Kodi Community Forum
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns (/showthread.php?tid=69306)

- Sam.Nazarko - 2010-07-19

Umm no I didn't actually. All my L5.1 encodes are from my HD-DVDs and Blu-Ray discs. Put up some MediaInfo of some L5.1 content yielding problems

- oldpainless - 2010-07-19

You know what....just a thought...if there is a file you guys have an issue with - post a sample- that's the best way, IMO, to help the devs (as steelman said too)?

K

You know what... just a thought... before you tell people to upload a sample, look a few posts up and see that there is a sample.

- oldpainless - 2010-07-19

Sam.Nazarko Wrote:You know what... just a thought... before you tell people to upload a sample, look a few posts up and see that there is a sample.

At this point, I could be come back with a line...but, you know what....my bad....I totally missed that, so, that makes me a muppet...sorry.

I'll try the sample tomorrow and report back.

For info - I have an ION (nvidia), and loads of L5.1 & 4.1 material (h.264( not sure about 3.1, not sure I've seen that)), and so far no break ups.

K

- r1ctus - 2010-07-19

I've tried 2 L5.1 videos. One of them is the famous 'Killa sampla' , when playing it with XBMC (or mpc-hc) I get a green screen and a few (tearing) screens from the beginning of the movie that keep flashing after one another, and sometimes getting a second of the video playing.

the other one I tried is a rip of Hellboy2, the problem is about the same without the green screen, and maybe a little more movie between the flashes. here's hellboy's mediainfo, here's the sample.

but I'd really be fine without L5.1 videos, only VC-1 and H264 (with UI) would be important for me.

- Rob79 - 2010-07-19

Well, with these latest branches, my OLD HD3450 is working perfectly with 1080P and DVD content, but some 720p pixelates, now (kinda ironic). Not a huge deal as that can just be processed and works fine. Other then the 720p issue on some content this new branch is looking GREAT!!!! >Wink

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-19

Tried both Sam's sample and the Killa Sample - both play perfectly on an ATI 5450 and 4670 - CCC 10.6

Sam are you sure you have DXVA activated - cpu seems extremely high for the clip? I also have many L3.1 (Apple Web-DL files) all of which playback perfectly with both cards.

The only thing other than broken playback that you both share is the video card - hmmmm I wonder Eek

I have a spare 4670 if you wanna buy it (or an Nvidia GT240) Big Grin

Yes - see screenshot I;m using h264-dxva2 decoder so GPU offloading is definitely occurring. High CPU is due to background processes. I hope it's not a card issue because I just bought a 3650 to revitalise a P4 and give me the opportunity to play some content on my old machine. I had to pay extra for an old AGP8X connection as well Sad

- Raitei - 2010-07-20

Quite new to XBMC and all that, but just tried the latest nightly. Turned on DXVA from the menu and all HD video shows a black screen. If i hit escape to back out the the menu, the video plays fine in the background. Video works fine without DXVA and my card does support it. Any ideas? (card is a mobility HD5470)

- elupus - 2010-07-20

Raitei:
Known issue that I've not found any cure for yet. You could try making sure all your display settings in the ATI drivers are set to default + update them to lastest version. That may help.

- rd1979 - 2010-07-20

I have an Nvidia 9800 GTX+. DXVA2 has never worked very well for me, and the most recent SVNs mostly work, but have some odd off-coloring and flickering. Anyone else having these issues?

I'm running Windows 7 on an E6850 @ 3GHz and 4GB of RAM and have the latest drivers.

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-20

Raitei Wrote:Quite new to XBMC and all that, but just tried the latest nightly. Turned on DXVA from the menu and all HD video shows a black screen. If i hit escape to back out the the menu, the video plays fine in the background. Video works fine without DXVA and my card does support it. Any ideas? (card is a mobility HD5470)
Make sure that all 3D application settings are set to "use application settings" in CCC - well at least those that have that option. I had similar problem - only solved by checking those options.

- Sam.Nazarko - 2010-07-20

You syncing playback to display? What method are you using, I'm wondering if this could help improve my performance

- Raitei - 2010-07-20

Works well now with a CCC upgrade.

Wow, killa sample down from 30% CPU to 8%. Oddly enough it was quite jerky at 30%, not sure why it wasn't using more CPU...

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-20

Sam.Nazarko Wrote:You syncing playback to display? What method are you using, I'm wondering if this could help improve my performance
Sorry Sam was this directed at me?

I'm not using 'sync to disaply', but 'adjust refresh rate' (noticed you were using sync to playback). I'm no expert, but perhaps the only serious performance improvement would be the purchase of a 'new card'.