Kodi Community Forum
Post your setup pictures - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Post your setup pictures (/showthread.php?tid=68514)

- bleze - 2010-02-02

kevcampbell, please remove that damn sticker from the front of the TV Wink

- joebrady - 2010-02-02

And open that Christmas present already!

- TeknoJnky - 2010-02-02

I could never put my tv above my fireplace, I'd worry that it would eventually get heat or smoke damaged, not to mention cause neck problems.

My Setup - denismn - 2010-02-03

Movies # 435 and growing
Shows # Star Trek Voyager all the Seasons
Custom Built HTPC
Custom Built in Wall home theater Box
All wires in the wall.

- Superorb - 2010-02-03

I'd like to mount the TV on the wall and have a separate spot for the HTPC/Audio boxes. Anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive audio rack?

- Juanflaco - 2010-02-05

Superorb Wrote:I'd like to mount the TV on the wall and have a separate spot for the HTPC/Audio boxes. Anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive audio rack?
If you have access to an adjoining room and don't mind getting your hands dirty you can bust a hole in the wall and create a pretty slick set up (at least from the front, the back is another story in my case!)

This cost maybe $60 in trim, shelving and lumber + $30 worth of aluminum and spray paint.

Here's a shot of the window framed out with conduit running up into the wall and across the ceiling to drop down for the front speakers.

Then you mount shelf rails and brackets on the back side like so (before I installed the receiver, closed off the storage shelves, and cleaned up wires Smile)

Finally, cut aluminum pieces to fit and spray with a durable paint before installing on the front. At some point I'll enclose the back side in some sort of ventilated closet but for now it works because this is just a basement utility room.

I followed the build instructions here, from a guy who did a way better job than I did. It can definitely be done pretty cheap with a few tools and maybe some help if you're not too handy.

It's a lot cheaper than a pre-made rack and you can always add or swap components by ajusting the shelving and creating new faceplates as needed.

I've also seen some inexpensive and very flexible setups created with steel rods and shelving, which is basically just a standard entertainment center but you can build it exactly as you like.
More info here.

Whatever approach you end up with, a big part of it is going to be getting wires to that wall mounted TV you're planning, which is a whole 'nother thing.

- Superorb - 2010-02-06

^^ Thanks for the effort, but I'm in an apartment so I can't knock out a huge chunk of wall. Believe me, I'd love too Big Grin I already had to cut a hole in the adjoining wall to run network cable for the HTPC.

The 42LH30 TV I just got is going back to be exchanged. I'd love to return it but Fry's won't let me return a TV over 22" so I have to exchange it. Terrible black levels and a screwy OTA tuner.

- atomicwedgie - 2010-02-08

I'm new here... My setup is in transition so I can't take pics of it yet or my wife would kill me. Smile

In all I have roughly 800 movies and 2000+ TV Shows (80% from DVD) I have every episode ever released of Twilight Zone, Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, Mash, Frasier, South Park, Family Guy, Cheers, Brady Bunch (wife!) and more. It's like a sickness...

Previous setup...
Server:
Mac Mini dual core, 4gb ram, 320gb internal, DVI-HDMI + optical audio
2tb in firewire
4tb in USB box
EYE-TV, Turbo 264
Pioneer 50" Plasma
Onkyo 7.1
Plex

Bedroom:
Mac Mini single core
Samsung 32" LCD
Plex

New setup (in progress)

Quad Core AMD, 8gbs ram
Windows Vista 64bit
4tb internal via SATA
4tb external via eSATA
ATI HD 5870 HDMI
Win-TV 2250 (dual tuners/mpeg encoders)
55" Samsung LCD
Onkyo 7.1
XBMC

Bedroom:
Acer Revo
XBMC
Samsung 32" LCD

I backup using a SATA dock and keep duplicate hard drives in a fire proof safe. Works nice... pop the drive in, back up, put it in the safe.

I am moving to a PC based setup because I got tired of the lack of flexibility with the Mini. I have several Macs and PCs in the house but never setup a PC as a media server and I am already finding that there are downfalls with the PC in the TV watch/record area.

When I have the setup presentable I'll shoot some pics.

- johndoe2000 - 2010-04-02

Nahaz Wrote:Hello

Im new to the forum, and what better way to introduce myself than to present my setup in which XBMC handles almost all (not 1080 due to running windows OS on the HTPC) video and music playback. It is a true 9.2 setup including 2 passive bass modules.

Before front high speakers came up:

Daylight mode, projector screen is up.

WoW! Ino audio speakers! The best you can get Smile good choice!

My fulfilling home cinema setup - beklever - 2010-04-05

My setup:

Pioneer (still the best plasma brand, too bad they stopped producing it) plasma unit, 43"
Denon avr-4306 amp
Asrock 330HT with bluray and XBMC live
Front speakers: Infinity Kappa series (beautiful sound, also with music)
Surround/center: Infinity Kappa video series
Sub: Klipsch ksw-12
Other: xbox 360, logitech squeezebox duet, logitech harmony remote, hdtv receiver, windows home server (storage for movies etc.)

It may not be the most impressive set, but I love it because of the quality it produces. The components were carefully picked (I have had the set for a while, nowadays some components might be replaced when the wife agrees Wink)

The setup (everything nice and tidy tucked away):

The wall behind the couch (two infinity video series on the wall):

The sub (the table was made a bit higher with wheels, it didn't fit otherwise):

Let me know what you think.... Cheers....

- Hitcher - 2010-04-05

And Alaska, nice. Wink

- OcnewB - 2010-04-06

My setup and comments welcome

Front:

Sony kdl-40W4500
Marantz SR 7002 receiver
Mission M35 front, Mission Center, Mordaunt short subwoofer

Back:

Mordaunt Short Rears

Frontside opened..

asrock ion 330 ht + xbmc live and some tweaks. 2 tb external harddisk (1 NAS, 1 USB), 2 360 for lan play (Beamer + tv), unused wii and unused ps3. All HDMI connected to the receiver if possible, if not component.
I control the asrock with the wii keyboard. Works brilliantly btw :-)

Topside
The Beamer ACER ph 530 720p beamer.. I dont know if i have a pic of it working though.

Any thoughts are welcome.

- Hitcher - 2010-04-06

What if you want the book at the bottom?

- OcnewB - 2010-04-07

Hitcher Wrote:What if you want the book at the bottom?

Hehe,
Well than there is no problem. Thats because the books are not on each other. I make these but i don't wanna put the emphasis on it. Have a look here:

- aptalca - 2010-04-07

lol

that thing's awesome

I want one