Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

RE: Who has the most extensive XBMC home theater setup? Please post your PICTURES here... - platinumplay - 2012-04-06

hi..dude...your thinking is awesome

RE: - r1lee - 2012-04-07

(2012-03-30, 05:09)thevillain9 Wrote: what kind of rack is this? fits perfectly in area and beautiful whole house setup.

APC Netshelter I think AR3810 or AR3812, the one without the panels.

RE: Who has the most extensive XBMC home theater setup? Please post your PICTURES here... - PyRo1509 - 2012-04-12

(2012-03-25, 19:03)tsiroadkill Wrote: Here"s mine. Still have to build the rack but its more or less done now.
http://24.66.139.214/Crap/IMAG0345.jpg

that is a clean screen. I like it. I would LOVE it if you could hide those speakers and sub.

RE: Who has the most extensive XBMC home theater setup? Please post your PICTURES here... - Aaa_cubed - 2012-04-16

Does anyone here live in SF and can help me polish off my system? I have a 70 inch Sharp, Revo R3700 connected to a drobo with 12 TB of storage and have about 9 TB of media. The R3700 shoots the audio and video to my Pioneer Elite SC 27 amp and my speakers are a set of B&W XT surrounds and floor standing. I want to get my XBMC working like some of the great set ups I've seen here.

I live in SF by the ball park and have a full bar at my place and great views of the city. I can bring my set up to you if you can help, I just want this thing nicely set up. Thanks Smile

RE: Who has the most extensive XBMC home theater setup? Please post your PICTURES here... - PyRo1509 - 2012-04-16

(2012-04-16, 03:29)Aaa_cubed Wrote: Does anyone here live in SF and can help me polish off my system? I have a 70 inch Sharp, Revo R3700 connected to a drobo with 12 TB of storage and have about 9 TB of media. The R3700 shoots the audio and video to my Pioneer Elite SC 27 amp and my speakers are a set of B&W XT surrounds and floor standing. I want to get my XBMC working like some of the great set ups I've seen here.

I live in SF by the ball park and have a full bar at my place and great views of the city. I can bring my set up to you if you can help, I just want this thing nicely set up. Thanks Smile
I am in Davis. What type polish are you looking for. It sounds to me like you've got a pretty nice setup already (9TB of media! I'm only at a lowly 6 Sad )

RE: - protocol77 - 2012-04-24

(2012-01-28, 14:05)smiffy1989 Wrote: The server also sends a WOL packet and a library update command to my Acer Revo 3700 each morning at 6AM to keep my library up to date.

can i ask why you set your server to wake up the machine to run an update each morning at 6am i usually just have xbmc set to update when i first turn it you can still navigate and play a video whilst xbmc is scanning for new content i too have a mysql database setup for the same purpose and i am not really sure of the point of this as no matter which htpc i turn on the first one will scan in the new content and update the library and it will automatically show up if i turn on the other machine later on

RE: - blacklist - 2012-04-27

(2012-04-24, 20:26)protocol77 Wrote:
(2012-01-28, 14:05)smiffy1989 Wrote: The server also sends a WOL packet and a library update command to my Acer Revo 3700 each morning at 6AM to keep my library up to date.

can i ask why you set your server to wake up the machine to run an update each morning at 6am i usually just have xbmc set to update when i first turn it you can still navigate and play a video whilst xbmc is scanning for new content i too have a mysql database setup for the same purpose and i am not really sure of the point of this as no matter which htpc i turn on the first one will scan in the new content and update the library and it will automatically show up if i turn on the other machine later on

My guess (although I just have sickbeard force library updates when new content is added) would be that he leaves his machine on all the time, and therefor needs to force an update.

RE: Who has the most extensive XBMC home theater setup? Please post your PICTURES here... - |Tch0rT| - 2012-05-05

New TV since my last post...

Added:
Mitsubishi WD-73640
IKEA Lack TV Unit
32 sq ft of Auralex DST-114

Details for the rest of the gear:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1348931

RE: - smiffy1989 - 2012-05-29

(2012-04-27, 05:28)blacklist Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 20:26)protocol77 Wrote:

My guess (although I just have sickbeard force library updates when new content is added) would be that he leaves his machine on all the time, and therefor needs to force an update.

