Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- Buckster - 2010-02-07

I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows 7 anyway -back to 32 bit from 64 bit (fed up with installing 2x ffdshows etc etc (64/32 bit)

so will retry in W7 32 bit fresh install see if it works any better

btw don't treat any of my comments as criticism - still think XBMC is the best front-end out there

and with DXVA also implemented it will be the cherry on the cake

just a pity with the Linux VDPAU implementation works so well Sad !

- steelman1991 - 2010-02-08

nekrosoft13 Wrote:27527 build and still no

with advancedsettings.xml file still black screen and audio loops.

without advansedsettings.xml file, i get green screen when playing h264 files, and then if use CPU rendering, video playback is stuttering, it looks like it keeps droping half the frames.

so far DXVA acceleration a big let down

Just curious, but is there a reason why you have set-up an advancesettings file with those options?

Are you running ATI?

- chunk1982 - 2010-02-08

nekrosoft13 Wrote:27527 build and still no

with advancedsettings.xml file still black screen and audio loops.

without advansedsettings.xml file, i get green screen when playing h264 files, and then if use CPU rendering, video playback is stuttering, it looks like it keeps droping half the frames.

so far DXVA acceleration a big let down

if its such a big let down then by all means you code and build it then release it to the public!
personally i prefer the dsplayer but i still have the UPMOST RESPECT for all dev's involved with xbmc and comments like that come across as demeaning and ungrateful
i know from seb and tiben that there is like 5800 lines of code in the dsplayer do you have the skills to do this?? chances are not!

show some respect and appreciation

paul

- Nolik - 2010-02-08

use latest built 25527
ati 5770, driver v9.12 fix

black screen... ati cards not supported now?

Nolik Wrote:use latest built 25527
ati 5770, driver v9.12 fix

black screen... ati cards not supported now?
With the exception of a few files which have high reference frames 5 and above the majority of my files now work correctly with DXVA - running an ATI HD4670. I did have some issues with a black screen, but after I changed some 3D settings (SMOOTHVISION HD Anti-Aliasing and SMOOTHVISION HD Anistropic Filtering to 'use application settings') I know have rid myself of the 'black screen' issue.

This is using build r27527

- HowlinPsycho - 2010-02-08

Some ATI user posted a pastebin of dxdiag, and it said:

VideoProcess_StretchY
D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
DXVA-HD: Not Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

Does that mean that ATI user are screwed for now? On my Ion it said enabled on all checks, and everything works as it should(as far as I have tested)

See my post immediately prior to yours - I have considerable success with DXVA running an ATI card - so no ATI users are not screwed.

- Nolik - 2010-02-08

steelman1991 Wrote:With the exception of a few files which have high reference frames 5 and above the majority of my files now work correctly with DXVA - running an ATI HD4670. I did have some issues with a black screen, but after I changed some 3D settings (SMOOTHVISION HD Anti-Aliasing and SMOOTHVISION HD Anistropic Filtering to 'use application settings') I know have rid myself of the 'black screen' issue.

This is using build r27527

not working...

may be because use windows 7 x64?..

- Mallet21 - 2010-02-08

Freakish Wrote:I have issues with the screen being only 1/4 size with .mkv's....(Only a small section on the top left on my screen is playing the video)

Only happens on AVC material, other than that it's looking really good. Win7 x64, Nvidia 8800GTS 512Mb.

Has anyone else seen that issue?

I'm getting a half-screen view while trying to watch MKV's.

Win7 x86 and a GT 220

Nolik Wrote:not working...

may be because use windows 7 x64?..

Maybe - forgot to mention I was using Vista x86.

- HowlinPsycho - 2010-02-08

steelman1991 Wrote:See my post immediately prior to yours - I have considerable success with DXVA running an ATI card - so no ATI users are not screwed.

I see. What does you dxdiag output say then? Does it say enabled on DXVA-HD?

- onomatopellan - 2010-02-08

I think DXVA-HD has nothing to do with xbmc DXVA2 not working on some ATI cards. It's a new DXVA mode only for Windows 7 and is enabled with directX 10.1 graphics card and WDDM1.1.

onomatopellan Wrote:I think DXVA-HD has nothing to do with xbmc DXVA2 not working on some ATI cards. It's a new DXVA mode only for Windows 7 and is enabled with directX 10.1 graphics card and WDDM1.1.

Don't want to get into a technical debate - not experienced enough for that - but I think DXVA2 is supported in both Vista and Win 7 - not only for Win 7. It certainly isn't supported in xp - hence the reason why other users have been redirected to the DSPlayer thread.

- nekrosoft13 - 2010-02-08

chunk1982 Wrote:if its such a big let down then by all means you code and build it then release it to the public!
personally i prefer the dsplayer but i still have the UPMOST RESPECT for all dev's involved with xbmc and comments like that come across as demeaning and ungrateful

show some respect and appreciation

paul

I do have respect for all XBMC developers, stop overreacting.

steelman1991 Wrote:Just curious, but is there a reason why you have set-up an advancesettings file with those options?

Are you running ATI?

Yes, Radeon 3200, if i remove that file, almost all 720, 1080 content is unwatchable. files stutter, ghosting, and looks like frames are being dropped

HowlinPsycho Wrote:I see. What does you dxdiag output say then? Does it say enabled on DXVA-HD?

Here is the log don't know what you are looking for, but here it is anyway

http://pastebin.com/f88f1d3a