Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- RDHoworth - 2010-05-19

Lister of Smeg Wrote:hmm, could the auto refresh rate option be related to the 5 series then? It would appear so if your works.

Or maybe its another setting somewhere that i have missed.

@RDHoworth, Could you let me know what other, non default, settings you have changed?

Thanks

The only additional setting I use is <measurerefreshrate>true</measurerefreshrate> in the advancedsettings file.

However, I have tried without this and it still works. I tried this to see if it would make any difference to the FPS in fake full screen, but it didn't.

Richard

- WhiningKhan - 2010-05-19

RDHoworth Wrote:
Lister of Smeg Wrote:1) Must be set to "Fake" fullscreen mode (i still get a black screen in "true" fullscreen.
2) Auto Adjust Refresh rate still does not work correctly. Video plays back at about 10-11 fps instead of 24 even though there is only 2% load on the processor.
3) Aeon65 (my favourite) skin isn't supported as yet
4) The "Recently Added" script doesn't seem to work either at the moment.
I can confirm the same except that the Auto Adjust Refresh rate seems to work fine for me. Only differences are, Win 7 64 bit and ATI 4850 GPU.

The auto refresh rate worked also on my HD3200. I also use true fullscreen, and it mostly works - I did get a black screen once, but it worked when trying again. Vista 32bit.

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-19

Can anyone report any success with a recent svn build and getting "Auto Adjust Refresh" to work with the latest series of ATI cards (5xxx)?

Auto Adjust Refresh rate (using DXVA) does work but the video plays back at about 10-11 fps instead of 24 even though there is only 2% load on the processor.

However, it does work on "Software" decoding but not DXVA.....

Any ideas?

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-19

Lister of Smeg Wrote:Can anyone report any success with a recent svn build and getting "Auto Adjust Refresh" to work with the latest series of ATI cards (5xxx)?

Auto Adjust Refresh rate (using DXVA) does work but the video plays back at about 10-11 fps instead of 24 even though there is only 2% load on the processor.

However, it does work on "Software" decoding but not DXVA.....

Any ideas?

I appreciate that you want to solicit the advice of others, but if you are having problems, then there is every likelyhood that others are too. Continually asking questions isn't going to resolve the issue - you got a problem - provide a debug log for the devs (elupus and CrystalP in particular) to look at and diagnose the problem.

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-19

steelman1991 Wrote:I appreciate that you want to solicit the advice of others, but if you are having problems, then there is every likelyhood that others are too. Continually asking questions isn't going to resolve the issue - you got a problem - provide a debug log for the devs (elupus and CrystalP in particular) to look at and diagnose the problem.

Thats fair enough. I'll post one tonight when i'm home Big Grin

Been digging around re Adjust Refresh Rate:-

Audio synch seems to be the issue, therefore I carried out some testing

With 0ms offset to audio, 23.976 fps files have audio sync issues - 25 fps and 50 fps don't. On 23.976 fps files, if I delay the sound by 250ms, audio is in perfect sync, however doing so knocks all other file speeds of by the relative margin 250ms.

I have attached a log of playback without any delay added http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/436123/. What I also have found peculiar recently and it may have something and nothing to do with the issue, is the sound rendering and options in both OSD's (set-up and video).

In set-up OSD there are 3 options for Audio (HDMI, Analogue and Optical/Coax), in my case I chose HDMI (cause that's how I'm connected LOL), however when the Video OSD is activated there are suddenly only 2 available (Analogue and Optical/Coax) with, in my case it defaulting to Analogue. See screenshots below:-

and

Elupus/CrystalP - any ideas or comments? are there issues with HDMI Audio which may be causing issues with adjust refresh rate?

Forgot to mention that in addition to the audio sync issue, my screen size is also reduced while adjust refresh rate is activitated - I tried to capture a screenshot of the issue, but it isn't visible in them - what basically happens is that a 1" (approx) black border appears both to the left and right of the screen - reducing the width. Its almost as if it is resetting the ATI overscan to its default 7.5% even though I have it set to 0% - again any ideas?

- elupus - 2010-05-19

i have no idea now.. the audio options was recently horribly jumbled.. the HDMI output setting is utterly pointless.

But using hdmi output, i suspect the audio device get's reinited as the resolution switches.

But your case could be your TV messing with you. It could be kicking into some 100hz mode which delays audio by quite a bit.

elupus Wrote:i have no idea now.. the audio options was recently horribly jumbled.. the HDMI output setting is utterly pointless.

But using hdmi output, i suspect the audio device get's reinited as the resolution switches.

But your case could be your TV messing with you. It could be kicking into some 100hz mode which delays audio by quite a bit.
Well if you don't what chance do the rest of us have Huh Big Grin

Why is the HDMI setting totally useless? Care to explain?

- elupus - 2010-05-19

Because there is no difference from xbmc's side between hdmi multichannel output and having 5.1 analog cables to your receiver. So it's a pointless setting.

- Bier_Koerier - 2010-05-19

@steelman1991

audio sync:
I only have the audio sync issue using true fullscreen and 24p/DTS(don't know about DD) content. Audio setting is set to Digital(HDMI connected to receiver).
The problem is not DXVA related and the last stable release had the same issue.

Ati overscan:
You will need to set the overscan to 0% for all resolutions and refresh rates that xbmc will use, one by one. CCC 10.4 has an extra issue of not saving this setting.

Auto refresh rate works perfect on my ati 4350.

Bier_Koerier Wrote:@steelman1991

audio sync:
I only have the audio sync issue using true fullscreen and 24p/DTS(don't know about DD) content. Audio setting is set to Digital(HDMI connected to receiver).
The problem is not DXVA related and the last stable release had the same issue.

Ati overscan:
You will need to set the overscan to 0% for all resolutions and refresh rates that xbmc will use, one by one. CCC 10.4 has an extra issue of not saving this setting.

Auto refresh rate works perfect on my ati 4350.
You sir are a genius - How intuitive is that - to have to set individual overscan settings - my desktop size doesn't suddenly change with a refresh rate change. Any way that resolved the playback issue. Perhaps not unsurprisingly the audio synch issues have been resolved at the same time.

Thanks very much for this information and relieving me of much brow beating and head scratching NodNodNod

elupus Wrote:Because there is no difference from xbmc's side between hdmi multichannel output and having 5.1 analog cables to your receiver. So it's a pointless setting.
Thanks mate, thought that might be the case - thanks for the clarification.

- Schnuffer - 2010-05-19

In which directory should I install for the Skins? The /XBMC/skin/ does not exist. I'm using build 30307

- SlaveUnit - 2010-05-19

Schnuffer Wrote:In which directory should I install for the Skins? The /XBMC/skin/ does not exist. I'm using build 30307

LOL! C'mon people. If it doesnt have to do with DXVA then dont post here.

- Schnuffer - 2010-05-19

SlaveUnit Wrote:LOL! C'mon people. If it doesnt have to do with DXVA then dont post here.

An answer to my question it would have done.