Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- SlaveUnit - 2010-05-16

9.11 doesnt have DXVA.

- Schnuffer - 2010-05-16

Where can I download the latest build for windows? 30199 or newer

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-16

introvert Wrote:I'm having HD playback issues in XBMC on a Revo 1600 in Windows 7. Thinking of grabbing the source and compiling in order to see if this fixes the issue.

The 9.11 win32 build available on the download page from the main site... what rev is that? If the DXVA stuff is already integrated into the release build, then there's no sense in going through the effort of getting source and compiling it.

and Schnuffer - grab them from here.

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

- Schnuffer - 2010-05-17

Thanks, works fine!

Only my avi's and mkv's (mpeg2 and mpeg4) will not play. Do I as an extra codec? Audio is there but no Video

- SlaveUnit - 2010-05-17

Outside codecs dont matter. Give some specs on the file(s) or a sample. I have no issues playing anything with svn30234.

I know steelman1991 mentioned it a week or so back but I do see the initial green or pixelation at the start of a lot of x.264 .m2ts files now. This is with an Geforce 9600 GSO with DXVA enabled. Without DXVA there is no green/pixelation. It lasts about 1 second or so.

elupus, do you happen to see this with the Ion chipset. I havent tried with that one yet. steelman1991 has a Geforce 240 so it might be consistant with all the Nvidia chipsets. A good test file is that Transformers sample that was provided a few weeks ago. Let me know if that sample is needed again.

- Schnuffer - 2010-05-17

I tested to see which files and my mpeg2 and mpeg4 XBMC plays of files only from the sound. If I put a DVD in the drive that is played only with sound. I have no picture.
The OSD is displayed.

In my Blu-ray and MKV files available in the works VC1 and h264 format just fine.

System:
Windows Vista Home Premium x86
Zotac ITX ION

I set up the system and just install XBMC

PS: sry for my bad english. Google transcoder Big Grin

- RDHoworth - 2010-05-17

Hi,

I realise that it is always risky testing with the latest builds, especially in the current state of development, but I thoiught I would share my most recent experiences. I am running Win 7 64 bit on and AMD based platform (Phenom II) with an ATI 4850 graphics card (10.4 drivers).

Without DXVA2, all my HD films playback perfectly.

With DXVA2 and running full screen, I only get audio with a black screen (but XBMC does not crash)

With DXVA2 and running fake full screen, I get audio and video with no artifacts, but only get around 10fps, which fluctuates. XBMC seems to be picking up the correct frame rate and setting the display correctly, e.g. to 24Hz, but the fps remains very low.

I have tried disabling the Sync to display and autoadjust refresh rate, but I get the same results.

Sincle my machine is reasonably specced, this is not so much of a problem, it would just be nice to use all the facilities.

Thanks for all the excellent work,

Richard

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-17

RDHoworth Wrote:Hi,

I realise that it is always risky testing with the latest builds, especially in the current state of development, but I thoiught I would share my most recent experiences. I am running Win 7 64 bit on and AMD based platform (Phenom II) with an ATI 4850 graphics card (10.4 drivers).

Without DXVA2, all my HD films playback perfectly.

With DXVA2 and running full screen, I only get audio with a black screen (but XBMC does not crash)

With DXVA2 and running fake full screen, I get audio and video with no artifacts, but only get around 10fps, which fluctuates. XBMC seems to be picking up the correct frame rate and setting the display correctly, e.g. to 24Hz, but the fps remains very low.

I have tried disabling the Sync to display and autoadjust refresh rate, but I get the same results.

Sincle my machine is reasonably specced, this is not so much of a problem, it would just be nice to use all the facilities.

Thanks for all the excellent work,

Richard

These are the same issues i am having with my HD5450. What version of XBMC are you using?

I did hear that it had been fixed in later versions, but i have yet to see any confirmation of this.

I am reluctant to upgrade unless i know this is working.

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-17

Please identify the build you are using, which prompts these observations. It may help if all users who intend to bring their experiences to the forum identified the build they are using.

No point in saying x, y and z don't work, when the build might not be the most current and the issues might have been resolved.

Lister of Smeg Wrote:These are the same issues i am having with my HD5450. What version of XBMC are you using?

I did hear that it had been fixed in later versions, but i have yet to see any confirmation of this.

I am reluctant to upgrade unless i know this is working.

Although on 4xxx series cards, the confirmation appears on the previous page, though not of adjust refresh rate, playback without artifacts has been confirmed by at least 3 ATI users.

Why the reluctance to upgrade? You can always revert back to a working version.

- RDHoworth - 2010-05-17

steelman1991 Wrote:Please identify the build you are using, which prompts these observations. It may help if all users who intend to bring their experiences to the forum identified the build they are using.

No point in saying x, y and z don't work, when the build might not be the most current and the issues might have been resolved.

Sorry I missed the build number, it is 30199.

Richard

- elupus - 2010-05-17

Nothing has changed since r30179

steelman1991 Wrote:Although on 4xxx series cards, the confirmation appears on the previous page, though not of adjust refresh rate, playback without artifacts has been confirmed by at least 3 ATI users.

Why the reluctance to upgrade? You can always revert back to a working version.

Most of the latest SVN builds have broken portions of the software.

Thats why i am reluctant....

Could you recommend a newer build (one from the last few months) to me where "most" of the features function correctly?

Thanks

Lister of Smeg Wrote:Most of the latest SVN builds have broken portions of the software.

Thats why i am reluctant....

Could you recommend a newer build (one from the last few months) to me where "most" of the features function correctly?

Thanks

That depends on which functions you require to be working (I should have got a cabinet post in the Lib/Con Gov Laugh)

Me I'm currently running the most recent svn from here http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ r30234, which is running without a hitch (with the exception of adjust refresh rate), but as I say it depends what you want - I don't have an ATI card so I can't promise fluid playback, correctly functioning dxva, you'll either have to try for yourself, rely on others or wait for a stable version - your call. I should also explain that I don't use/need add-on support (other than default skins), scripts or visualisation.

If you decide to upgrade make sure you back up your library as the db versions aren't backward compatible beyond r28720

steelman1991 Wrote:That depends on which functions you require to be working (I should have got a cabinet post in the Lib/Con Gov Laugh)

Me I'm currently running the most recent svn from here http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ r30234, which is running without a hitch (with the exception of adjust refresh rate), but as I say it depends what you want - I don't have an ATI card so I can't promise fluid playback, correctly functioning dxva, you'll either have to try for yourself, rely on others or wait for a stable version - your call. I should also explain that I don't use/need add-on support (other than default skins), scripts or visualisation.

If you decide to upgrade make sure you back up your library as the db versions aren't backward compatible beyond r28720

Thanks Steelman for that. If your happy with r30234 then i'll give it a try. Just a longshot, but do you know if the Aeon65 skin works with this new svn?

I Love the Aeon skin variants and i'm not keen on the new Confluence one :o