Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- altoiddealer - 2011-11-11

malte Wrote:This should just be a test if it could be reverted with the older version. Maybe you can also try if you encounter this issue only with certain skins or certain views (Info, Thumb, etc.).

I only use one skin (Confluence) and the default view in RCB

- claimui - 2011-11-12

I am still getting what appears to be the wraplist/pagecontrol issue at RCB startup. I updated to the latest Windows nightly, and also turned on both XBMC and RCB debugging. Even so, there doesn't appear to be any more helpful info in the log. Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/WSed82ec

After these lines:
Code:
13:12:46 T:3836   ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression $INFO[ListItem.Property(isfavorite)] == 1
13:12:46 T:3836   ERROR: Control 500 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
13:13:15 T:2264   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 2264 terminating (autodelete)
13:13:15 T:3016   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 3016 terminating (autodelete)
XBMC hangs and I can't get it to respond to input. There are a few lines afterwards because I had a song playing in the background -- you can see it continues playing and stops, so XBMC is still running somehow, I just can't interact with it. Also the song that was being played was part of a playlist, but instead of playing the next song, the player just stops at the end of the song.

I left XBMC running for about 30 minutes afterwards, to see if it would eventually crash and throw an error. But still nothing, so I eventually killed it.

- malte - 2011-11-12

Uh, thats bad. Without any information and if I can't reproduce it myself, it is always hard to fix such issues. One more idea: RCB also makes use of the XBMC player. Does this issue also occur if you are not playing music in the background?

I found out that XBMC is very "damageable" when RCB tries to do two things at the same time (e.g. loading the list and switching views or adding items). But this can happen quite regularly in RCB atm. So I will check in the next release if I can avoid most of these situations and maybe this fixes your issue, too. Sorry for the hassle.

- claimui - 2011-11-12

That's very interesting and it might be the issue. On my primary XBMC install, I run a script that makes music always play in the background. I have another computer with a "test" XBMC install that does not run this script (among other differences). I have noticed that I don't seem to get this error on my test setup, only on the primary setup with the background music script. It seems very possible that there is a conflict between the two.

I really like the background music script though, and unfortunately, the way it is designed, it cannot be easily started and stopped. Maybe I can look into that.

In the meantime, maybe I can just disable RCB's use of the XBMC player? Is it just for ROM videos? I am not using videos in my current setup, so maybe I can work around it for now.

Two more requests:
- I use the "one big image" view in the main window. I notice that my screenshots, etc. get stretched to fit the image size. In the Confluence skin (with its wide image window), this can greatly distort the image. What controls the aspect ratio of this image? I tried tweaking around with the skin .xml but couldn't figure it out.

- Is there a reason why I can't use the Parent Directory keymap (i.e. backspace on keyboard or "back" button on remote) to exit RCB? Backspace works with every other addon I've used so it'd be nice to have it here too.

- Elviguiero - 2011-11-12

claimui Wrote:Two more requests:
- I use the "one big image" view in the main window. I notice that my screenshots, etc. get stretched to fit the image size. In the Confluence skin (with its wide image window), this can greatly distort the image. What controls the aspect ratio of this image? I tried tweaking around with the skin .xml but couldn't figure it out.

I think i can answer to this:
it's <aspectratio>stretch</aspectration> on images controls
change stretch to keep or to scale and it will avoid distortion (scale might cut your image, but will make it fit all the space)

- malte - 2011-11-12

claimui Wrote:In the meantime, maybe I can just disable RCB's use of the XBMC player? Is it just for ROM videos? I am not using videos in my current setup, so maybe I can work around it for now.
Usually it won't do anything if you don't have any videos. So, no idea what may cause the conflict. I will try to launch RCB with music playing in the background and see if I can reproduce the issue here.

claimui Wrote:- Is there a reason why I can't use the Parent Directory keymap (i.e. backspace on keyboard or "back" button on remote) to exit RCB? Backspace works with every other addon I've used so it'd be nice to have it here too.
I thought this should work with 0.9.3. I already checked all actions that could be mapped to exit the script. But I will check again if I have missed one.

malte Wrote:Usually it won't do anything if you don't have any videos. So, no idea what may cause the conflict. I will try to launch RCB with music playing in the background and see if I can reproduce the issue here.

