Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- Tuxon86 - 2010-06-08

Tried the latest build but it wont let me add any drives or media...
Any hint?

- 9633639 - 2010-06-08

Ditto

- Carlos ze Dwarf - 2010-06-08

Tuxon86 Wrote:Tried the latest build but it wont let me add any drives or media...
Any hint?

From the debug log, DialogMediaSource.xml is the cause, and of course it can't open it as it's not there, so add it manually in (what should be) C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p
http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogMediaSource.xml

- TheQuestor - 2010-06-08

dondre Wrote:For those who are using SSHCS unofficial compilations never forget that you never know what's in it and that the XBMC developers kindly asked them to stop them to not confuse ppl even more, nevertheless after SVN303xx I saw that the code has been cleaned up more and more, my own builds are showing a huge difference in size, now it only weights 33MB or so (I know that PM3HD has been taken out of the kit but still),

Rofl

You never know what is in my builds? Are you serious? Nice FUD there pal.

Craig

- dondre - 2010-06-08

SlaveUnit Wrote:Can we please end the third party SVNs opinions and the scraper problems with it etc. Keep this a bit closer to DXVA please.

As SlaveUnit said!

- joshuass - 2010-06-09

Just wanted to post that dxva2 is much much improved (just tried the new nightly). It plays artifact free for almost all of my movies/shows.

There are just two series of shows I have that show major artifacting. That is awesome and I thank everyone involved for their hard work!

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-06-09

joshuass Wrote:Just wanted to post that dxva2 is much much improved (just tried the new nightly). It plays artifact free for almost all of my movies/shows.

There are just two series of shows I have that show major artifacting. That is awesome and I thank everyone involved for their hard work!

I too tried the new nightly (30898) and i can report that, for me, the DXVA functionality is much improved.

Still a few issues with audio sync when using "Adjust Refresh Rate" option, but apart from that.... Its Awesome Cool

- oldpainless - 2010-06-09

Lister of Smeg Wrote:I too tried the new nightly (30898) and i can report that, for me, the DXVA functionality is much improved.

Still a few issues with audio sync when using "Adjust Refresh Rate" option, but apart from that.... Its Awesome Cool

Yeah...same here....the a/v sync issue kinda makes auto refresh rate pretty unuseable at the mo imo.

K

- mudstuff - 2010-06-09

Can anyone advise if playback of lossless mkvs is improved in the new nightly win32 build? I'm using r28256 and none of my 1:1 bluray to mkv rips playback without pixelation (well, some older MPEG-2 encoded blus do). Currently I use MPC-HC to play them (not configured it as an external player as I had hoped this would be fixed in an upcoming build).

So will the new build playback lossless 1080p video?

Thanks

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-06-09

mudstuff Wrote:Can anyone advise if playback of lossless mkvs is improved in the new nightly win32 build? I'm using r28256 and none of my 1:1 bluray to mkv rips playback without pixelation (well, some older MPEG-2 encoded blus do). Currently I use MPC-HC to play them (not configured it as an external player as I had hoped this would be fixed in an upcoming build).

Thanks

I don't have any lossless MKV's so i can't comment.

Sorry Sad

- spiff - 2010-06-09

lossless 1080p? LOL. i doubt you'll find any (consumer-grade) puter able to play it. that's 189MB/s just for the video data. you must have tons of space to waste...

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-09

mudstuff Wrote:Can anyone advise if playback of lossless mkvs is improved in the new nightly win32 build? I'm using r28256 and none of my 1:1 bluray to mkv rips playback without pixelation (well, some older MPEG-2 encoded blus do). Currently I use MPC-HC to play them (not configured it as an external player as I had hoped this would be fixed in an upcoming build).

Thanks
Could you expand on this - what do you mean by 'lossless'. Encodes and remuxes/rips playback in the main flawlessly, though this can be dependant on hardware.

- mudstuff - 2010-06-09

Sorry, to clarify I mean lossless from the Bluray source. I thought that was obvious, where would I get true uncompressed 1080p video of studio produced films?! Smile

"Scene" compressed mkv rips of say 4GB-6GB 720p or 8GB+ 1080p play just fine but content direct from bluray in mkv format (via makemkv) playback jerkily and break up. MPC-HC, TMT3, PowerDVD etc play them fine.

So i was just wondering if anyone had tried an uncompressed bluray rip. I've dabbled with Live before and playback was fine but I had audio issues and prefer the win7 environment as I use my Revo (3610, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win7) as a torrent server too.

It'd be great if this has improved, otherwise I'll configure MPC-HC as external player and forgo the nice overlay UI of XBMC and Alaska whilst playing video.

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-09

See previous post - remuxes and full rips to mkv play fine, with the proviso stated re hardware.

- mudstuff - 2010-06-09

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl then. As I say, hardware should be up to the task as other apps play the video back fine. Time for an update!

Do I need to tweak any of the settings, or should it work as default?