Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- lestat1977uk - 2010-02-08

I can't see that option, it may be a skin thing, i'm using confluence not Aeon?

- paul - 2010-02-08

lestat1977uk Wrote:I can't see that option, it may be a skin thing, i'm using confluence not Aeon?
It makes no difference what skin your using if you have onr of the latest svn builds it will be there.Nod

- Cometer - 2010-02-08

Well I think above all being able to choose is a huge bonus towards XBMC. There are those that just want a good "out of box" experience, something that simply works with little to no configuration from the user side, but there are also those that want the ability to use the best and latest codecs available. There are definably pros and cons in both implementations but the benefit for XBMC windows users is that they can go both ways as they wish.

I think there is a big user base in both sides that justifies this. I think its also worth mentioning the great list of future XBMC features.
I'm surely not alone when it comes to the frustration of finding an all in one media center solution that is both powerful, feature rich and easy to use. The positive thing from what I can tell on the list of future XBMC features is that soon will be able to use a single software for pretty much the full array of media center uses. Movie/tv show watching, live tv, music and online applications like youtube and so on.

Bright future ahead indeed.

I do and its not, confusing stuff!

I'm using 27505?

- steelman1991 - 2010-02-08

lestat1977uk Wrote:I do and its not, confusing stuff!

I'm using 27505?

It is there, it is not a 'skin' setting, but a general xbmc setting, available in all builds - from your home screen, go to settings and then follow the process I quoted from there. If you don't have the 'settings' option available it is because you have disabled it from your skin options.

- Freakish - 2010-02-08

elupus Wrote:Those of you that get that small sized playback. What happens if you change zoom or aspect ratio during playback?

No change unfortunately, i did try all aspect and zoom options as well as anything else i could think off to fix it.

settings \video\ playback but there is no render method setting there, i may be doing something wrong but can't think what, have tried in 3 skins PM3HD, Aeon (Hitched), Confluence

?

- steelman1991 - 2010-02-08

lestat1977uk Wrote:settings \video\ playback but there is no render method setting there, i may be doing something wrong but can't think what, have tried in 3 skins PM3HD, Aeon (Hitched), Confluence

?

Firstly as already stated, the skin used has no influence on the availability of the option to change the render method, only the xbmc build itself.

I see from a previous post that you are using build r27505 - that build is not included in the official nightly build repository, therefore I have to assume that either you have built it yourself or downloaded from an unofficial source. I would suggest visiting this link ( http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/) and downloading the 'official' current svn, extract and then check for the Render option.

- Bkam - 2010-02-08

When i use the dxva and a tv serie is finish, it hangs on the last frame of the tv serie and i need to ALT F4 and restart XBMC.
I have tried the 2 last build and get same result.
Any one else with the same problem? I am using a ATI 4550 card.

- mindweaver - 2010-02-08

Bkam Wrote:When i use the dxva and a tv serie is finish, it hangs on the last frame of the tv serie and i need to ALT F4 and restart XBMC.
I have tried the 2 last build and get same result.
Any one else with the same problem? I am using a ATI 4550 card.

You should probably include a complete Debug Log with that post.

thx Steelman

I used to use the updater but that no longer works so i got the build from another link elsewhere in the forum.

I had not realised that it wasn't the same, will use the link you provided.

Let you know the results

Lestat

- EvilAlchemist - 2010-02-08

r27563 seems to have helped the AC3 audio issue a good bit.

Instead of have my TV at 85%, i can now hear the audio well at 50%.
There is still a noticeable difference between that volume level and other files but not deafening like before.So some good progress has been made in this area & i look forward to future updates on this issue.

- gorgone - 2010-02-08

- Miopets - 2010-02-08

The new build svn is uploaded daily from the official repository; could someone tell me how to upgrade the new svn properly; Do I have to uninstall the old one first or just overwrite the old build? Thanks.

- thrasherx - 2010-02-08

It seems as though the full green screens are happening on systems with combinations of ATI cards and x64 versions of windows. Mine's doing it with an ATI HD2600 and Windows 7 x64. Is anyone else noticing this?