Already tested without issues; The problem might come from the script Claimui uses. I can actually start a playlist in RCB without problem.

- claimui - 2011-11-12

Elviguiero Wrote:I think i can answer to this:
it's <aspectratio>stretch</aspectration> on images controls
change stretch to keep or to scale and it will avoid distortion (scale might cut your image, but will make it fit all the space)

I looked through the skin xml files in the RCB folder but couldn't find anything that had aspectratio set to stretch. Actually most of the controls have aspectratio set to "keep", so I am not sure where the stretch occurs. Am I looking at the wrong xml files?

Quote:Already tested without issues; The problem might come from the script Claimui uses. I can actually start a playlist in RCB without problem.

I looked at the script. It's pretty short so there aren't that many places to check. Basically it just runs this to see if anything is playing:
Code:
rawResponse=xbmc.executehttpapi('getcurrentlyplaying')
    if rawResponse=='<li>Filename:[Nothing Playing]':
and if not, it plays the playlist. Could that little bit of code interfere with RCB in some way?

claimui Wrote:I looked through the skin xml files in the RCB folder but couldn't find anything that had aspectratio set to stretch. Actually most of the controls have aspectratio set to "keep", so I am not sure where the stretch occurs. Am I looking at the wrong xml files?

Try this:
open script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml
search for <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(gameinfobig)]</texture>
and add <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>

- malte - 2011-11-12

claimui Wrote:I looked at the script. It's pretty short so there aren't that many places to check. Basically it just runs this to see if anything is playing:
Code:

rawResponse=xbmc.executehttpapi('getcurrentlyplaying')
if rawResponse=='<li>Filename:[Nothing Playing]':

and if not, it plays the playlist. Could that little bit of code interfere with RCB in some way?
No idea. Is this script available in the repo or per download? I could try it here to see if I can reproduce the issue. Does it run as a service at every XBMC start?

- claimui - 2011-11-13

The script is in the thread linked earlier, but more specifically at this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=228252&postcount=5

I have an autoexec.py that runs this script every startup (there is nothing else in the autoexec.py). I know we're not supposed to be using autoexec.py in pre-Eden anymore, but it seems to work fine for me.

- mattchapman - 2011-11-13

Hi
I'm a relatively new RCB user and find it useful but the filters looks ugly and I don't need them because I only have about 20 roms. Is there any way to turn them off. It would be much better if you got to the filters some other way.

thanks

- Elviguiero - 2011-11-13

@ Malte: would it be possible to add a new Property that shows the Rom Path, something like ListItem.Property(rompath) or whatever you prefer? It could be useful on skin level.

By the way, with last svn version of gameinfodialog, the favorites tag seems always set to true, whatever the game is actually a favorite or not.

- malte - 2011-11-14

mattchapman Wrote:I'm a relatively new RCB user and find it useful but the filters looks ugly and I don't need them because I only have about 20 roms. Is there any way to turn them off. It would be much better if you got to the filters some other way.
The filters hide automatically. If you have set evetrything to "ALL" you will just see them blinking up at startup and then never see them again if you don't want to. Just make sure that you have set Prevent unfiltered Search to "False".

Elviguiero Wrote:would it be possible to add a new Property that shows the Rom Path, something like ListItem.Property(rompath) or whatever you prefer? It could be useful on skin level.
Should be no problem. Just curious: what do you want to do with it? And what path do you need: complete path including rom file or just the path to the rom folders?

Elviguiero Wrote:By the way, with last svn version of gameinfodialog, the favorites tag seems always set to true, whatever the game is actually a favorite or not.
Thanks. Will fix it.

BTW: current SVN version changes the way the filter controls are working. If anyone has issues with this please tell me.

- malte - 2011-11-14

claimui Wrote:The script is in the thread linked earlier, but more specifically at this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=228252&postcount=5

I have an autoexec.py that runs this script every startup (there is nothing else in the autoexec.py). I know we're not supposed to be using autoexec.py in pre-Eden anymore, but it seems to work fine for me.
Ok, it is the fact that it is running as a separate script. I tested playback and everything and RCB was running fine a dozen of times. As soon as I started the script per autoexec.py or even as a service it crashed every 5th run.

I will check what causes the conflict but I am not very confident that I will find a solution...