Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-12

nekrosoft13 Wrote:ATI hardware is completly useless

still green screen while playing certain files

XBMC still completly freezes at black screen while video ends (ok if you press stop)

i'm sick of this ATI BS, going to buy nvidia GT220 tomorrow.

Did you buy the Nvidia card? - Just curious to see whether it proved worthwhile or not - was considering a purchase myself.

- gman2050uk - 2010-04-12

right ppl im totally lost have no idea what im doing lol have read so many posts and im more confused then ever I have a revo 3610 with ion graphics and 4gb of ram 512md to the gpu have downloaded the latest xbmc for windows with this dxva2 thig but my 1080p videos are still very very stuttery but when I dual boot and boot just xbmc live it plays flawless but would be nice to have it running in windows so where am I going wrong?

gman2050uk Wrote:right ppl im totally lost have no idea what im doing lol have read so many posts and im more confused then ever I have a revo 3610 with ion graphics and 4gb of ram 512md to the gpu have downloaded the latest xbmc for windows with this dxva2 thig but my 1080p videos are still very very stuttery but when I dual boot and boot just xbmc live it plays flawless but would be nice to have it running in windows so where am I going wrong?

What build are running and have you actually activated DXVA as playback -

System\Video\Playback - then dependant on the build, it could be under Render Method or an activation checkbox on its own.

- gulp - 2010-04-12

gulp Wrote:is possible to insert a rule in playercorefactory.xml to use
DVDPlayer(DXVA) with videoresolution="1080"
and
DVDPlayer(without DXVA) for all other videos?

i want to do something like:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
   <player name="DVDPlayer(DXVA)" audio="false" video="true" />
   <player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
  </players>

<rules name="DVDPlayer Rules" action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" videoresolution="1080" player="DVDPlayer(DXVA)"/>
        <rule videocodec="vc1" player="DVDPlayer(DXVA)"/>
  </rules>

</playercorefactory>

so everything 1080p or vc1 plays with DXVA
everything else plays without DXVA (i'm tying to do so because a lot of mkv at 720p give me green screen).

Thanx.

i see some changes in UI about DXVA in svn changelogs,
is now possible to switch via playercorefactory.xml (or advancedsettings.xml) between dvdplayer and dvdplayerDXVA ?

- elupus - 2010-04-12

it is not

- gman2050uk - 2010-04-12

steelman1991 Wrote:What build are running and have you actually activated DXVA as playback -

System\Video\Playback - then dependant on the build, it could be under Render Method or an activation checkbox on its own.

was just coming back to say that lol was set to standard now works perfectly thx Smile

- SlaveUnit - 2010-04-12

steelman1991 Wrote:Did you buy the Nvidia card? - Just curious to see whether it proved worthwhile or not - was considering a purchase myself.

I ditched ATI a while ago. They just arent worth the headache. I would recommend getting Nvidia 220 or 240 (or up). The 210 is nice but seems to have some issues for higherbitrate interlaced material. The 9xxx and 8xxx wont offload a lot of your VC1 to the gpu. But they will do h264 fine. Im not sure what you are currently playing but 220/240 are the way to go IMO.

I just spent a lot of time on this yesterday while playing with a 9600, 9400, 8500 and a 210. Maybe you saw the results in the oher DVXA problem post?

SlaveUnit Wrote:I ditched ATI a while ago. They just arent worth the headache. I would recommend getting Nvidia 220 or 240 (or up). The 210 is nice but seems to have some issues for higherbitrate interlaced material. The 9xxx and 8xxx wont offload a lot of your VC1 to the gpu. But they will do h264 fine. Im not sure what you are currently playing but 220/240 are the way to go IMO.

I just spent a lot of time on this yesterday while playing with a 9600, 9400, 8500 and a 210. Maybe you saw the results in the oher DVXA problem post?

No mate I didn't but I will trawl through now and have a look. I pulled the pin in a 240 earlier this morning, after checking that it will do LPCM/ReClock/WASAPI audio.

I'm currently running an ATI HD4670.

- eviltuna - 2010-04-12

steelman1991 Wrote:Did you buy the Nvidia card? - Just curious to see whether it proved worthwhile or not - was considering a purchase myself.

So this is an ATI problem only? Cause I've got a motherboard with a HD3200 built in and build 29203 runs great, except for the stupid problem where u get the blackscreen after every MKV.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-04-12

ATIs have issues with video encoded at high profiles. 5.1 I believe. Nvidia does not have this limitation. The limitation is in the driver but ATI seems to ignore the issue over hte pas couple of years.

- dpassent - 2010-04-12

eviltuna Wrote:So this is an ATI problem only? Cause I've got a motherboard with a HD3200 built in and build 29203 runs great, except for the stupid problem where u get the blackscreen after every MKV.

I have also HD3200 but will switch to nvidia. ATI has crappiest set of drivers I know. How can you leave a bug for several revisions of drivers, bug that whole world know and complain (loosing DXVA after resume from S3 sleep). They fixed it like 2 revisions ago and it existed since Catalyst 8.3 or something. I have nvidia in my desktop PC (not HTPC dedicated) and every experience with xbmc is smooth as butter. I am just tired of ATI. Thanks for pointing 210/220 set of nvidia. Will give it a shot.

DP

- SlaveUnit - 2010-04-12

For anyone living in the states the PM newegg.com shell shocker tomorrow will be the Gigabyte 240 512M. It doesnt say what the price will be but Gigabytes have pretty quiet fans for the most part and I have never had problems with Gigabyte anything in general. This is the card that will be on sale at 1PM PST (GMT -8)

- dpassent - 2010-04-12

honestly I wouldn't go for anything else than passive cooling for HTCP. but that's me - i can't stand the hum... thanks for the tip tho

DP

- SlaveUnit - 2010-04-12

dpassent Wrote:honestly I wouldn't go for anything else than passive cooling for HTCP. but that's me - i can't stand the hum... thanks for the tip tho

DP

Yeah I just posted because a lot of people have rack mounts or their boxes where you cant hear them at all. I have a 210 Gigabyte in the bedroom and its fan is near silent since its driver controlled. I was very suprised since that is a such a small fan and those usually make more noise.

There are 2 models of passively cooled 240s. I cant find any 220 passives for sale yet.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500138&cm_re=geforce_240-_-14-500-138-_-Product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121369&cm_re=geforce_240-_-14-121-369-_-Product

- dpassent - 2010-04-12

i was planning ZOTAC exactly Wink

DP