That is correct. I only ever put the clients on standby so can't do a scan on power on Smile

RE: Post your setup pictures - angel129116 - 2012-06-15

Hey people. UK guy here and below are some pics of my setup. I'm a novice to this so forgive some of the equipment. I'm running latest XBMC in my living room with Aeon MQ3 skin. All the media is pulled through a gigabit switcher box and all games consoles, PC's and TV's are equipped with RJ45 Cat6e Gigabit network cabling.
My media server is a custom built machine comprising of:
AMD Sempron 145 OEM Processor
Asus M5A78L-M LX V2 mATX Motherboard
4GB DDR3 Memory
Corsair 430W V2 CX Series PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate
I opted to run Windows 7 as I had 6TB of data already installed on the drives. I read that Unraid wipes the drives before you can use them and I had no way of backing this data up to anywhere.

Motherboard

7TB of SATA drives

Case for Media Server

Living Room uses a LG 47"LW650T 3D TV

Sony STR-DH820 AV Receiver

Connected to back of TV is multicolour changing LED strip's.

My XBMC Machine is an Acer Revo R3610 upgraded with 4GB memory

Devices connected to AV includes a PS3 (Slim), RGH Xbox 360 (Slim) with 1TB usb drive and SKY+ HD Box

WAY to many remotes! Think I need an all in one

BT modem is connected to TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port Gigabit Switch. The cabling is cat 6e that feeds all my systems. Don't like wireless.

RE: Post your setup pictures - BlinneOrlaith - 2012-06-17

Hello there

Nothing phenomenal here in terms of tech but here ya go :

LG50PS8000
2x Jailbroken ATV2's with XMBC (Of course)
1x WD Live
Sonos music system Connected to below
LG 5.1 System
Ipad 1 & 2 running the Sonos app (Excellent)

Little Dell Zino in custom Ikea case (With fans and controller)
and a 26" LG TV/PC screen

My Book live 2tb NAS feeding the 2 ATV's and WD Live along with itunes libary feeding the Sonos system (No need for a running PC/Mac)

As I say, kinda basic in terms of tech, my LG 5.1 system was like £120 on Amazon yet everything works perfect and sounds good, I like my little setup.

Next is a 3D Projector and 120" screen

RE: Post your setup pictures - fional - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-17, 20:24)BlinneOrlaith Wrote: Hello there

Nothing phenomenal here in terms of tech but here ya go :

LG50PS8000
2x Jailbroken ATV2's with XMBC (Of course)
1x WD Live
Sonos music system Connected to below
LG 5.1 System
Ipad 1 & 2 running the Sonos app (Excellent)

Little Dell Zino in custom Ikea case (With fans and controller)
and a 26" LG TV/PC screen

My Book live 2tb NAS feeding the 2 ATV's and WD Live along with itunes libary feeding the Sonos system (No need for a running PC/Mac)

As I say, kinda basic in terms of tech, my LG 5.1 system was like £120 on Amazon yet everything works perfect and sounds good, I like my little setup.

Next is a 3D Projector and 120" screen

I really like your desk Smile Is that egg comfortable?

RE: Post your setup pictures - i4pple - 2012-06-18

BlinneOrlaith,

I love your setup, its so simple and nice looking.

RE: Post your setup pictures - TheAstronaut - 2012-06-19

BlinneOrlaith,

That wall is ripe for a projection screen, 120" might be a bit overkill though. How far away are the seats?

RE: Post your setup pictures - BlinneOrlaith - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-18, 20:01)fional Wrote: I really like your desk Smile Is that egg comfortable?

Thanks Wink The egg chair is a good job, I bought it on ebay for 280 quid delivered, not a bad price. My kids don't allow me into it, im just the stupid fella at home ruled by the women.

Desk is a laptop table/desk from Ikea, they also do it in a shiny red and a shiny grey that are smart looking also.

TheAstronaut,

I think you may be correct, maybe 100" or less is a bit more realistic for viewing distance. Must measure tonight how far away the sofa is. I am gonna buy the Optima 3D short through projector for gaming and stuff, and using the playstation move.