Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- exiledone1 - 2011-09-16

i have a noob question for most of you posting your setup. I'm seeing cover art for TV Shows, but as far as I know Icefilms doesn't support cover art for tv shows.

So for all the people posting images of TV Shows on their setup are they just episodes you backup from your own TV Show DVDs season and imported??

I would think that would eat up tons of hard drive space to have 15 or 20 different seasons on your hard drive?

I noticed one person said they would never miss a tv show in the bedroom, but what happens when a new episode airs or something? In reality, you can't stay up to date with the new episodes unless you get it from somewhere other then waiting for the season to come out on DVD. I hope I'm making sense.

Just curious how you guys are handling these tv shows. I just thing its so cool.

- jackhulk - 2011-09-16

Lovely Jubble! Nice pictures all! Lovely setups! Now I know who to burgle first! Big Grin

- htpc guy - 2011-09-16

exiledone1 Wrote:i have a noob question for most of you posting your setup. I'm seeing cover art for TV Shows, but as far as I know Icefilms doesn't support cover art for tv shows.

So for all the people posting images of TV Shows on their setup are they just episodes you backup from your own TV Show DVDs season and imported??

I would think that would eat up tons of hard drive space to have 15 or 20 different seasons on your hard drive?

I noticed one person said they would never miss a tv show in the bedroom, but what happens when a new episode airs or something? In reality, you can't stay up to date with the new episodes unless you get it from somewhere other then waiting for the season to come out on DVD. I hope I'm making sense.

Just curious how you guys are handling these tv shows. I just thing its so cool.

Look at the sickbeard thread and you will have your answer.

- krish_2k4 - 2011-09-16

exiledone1 Wrote:i have a noob question for most of you posting your setup. I'm seeing cover art for TV Shows, but as far as I know Icefilms doesn't support cover art for tv shows.

take a look at sickbeard, it downloads recent episodes and updates xbmc for you.

edit: htpc guy beat me to it!

- jackhulk - 2011-09-19

boykster Wrote:Some really nice setups posted so far!

Here's my setup(s). I have 2 Asrock Ion 330's running XBMC / ShowMix 2.5.

My primary viewing room is my theater - 1080p Panasonic PJ with a 92" screen

Lights on

Awesome! I aim to have this one day!

Can I ask what skin is that your using please? I like the fact that it shows quite a large picture of the cover but also the plot.

- SwissReplicaWat - 2011-09-19

That's an awesome looking room.

- ZombieRobot - 2011-09-19

jackhulk Wrote:Awesome! I aim to have this one day!

Can I ask what skin is that your using please? I like the fact that it shows quite a large picture of the cover but also the plot.

The skin is Aeon Showmix

- Brendon - 2011-09-19

Using an old Dell that a friend had lying around. It works up to 720p with no issues so I currently don't see the need to spend the money on upgrading. For sound I am using a 10 year old Sony 5.1 home theater. Nothing special but I have big plans for my next place.

- exiledone1 - 2011-09-19

Hi Everyone,

Once again, I'm sort of noob here, but I',m just amazed at some of these setups. I was wondering something though. I noticed a lot of you seem to have speakers sitting next to your TV. External speakers that you run all your sound through.

Are you able to hook up any stereo system speakers to a Apple TV 2, flatscreen setup? You know, like the speakers from a $300 wal-mart or k-mart stereo system? I have a very small amount of money, but the TV Speakers suck and would like to go with some external speakers.

How exactly does this work? Would I just plug the speakers directly into the tv and then from on all sound would come through the speakers? I really want to hook up some speakers, but just don't know where to start or what to look for. Any help would be great.

Can anyone recommend some decent external speakers for around $100.00 or $150.00?

- Superorb - 2011-09-20

exiledone1 Wrote:Hi Everyone,

Once again, I'm sort of noob here, but I',m just amazed at some of these setups. I was wondering something though. I noticed a lot of you seem to have speakers sitting next to your TV. External speakers that you run all your sound through.

Are you able to hook up any stereo system speakers to a Apple TV 2, flatscreen setup? You know, like the speakers from a $300 wal-mart or k-mart stereo system? I have a very small amount of money, but the TV Speakers suck and would like to go with some external speakers.

How exactly does this work? Would I just plug the speakers directly into the tv and then from on all sound would come through the speakers? I really want to hook up some speakers, but just don't know where to start or what to look for. Any help would be great.

Can anyone recommend some decent external speakers for around $100.00 or $150.00?
You need something to power the speakers, usually a receiver. The receiver will also accept the audio from the ATV2 or from the TV and play it through the speakers. Even the cheapie Walmart systems should do this fine.

- exiledone1 - 2011-09-20

Superorb Wrote:You need something to power the speakers, usually a receiver. The receiver will also accept the audio from the ATV2 or from the TV and play it through the speakers. Even the cheapie Walmart systems should do this fine.

I was thinking about getting this sound bar. Looks pretty good for the price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-High-Definition-Sound-Bar-VSB200-B-Refurbished/16914359?findingMethod=rr

So would something like this hook up to the ATV 2 or to the flat screen or either way?

- Superorb - 2011-09-20

exiledone1 Wrote:I was thinking about getting this sound bar. Looks pretty good for the price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-High-Definition-Sound-Bar-VSB200-B-Refurbished/16914359?findingMethod=rr

So would something like this hook up to the ATV 2 or to the flat screen or either way?
I'm not a big fan of soundbars, but it would work. You just run the optical audio from the ATV2 to the sound bar, or you run an HDMI from the ATV2 to the TV and then an optical audio cable to the soundbar. I'd recommend the latter so you can play sound from the TV as well as the ATV2.

Superorb Wrote:I'm not a big fan of soundbars, but it would work. You just run the optical audio from the ATV2 to the sound bar, or you run an HDMI from the ATV2 to the TV and then an optical audio cable to the soundbar. I'd recommend the latter so you can play sound from the TV as well as the ATV2.

Hey,

What is the issue with soundbars?? Just personal preference?? Thanks for the advice though. I'm sure anything is better then the factory speakers in my plasma tv.

Thanks
Josh

- Superorb - 2011-09-20

exiledone1 Wrote:Hey,

What is the issue with soundbars?? Just personal preference?? Thanks for the advice though. I'm sure anything is better then the factory speakers in my plasma tv.

Thanks
Josh
Personal preference. But, you can't get big sound or accurate surround sound from a bunch of tiny speakers all in a line. You can have smaller speakers as surrounds, but you need dedicated surrounds. Also, there will be almost no bass form a sound bar, the drivers are too small. Will it sound better than the stock speakers? Probably. Will it be a home theater? Absolutely not.

Superorb Wrote:Personal preference. But, you can't get big sound or accurate surround sound from a bunch of tiny speakers all in a line. You can have smaller speakers as surrounds, but you need dedicated surrounds. Also, there will be almost no bass form a sound bar, the drivers are too small. Will it sound better than the stock speakers? Probably. Will it be a home theater? Absolutely not.

Ahh....okay, cool. I get it now. I'll keep that in mind. Hell, might as well wait then and get one that I can do the surround with. Thanks for the info. Really helpful.