Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-17

Lister of Smeg Wrote:Thanks Steelman for that. If your happy with r30234 then i'll give it a try. Just a longshot, but do you know if the Aeon65 skin works with this new svn?

I Love the Aeon skin variants and i'm not keen on the new Confluence one :o

No idea, but I'm sure that someone will chip in with an answer. In that link they have a skins section, which includes pre and post r28000 working builds - click on the skin link along the top of the page - Aeon is included, but not that variant/mod you refer to. Best place to ask might be the Aeon Skin sub-forum.

- WhiningKhan - 2010-05-17

Just tried rev 30234 with the three BD movies I have, and on two computers, one with HD3200 on motherboard, one with a HD3650: Previously, the HD3200 was having the multislice issues on all films, the 3650 showed only green screen. Now, HD3200 plays everything without a hitch!!!! HD3650 has artifacts on one film (Watchmen, to be precise) that look like they are related to the multislice problem - miscoloured blocks that form horizontal bands. Others play fine.

Totally amazing progress!!! You are awesome, Elupus, as are any others that have contributed!

- tedkunich - 2010-05-17

steelman1991 Wrote:Me I'm currently running the most recent svn from here http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ r30234, which is running without a hitch (with the exception of adjust refresh rate)....

Steelman,

Have you had any problems with movie sets in this version? I cannot for the life of me, get the movie sets to operated correctly in library mode - the set is there, but opening it results in an empty set - the movies do not appear anywhere in library mode. Using File mode, the movies are there. I use .NFO files for my library and they have not changed. Could it be a bug in the scraper?

Not at my system at the moment, so cannot post a debug log until much later tonight.

T

- SlaveUnit - 2010-05-18

tedkunich Wrote:Steelman,

Have you had any problems with movie sets in this version? I cannot for the life of me, get the movie sets to operated correctly in library mode - the set is there, but opening it results in an empty set - the movies do not appear anywhere in library mode. Using File mode, the movies are there. I use .NFO files for my library and they have not changed. Could it be a bug in the scraper?

Not at my system at the moment, so cannot post a debug log until much later tonight.

T

Maybe take this to a PM with steelman. This really has nothing to do with DVXA at all.

- parastie - 2010-05-18

I have to say, the DVXA support is awesome. I'm just running an official nightly build on a laptop with ATi HD4670 GPU and playback of 1080p content went from nearly 90% CPU usuage to 20%.

I haven't had any issues at all with green screen at all. I think it's important to remind folks with ATi drivers to try to update at least to the 10.x driver base, before I moved to 10.x I used to have weird artifacts along the bottom row of 720p videos in different media players such as Media Player Classic.

Unfortunately for me, Sony opted out of ATi's driver support so I'm actually running the 10.x beta drivers they gave to reviewers a few months ago.

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-18

tedkunich Wrote:Steelman,

T

Don't use them, so I can't advise. A quick question in the general help may attract some attention and answers though.

- thegrinch - 2010-05-18

thegrinch Wrote:R30092 still doesn't work with G45, is it supposed to work at all? Are there any specific criteria for this chipset? MPC-HC works fine using DXVA.

Sorry to bring this up again. It seems that latest SVN releases don't support G45. It apparently uses different GUIDs for identifying DXVA bitstream handlers (sorry for possibly using the incorrect phrase). My HT setup uses an Intel mobo with G45 which works nicely utilising DXVA bitstream decoding with several other players. I'd really like to use DXVA accel too since I don't want to upgrade the CPU - my E5200 hiccups here and there in most of the high-bitrate or non-L4.1 compliant AVC streams. Will this chipset be supported in the future? If you want me to test builds on this chipset, I can help with that.

- elupus - 2010-05-18

To get g45 to work i suspect there are more things that needs to be addressed in the code. I disabled the selection of those GUID since i didn't expect it to work at all and have no way to test.

Its quite easy to enable again if you can compile yourself, let me know if anybody that have G45 hw and can compile wants to give it a go (i very much doubt it will work, but is worth a try).

