Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- Domina - 2011-11-28

The batch file comes with the emulator (JPCSP), the only modification I did was put the name of the iso and the two commands needed to boot it via the command line.

It works well with GameEx and hyperspin, but advanced launcher,not also the same problem occurs.

Perhaps it might be a problem JPCSP and XBMC?
Although I execute bat file out with xbmc in backstage and worked without problems.

Thanks for the help anyway!

- mattchapman - 2011-11-28

malte Wrote:What hangs on the desktop? MAME or XBMC? Do you see any error messages (popup windows or inside the log)?

If it is MAME, does it also have trouble to exit when you run it without XBMC?

Hi
Sorry, to clarify I mean MAME launches fine from RCB but when I exit (by pressing Esc, or even using Alt F4) it does not return to XBMC. Instead it goes to the desktop just as if I'd launched MAME from the desktop.

thanks

- blinken - 2011-11-28

malte Wrote:I guess you are talking about Aeon MQ3 skin? Smile

I just expected that this control (favorite button) is available in all skins. But it does not seem to be available in Aeon MQ3 if you turn on kiosk mode. I made this more stable now and RCB won't crash anymore if any control is not available. This fix will be available in the next version.

Anyway, I just tested RCB with kiosk mode in Aeon MQ3 and there does not seem to be a way to access the filter controls anymore. Maybe I am just too dumb to do it or we have to ask MarcosQui if he could add the filters when kisok mode is turned on.

Yeah sorry, I was talking about the MQ3 skin.

Thanks in advance for any fixes you come up with.

- malte - 2011-11-29

mattchapman Wrote:Sorry, to clarify I mean MAME launches fine from RCB but when I exit (by pressing Esc, or even using Alt F4) it does not return to XBMC. Instead it goes to the desktop just as if I'd launched MAME from the desktop.
Sounds like a problem with MAME itself and not related to RCB. Sorry, no idea about this. Some emulators have an option to not exit but only to switch from windowed to fullscreen. But ALT+F4 should usually solve this. You may check if there is such a setting in MAME.

- mattchapman - 2011-11-29

malte Wrote:Sounds like a problem with MAME itself and not related to RCB. Sorry, no idea about this. Some emulators have an option to not exit but only to switch from windowed to fullscreen. But ALT+F4 should usually solve this. You may check if there is such a setting in MAME.

OK thanks!

If anyone can confirm successful use of MAME64 in RCB Solo Mode please let me know!

Thank you.

- Mati24 - 2011-11-30

Hello !
I want to translate your add-on in french. Are you interested ?

Thank you

- malte - 2011-12-01

Mati24 Wrote:I want to translate your add-on in french. Are you interested ?
Yes, of course. This would be great. As soon as the script is supporting this...
Unfortunately, the script uses hardcoded strings and is not yet prepared for being translated. This is one of my bigger todos for the next weeks. So if you are still willing to do it in a couple of weeks I would PM you or write it here in the thread when I am done with it.

- Tomkun - 2011-12-03

malte Wrote:Yes, of course. This would be great. As soon as the script is supporting this...
Unfortunately, the script uses hardcoded strings and is not yet prepared for being translated. This is one of my bigger todos for the next weeks. So if you are still willing to do it in a couple of weeks I would PM you or write it here in the thread when I am done with it.

Any idea roughly how many strings there would be? I'd be willing and able to translate into Japanese for you if it's not too many...

- altoiddealer - 2011-12-04

Now that I finally set up a Playstation emulator, it sure would be great if RCB had multi-disc support (Found comments in this thread regarding implementation of multi-disc support dating back from April onwards). You know, like FFVII (3 discs)

RCB = Best add-on EVER. Thanks!

- malte - 2011-12-04

@Tomkun: Hard to guess. I would say around 50 small ones (like button and lable texts) and 25 longer ones (error messages etc.). But it could also be much more or less, I did not count. But I guess I will get on it and prepare a german translation in one of the next releases. Then we will see how much it will be.

@altoiddealer: Yes, multi disc support has been requested many times. And it will be added for sure. I always wanted to do this together with bigger changes to the whole import process. But maybe I could split it up and start to work on it a bit sooner.

- Tomkun - 2011-12-04

malte Wrote:@Tomkun: Hard to guess. I would say around 50 small ones (like button and lable texts) and 25 longer ones (error messages etc.). But it could also be much more or less, I did not count. But I guess I will get on it and prepare a german translation in one of the next releases. Then we will see how much it will be.

That sounds fine to me!

By the way, I recently updated to the latest SVN, I see that you have added video support to the night skin, which is great. What I would like to do is have video on the main screen and video in the info screen, but I can't seem to figure it out. Is it possible?

Secondly, after updating and adding a new emulator, I got an error message saying that 'archive.vg' is not in the config.xml or something along those lines.

I've commented out the offending line, so the error doesn't happen, but does my config.xml need updating and if so, how should I go about it without losing all my settings?

- malte - 2011-12-05

Tomkun Wrote:By the way, I recently updated to the latest SVN, I see that you have added video support to the night skin, which is great. What I would like to do is have video on the main screen and video in the info screen, but I can't seem to figure it out. Is it possible?
This was a stupid bug. It is fixed now in SVN. Thanks, no idea how I missed that.

Tomkun Wrote:Secondly, after updating and adding a new emulator, I got an error message saying that 'archive.vg' is not in the config.xml or something along those lines.

I've commented out the offending line, so the error doesn't happen, but does my config.xml need updating and if so, how should I go about it without losing all my settings?
Oh, I forgot to update existing config.xmls with this change. I will add this in the next version. Thanks for reporting.

In the meantime, commenting out the archive.vg scraper is a good way to go as the API is down atm anyway.

If you want to update config.xml yourself you should add these lines to the Scrapers section at the end of the file:
Code:
<Site descFilePerGame="True" name="archive.vg" searchGameByCRC="False">
  <Scraper encoding="iso-8859-1" parseInstruction="05.01 - archive - search.xml" returnUrl="true" source="http://api.archive.vg/1.0/Archive.search/%ARCHIVEAPIKEY%/%GAME%" />
  <Scraper encoding="iso-8859-1" parseInstruction="05.02 - archive - detail.xml" source="1" />
</Site>

RCB Fanart - blzalewski - 2011-12-05

Hi, I was able to successfully import my game collection but the only image that seems to be attached to each game is the boxcover.. the fanarts have been scraped are in the fanart directory in the same folder as the boxcover. The background fanart for all the games is the default games fanart.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

- Mati24 - 2011-12-05

Hello,

How can I to change manually information or add on a Rom ?

Thank you

- malte - 2011-12-05

blzalewski Wrote:Hi, I was able to successfully import my game collection but the only image that seems to be attached to each game is the boxcover.. the fanarts have been scraped are in the fanart directory in the same folder as the boxcover. The background fanart for all the games is the default games fanart.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
What skin are you using? By default RCB should use fanart as background if available. When there is no fanart available it should use boxfront image. But this may vary from skin to skin how it is implemented.

Mati24 Wrote:How can I to change manually information or add on a Rom ?
Atm this can only be done via local nfo files. They are created during first scrape and may be re-imported via local nfo scraper. Not nice, but should work for most scenarios.