Kodi Community Forum
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher (/showthread.php?tid=69321)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- andy204 - 2010-10-26

davilla Wrote:CrystalHD has nothing to do with "RSS feeds scrolling along the bottom of the screen". Also you are running beta2 and your log shows;

i think he wanted to say, that everything is slow Smile the rss was just an example

- davilla - 2010-10-26

andy204 Wrote:i think he wanted to say, that everything is slow Smile the rss was just an example

if rss is slow, I'd check renderer setting.

- konan - 2010-10-26

Patrics83 Wrote:Hi, for me it didn´t work so good.

Installation was OK but when I start XBMC everything is very laggy and crystalhd card isn´t in the option menu.
I cant ssh to apple tv after the crash.
Where can i post my logs? Pastbin isn´t working for the moment.

Exactly the same picture with me. After installing r172 the entire XBMC UI became much slower including the main menu. Could not even play the SD AVI files: after 30 seconds XBMC hang and had to reboot the ATV. 100% reproducible but due to the hang there is no crash log. Will post the debug log later when get back home. Had to manually revert back to r156 to be able to watch movies.

- guibaa - 2010-10-26

guibaa Wrote:Hi scoot,

same issue with bcm70015, Installation was OK but when I start XBMC everything is very laggy and crystalhd card isn´t in the option menu.
I cant ssh to apple tv after the crash.

davilla Wrote:Then ssh in before Smile xbmc.log

Hi Scott,

here now my Logs.

DMESG
XBMC.log

Hope that helps

Guibaa

- davilla - 2010-10-26

konan Wrote:Exactly the same picture with me. After installing r172 the entire XBMC UI became much slower including the main menu. Could not even play the SD AVI files: after 30 seconds XBMC hang and had to reboot the ATV. 100% reproducible but due to the hang there is no crash log. Will post the debug log later when get back home. Had to manually revert back to r156 to be able to watch movies.

Just want to verify, you launch xbmc, don't play any videos and the gui is slower with r172 ?

- guibaa - 2010-10-26

davilla Wrote:Just want to verify, you launch xbmc, don't play any videos and the gui is slower with r172 ?

Yes, same here. Launch XBMC and after some seconds the ATV is very slow and no more ssh-access.

guibaa

- nmrs - 2010-10-26

davilla Wrote:Just want to verify, you launch xbmc, don't play any videos and the gui is slower with r172 ?

This is exactly what I am seeing. Just having r172 installed totally bogs down XBMC, eventually crashing it. Even without playing videos (i.e. just launch XBMC), XBMC will eventually (generally within a minute) hang/crash so I have to unplug the appletv to reboot it.

I had to revert back to r156 to get XBMC usable again.

- davilla - 2010-10-26

@guibaa

Quote:[crystalhd_flea_core_reset]: Starting core reset
!!FATAL ERROR!! Core Reset Failure

@nmrs, ^^ do you have same thing in dmesg ?, you can check without launching xbmc.

- guibaa - 2010-10-26

davilla Wrote:@guibaa

@nmrs, ^^ do you have same thing in dmesg ?, you can check without launching xbmc.

Scott,

without launch xbmc I dont have issues all logs are empty.

- nmrs - 2010-10-26

davilla Wrote:@guibaa

Yes, I get the same thing, but only after launching XBMC (I can still ssh immediately after XBMC launches, at least until it crashes). Here are 2 DMESG outputs, one run after reboot before launching XBMC, the other run after XBMC launched:

http://pastebin.com/kL0qsq53

That !!FATAL ERROR!! Core Reset Failure shows up after XBMC launches.

- davilla - 2010-10-26

Darwin loads the crystalhd kext and matches to the hw, notice crystalhd_flea_core_reset is fine:

Quote:BroadcomCrystalHD:Confusedtart
crystalhd_hw_open: setting up functions, device = Flea
[crystalhd_flea_core_reset]: Starting core reset
DDR-2 Detected
Opening HW. hw:0x1f51804, hw->adp:0x1f57900
BroadcomCrystalHD: Registering power handler
BroadcomCrystalHD: Found HW and started driver SW.

XBMC tries to open crystalhd lib/driver and fails, notice crystalhd_flea_core_reset has now failed:

Quote:Opening new user[0] handle
crystalhd_hw_open: setting up functions, device = Flea
DDR-2 Detected
Opening HW. hw:0x2294a04, hw->adp:0x1f57900
BroadcomCrystalHD opened
allocated 18 elem
Initializing Dio pool 10 1024 305c 0x1dbde04
Downloading FW
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: Sz:864276
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 1. Enable scrubbing
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 2. Poll for SCRAM_KEY_DONE_INT
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 3. Write the BORCH and STARCH addresses. f6004:d2fff, f6008:d2fff
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 4. Write the firmware to DRAM. Sz:864256 Bytes
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 5. Write the signature to CMAC register.
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 6. Write the ARM run bit to 1.
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 7. Poll for Boot Verification done/failure interrupt.
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 7. Error bit occured. RetVal:ffffffff
[crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 7. Firmware image signature failure.
Firmware Download Failure!! - -1
Closing user[0] handle with mode 417a00
Releasing RX Pkt pool
Released dio pool 10
released 18 elem
BroadcomCrystalHD closed

One difference between R172 and R156 is that power handling has been enabled in R158

- davilla - 2010-10-26

@guibaa, @nmrs. can either of you build the driver ? I'd like to turn off power handling and see if you still have problems with R172.

- nmrs - 2010-10-26

I'd be glad to help, but would need instructions. My machine is windows, but I have an OS X vm that I may be able to use if you can tell me what all I need to install and do (or point me to a wiki or something).

- andy204 - 2010-10-26

instructions are here:

http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/

- davilla - 2010-10-26

The change would only be in the kext driver.