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-18

Just to let everyone know:-

Following a conversation with Steelman, i updated to the latest svn (30260) to see if DXVA now works with my ATI HD5450.

I am pleased to report that DXVA on my 5 series ATI card now works but there are a few caveats:-

1) Must be set to "Fake" fullscreen mode (i still get a black screen in "true" fullscreen.
2) Auto Adjust Refresh rate still does not work correctly. Video plays back at about 10-11 fps instead of 24 even though there is only 2% load on the processor.
3) Aeon65 (my favourite) skin isn't supported as yet
4) The "Recently Added" script doesn't seem to work either at the moment.

Hope that helps any ATI users out.

- thegrinch - 2010-05-18

elupus Wrote:To get g45 to work i suspect there are more things that needs to be addressed in the code. I disabled the selection of those GUID since i didn't expect it to work at all and have no way to test.

Its quite easy to enable again if you can compile yourself, let me know if anybody that have G45 hw and can compile wants to give it a go (i very much doubt it will work, but is worth a try).

It seems XBMC can be compiled using free tools so I might give it a try later. There's a bunch of info and pointers on the subject in the discussion here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=60703

- RDHoworth - 2010-05-18

Lister of Smeg Wrote:Just to let everyone know:-

Following a conversation with Steelman, i updated to the latest svn (30260) to see if DXVA now works with my ATI HD5450.

I am pleased to report that DXVA on my 5 series ATI card now works but there are a few caveats:-

1) Must be set to "Fake" fullscreen mode (i still get a black screen in "true" fullscreen.
2) Auto Adjust Refresh rate still does not work correctly. Video plays back at about 10-11 fps instead of 24 even though there is only 2% load on the processor.
3) Aeon65 (my favourite) skin isn't supported as yet
4) The "Recently Added" script doesn't seem to work either at the moment.

Hope that helps any ATI users out.

I can confirm the same except that the Auto Adjust Refresh rate seems to work fine for me. Only differences are, Win 7 64 bit and ATI 4850 GPU.

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-19

elupus - just a quick thank you for some great work on this (running r30260) - I popped an ATI HD4670 into my machine this evening and everything plays back flawlessly. Similar to the Nvidia issue, occasional green pixelation on initial play, but very slight. ATI performs chapter skips much better than Nvidia - no pixelation on skip, very smooth transition.

All in all great strides here - oh and did I say average - 2-5% !!!! cpu usage - woooowh.

Issues described by other users remain - no adjust refresh rate - thankfully I don't need it.Big Grin

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-19

RDHoworth Wrote:I can confirm the same except that the Auto Adjust Refresh rate seems to work fine for me. Only differences are, Win 7 64 bit and ATI 4850 GPU.

hmm, could the auto refresh rate option be related to the 5 series then? It would appear so if your works.

Or maybe its another setting somewhere that i have missed.

@RDHoworth, Could you let me know what other, non default, settings you have changed?

Thanks

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-19

steelman1991 Wrote:elupus - just a quick thank you for some great work on this (running r30260) - I popped an ATI HD4670 into my machine this evening and everything plays back flawlessly. Similar to the Nvidia issue, occasional green pixelation on initial play, but very slight. ATI performs chapter skips much better than Nvidia - no pixelation on skip, very smooth transition.

All in all great strides here - oh and did I say average - 2-5% !!!! cpu usage - woooowh.

Issues described by other users remain - no adjust refresh rate - thankfully I don't need it.Big Grin

Can i also pass on my thanks for the hard work getting ATI hardware working.

Just that pesky Auto Refresh Rate now Big Grin

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-19

Lister of Smeg Wrote:hmm, could the auto refresh rate option be related to the 5 series then? It would appear so if your works.

Or maybe its another setting somewhere that i have missed.

@RDHoworth, Could you let me know what other, non default, settings you have changed?

Thanks

No I've got a HD4670 and it doesn't work for me either - glad you managed to playback sorted by the way.