook)

All were running Dharma and several key add ons for live streaming. We were also able to access the NAS reliable for up to 3 simultaneous streams (as long as not all were DVD data rates)

IS that extensive?

Mark
http://www.teknogekz.com