Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-09

mudstuff Wrote:Thanks, I'll give it a whirl then. As I say, hardware should be up to the task as other apps play the video back fine. Time for an update!

Do I need to tweak any of the settings, or should it work as default?

Go to system\video and ensure that dxva2 is activated

- mudstuff - 2010-06-09

Cheers, I'd give you rep but I gave you some for the external player thread you made :p

I'll give it a go tonight if I get a chance.

- xayide - 2010-06-09

Is this DXVA-thing based up on FFmpeg?
if so would an option for force 24hz be possible?

According to ffmpeg docu:

* To force the frame rate of the output file to 24 fps:

ffmpeg -i input.avi -r 24 output.avi

- oldpainless - 2010-06-09

Wrong..my bad

K

- mudstuff - 2010-06-11

mudstuff Wrote:Cheers, I'd give you rep but I gave you some for the external player thread you made :p

I'll give it a go tonight if I get a chance.
I installed the 7 June nightly and my videos all playback perfectly - THANK YOU! I get a green "flash" and a little bit of break-up when skipping through a film and it did hang a few times and take a minute to quit back to the menu but then I won't be skipping through films normally Wink.

My only issue and I apologise if this is the wrong place, but how do you add other skins? I notice Confluence is in the addons folder along with an addons XML so guess other skins need this too? I copied the confluence one to an Alaska folder I created in the addons folder and got it working but I think it might have disabled DXVA2 as everything was jerky again (including Alaska skin) - or I did something wrong.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm in a bit of a dilemma - go back to an older build and have alaska or have my videos play perfectly but be stuck with confluence...

- Hemps - 2010-06-11

Also installed the latest 7 nightly and no mp3 cannot play back, if i right click the file "Play using" give's 3 options - PAPLAYER , DVDPLAYER , DSPLAYER

Why wont it play with default?

- joshuass - 2010-06-11

So I ran into a few more sets of shows I have that are buggy as hell with DXVA2 rendering. I'll be comparing them with the ones that work in mediainfo to see if I can find a common thread amongs those that don't work. The shows are mostly dvd rips, and one being a currently airing anime.

The dvd rips mostly just show heavy artifacting (very similar to what you would see in a movie that was skipped ahead in, but between index frames).

The anime shows a symptom that can be described as flickering between a set of a couple of frames, with a new set of frames to flicker through showing up every few minutes.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-06-11

Hemps Wrote:Also installed the latest 7 nightly and no mp3 cannot play back, if i right click the file "Play using" give's 3 options - PAPLAYER , DVDPLAYER , DSPLAYER

Why wont it play with default?

Keep this thread DXVA related please. MP3s have nothing to do with DXVA.

- CrystalP - 2010-06-15

The quarter/half screen DXVA playback in true fullscreen on nVidia was fixed for a user after he installed the June 2010 DX runtime and nVidia latest beta driver.
Can someone else confirm?

It would be best to update one component at a time so that we can find out if it's the DX runtime or the nVidia driver that helps.

- RDHoworth - 2010-06-16

Has anybody got DXVA working with the ATI 4800 series of GPUs? I have not been able to display Video (black screen plus audio only) with any combination of settings that include DXVA. It all works perfectly without DXVA.

I have run many on the latest builds, currently on 31033, but this behaviour is consistent, even with clean installs.

My current setup is:

Win 7 64 Enterprise
XBMC 31033 + many others
Catalyst 10.5, but also with 10.3 and 10.4
ATI 4850

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-16

RDHoworth Wrote:Has anybody got DXVA working with the ATI 4800 series of GPUs? I have not been able to display Video (black screen plus audio only) with any combination of settings that include DXVA. It all works perfectly without DXVA.

I have run many on the latest builds, currently on 31033, but this behaviour is consistent, even with clean installs.

My current setup is:

Win 7 64 Enterprise
XBMC 31033 + many others
Catalyst 10.5, but also with 10.3 and 10.4
ATI 4850
Long shot, but check that the 3d settings in CCC are all set to 'Use Application Settings'. Had a similar problem with an HD4670. This fixed it.

Also might want to make sure you have the latest DirectX installed - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

- RDHoworth - 2010-06-17

steelman1991 Wrote:Long shot, but check that the 3d settings in CCC are all set to 'Use Application Settings'. Had a similar problem with an HD4670. This fixed it.

Also might want to make sure you have the latest DirectX installed - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Thanks, the 3D settings worked.

- dondre - 2010-06-17

CrystalP Wrote:The quarter/half screen DXVA playback in true fullscreen on nVidia was fixed for a user after he installed the June 2010 DX runtime and nVidia latest beta driver.
Can someone else confirm?

It would be best to update one component at a time so that we can find out if it's the DX runtime or the nVidia driver that helps.

Just a feedback, I've tried this on 3 different Ge-forces (8800GT, 9400M & GT240), with default advanced D3D/OGL settings it works great fullscreen in DXVA the way it should, but if you go to manually change (and force) custom settings in advanced D3D/OGL nvidia cpanel then it creates this 1/4 quarter usage of the screen instead of fullscreen with DXVA (e.g. triple buffering, etc...)

Turning back to default settings for both D3D/OGL custom properties solves it!

I believe gamers should pay attention to this, and in a general way it's better to customize the settings by applications than forcing the general D3D/OGL settings for all applications.

In this case I believe the beta driver (genration 256) fixed the problem because it reset the custom properties to default ones.

So I believe that it's more related to the nvidia driver than the June SDK.

- zoing - 2010-06-17

Quote:In this case I believe the beta driver (genration 256) fixed the problem because it reset the custom properties to default ones.

I was one with this problem and i posted the steps on the trac ticket.
For me it solved it. Maybe you are right about the reset from the reinstall of the nvidia-driver, but i did not change anything except the vsync and the color range. An older version, i think 28885, was working but no newer 30xxx version.
Wich settings did you change to get the 1/4 size picture.
I would like to change it, and see if i can reproduce it.

Thanks.

- oldpainless - 2010-06-17

Spiff,

I saw on the trac that native was getting "shiny new shaders"....is this right?...same sort of thing that the new cut of dsplayer has? (sharpen complex2 etc)

K