Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- steelman1991 - 2010-02-04

riccardoroma Wrote:I have ION 330HT and with SVN r27422 alla works flawlessly. I have one problem to make the I button on the remote work to show file info. But DXVA in 1080p MKV work so good like mpchc

If you have a keyboard try pressing 'O'.

- joppe73 - 2010-02-04

Yes! My Revo 3610 is working great! Thanks alot!

- elupus - 2010-02-04

Sam.Nazarko:
You can't expect any fix for anything. It will be fixed when somebody finds the bug and somebody fixes it.

Balthazar2k4:
Odd, nothing has changed regarding DXVA. Sure you didn't change some setting?

- ashlar - 2010-02-04

Wow... it's so sad to see an humble ION work perfectly and an ATI 4890 do a shitty job with this.

elupus, do you think it would be useful if I sent you a PM with a list of debug logs of all the different files that fail to work properly (it's the overwhelming majority for me, using ATI HDMI audio out and autoswitch for the refresh rate)?

- elupus - 2010-02-04

ashlar:
Not at this moment. I want to get the greenscreen issue without 8x8DCT fixed first. It should solve quite many green screen issues.

Also I have an idea what is wrong with ATI. http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2010-January/070925.html

So at this moment i'm not that interested in bug reports. Pretty much only ones where it work for the movie, but some action/setting in xbmc breaks it.

- Balthazar2k4 - 2010-02-04

elupus Wrote:Balthazar2k4:
Odd, nothing has changed regarding DXVA. Sure you didn't change some setting?

Well I am not aware of anything being changed. It is strange that 27394 plays flawlessly (well almost Wink), but 27447 is corrupted nearly all the time with the same video files.... Have you made any changes? I have not been paying attention to the TRAC.

BTW, I have talked with Dark Shikari (one of the x264 developers) and he suggests I use a CQM (Custom Quantization Matrix) in order to bypass the 8x8DCT need for High Profile. I'll work on that tomorrow (as I have had a bit too much wine tonight to proceed Rofl)

- ashlar - 2010-02-04

elupus Wrote:ashlar:
Not at this moment. I want to get the greenscreen issue without 8x8DCT fixed first. It should solve quite many green screen issues.

Also I have an idea what is wrong with ATI. http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2010-January/070925.html

So at this moment i'm not that interested in bug reports. Pretty much only ones where it work for the movie, but some action/setting in xbmc breaks it.
Ok. I did well in asking then. Smile

I'll follow developments and will chime in later on, when the 8x8DCT issue is resolved.
Cheers and happy development! Big Grin

- Balthazar2k4 - 2010-02-04

Balthazar2k4 Wrote:Well I am not aware of anything being changed. It is strange that 27394 plays flawlessly (well almost Wink), but 27447 is corrupted nearly all the time with the same video files.... Have you made any changes? I have not been paying attention to the TRAC.

BTW, I have talked with Dark Shikari (one of the x264 developers) and he suggests I use a CQM (Custom Quantization Matrix) in order to bypass the 8x8DCT need for High Profile. I'll work on that tomorrow (as I have had a bit too much wine tonight to proceed Rofl)

Elupus, I have created a HP video that does not have 8x8DCT and the video DID play perfectly. 8x8DCT must not be the issue after all. Sad

- andrews - 2010-02-04

With this latest trunk build and DXVA2...

I have an Acer Revo (ION).
I want to make sure the dynamic color range is 16-235 and not 0-235 for movies. Do I need to force set this in the Nvidia driver or does XBMC already take this into account through DXVA?

- uncertainty - 2010-02-04

I installed the 27394 svn and I'm not seeing any options in my system/video settings to enable dxva2 support. Im running xbmc on a win7 machine with a nvidia 8500gt card. I checked the log file and I am getting this error message

" ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load special://xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/bcmDIL.dll (126)"

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

- steelman1991 - 2010-02-05

uncertainty Wrote:I installed the 27394 svn and I'm not seeing any options in my system/video settings to enable dxva2 support. Im running xbmc on a win7 machine with a nvidia 8500gt card. I checked the log file and I am getting this error message

" ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load special://xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/bcmDIL.dll (126)"

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Try - Video-Playback-Render Method.

- uncertainty - 2010-02-05

steelman1991 Wrote:Try - Video-Playback-Render Method.

Thanks, I was looking in the wrong spot under system...heh

- Therms - 2010-02-05

Elupus:

I've found 5 movies out of the hundreds that I have that display the green screen problem. Would you be interested in the MediaInfo output on them, or do you think you've got a good enough handle on what the problem is?

FYI, everything else I have works fantastic on my Acer Revo 3610.

Also, I swear I read something in this thread about this, but now I can't find it...does (or will it) the Automatic setting in the Render Method automatically select the best renderer? For example, I've now got it set to DXVA, but I've also got a CrystalHD...assuming there's something CrystalHD does better than DXVA or vice versa, is the plan for it to select the correct one?

- onebyside - 2010-02-05

having no luck in getting fullscreen with dxva and 27394, sd is in fullscreen tho...am I missing a toggle? I went thru calibration, it's fine.

The screen is 1/4 screen top left

NV 9800gtx

FIXED with newer vid drivers

- elupus - 2010-02-05

Balthazar2k4:
Ok, so it would seem it's the setting of profile that is causing problems. Did that non 8x8 use a custom 4x4 matrix instead?