Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- davegregoire - 2010-06-20

I have the same card and setup you have. I have had various issues with all the nighties lately. Anyone else having issues with the scrubbers not working (server not available with tvdb) or titles for movies appearing blank?

- phillyfan1138 - 2010-06-21

Does DXVA work on mpeg 2 (both hd and dvd)?

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-21

davegregoire Wrote:Anyone else having issues with the scrubbers not working (server not available with tvdb) or titles for movies appearing blank?
LOL - what sort of system do you have Laugh This word has an entirely different meaning in this part of the world - refers to ladies with dubious morals.

I presume you mean 'Scrapers'

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-21

phillyfan1138 Wrote:Does DXVA work on mpeg 2 (both hd and dvd)?
I don't think so at this time. Sure elupus reported some time ago that until it was supprted in ffmpeg, then it wouldn't be available in xbmc (natively that is - DSPlayer variation does mpeg2 HD acceleration using mpc-hc decoders)

- dyt72 - 2010-06-22

Hi, I'm having a issue with DXVA2 enable, after 15 / 20 seconds, periodically there are artifacts that show up on the screen (green blocks or large blocky artifacts from a previous scene) and stay until a scene change. always with .mkv.
I have verified that it isn't a problem with the file itself... what could I be doing wrong here?

My video card are an ati 3200 and a 3450. Crossfire.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-06-22

dyt72,
You running the latest ATI drivers?

...and what version of XBMC are you running?

- dyt72 - 2010-06-22

Ati 10.6 and xbmc build 31004 (2010/06/09)

- Hannes The Hun - 2010-06-22

steelman1991 Wrote:I presume you mean 'Scrapers'

or maybe... he meant us to bring him... A SHRUBBERY!

sorry couldn't resist while reading Cool

- Kill-9 - 2010-06-23

joshuass Wrote:Just wanted to post that dxva2 is much much improved (just tried the new nightly). It plays artifact free for almost all of my movies/shows.

There are just two series of shows I have that show major artifacting. That is awesome and I thank everyone involved for their hard work!

Still having the same issue of artifacting... can't really use DXVA because it happens on about half my HD stuff.

Any news on this one?

- tiben20 - 2010-06-23

phillyfan1138 Wrote:Does DXVA work on mpeg 2 (both hd and dvd)?

I just added mpeg2 in ffmpeg 5 minutes ago, its going to be available when someone update the ffmpeg dll

- Kill-9 - 2010-06-23

Kill-9 Wrote:Still having the same issue of artifacting... can't really use DXVA because it happens on about half my HD stuff.

Any news on this one?

And it looks like i was being hard headed...

I did lots of googling to find that it is indeed a driver issue. This is really a pain in the ass for me since most of my HTPC rigs use ATI cards with HDMI. So i'm pretty much boned, unless anyone has any idea how t ofix it, or an alternative to get video acceleration.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-06-23

tiben20 Wrote:I just added mpeg2 in ffmpeg 5 minutes ago, its going to be available when someone update the ffmpeg dll

Very nice news. Thanks tiben20!!!

- AzzX - 2010-06-23

steelman1991 Wrote:They ain't borked per se Rolleyes. Just some manual intervention required - set overscan for each refresh rate your likely to use and they will stick (changing as you use adjust refresh rate) - been using 10.6 since its release and with this exception everything else works as it should

Definitely doesn't work here, driver sweeper is the first thing I use as well. Looking at ATI's forums the issue still persistes with certain hardware configs, My samsumg TV requires 1:1 and the cats default to -10 underscan each refresh change - regardless of any adjustment. Bad ATI, I have even gone to length adding the overscan settings into the registry to no avail. At least 10.1 works beautifully.

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-23

AzzX Wrote:Definitely doesn't work here, driver sweeper is the first thing I use as well. Looking at ATI's forums the issue still persistes with certain hardware configs, My samsumg TV requires 1:1 and the cats default to -10 underscan each refresh change - regardless of any adjustment. Bad ATI, I have even gone to length adding the overscan settings into the registry to no avail. At least 10.1 works beautifully.
Guess I must just be lucky then - that certainly makes a change Nod

Kill-9 Wrote:And it looks like i was being hard headed...

I did lots of googling to find that it is indeed a driver issue. This is really a pain in the ass for me since most of my HTPC rigs use ATI cards with HDMI. So i'm pretty much boned, unless anyone has any idea how t ofix it, or an alternative to get video acceleration.
What cards are you using, version of ccc and which version of xbmc? I and others have been using dxva virtually troublefree for some weeks if not months now.

- chunk1982 - 2010-06-23

iv been using dxva for quite a few weeks now with my hd4670 1gb and every time ati release a new driver update i upgrade now im using ccc10.6 and xbmc rev31328, it works flawlessly