Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- JohnnyD2 - 2011-12-15

malte Wrote:Great! Thanks a lot! I will test if this works for me and at least add this to the wiki if it does. Maybe I could also add it as an alternative way to the script. I have to check. Especially it would be interesting if this solves the issue for people that could not use solo mode even with the explorer hack. Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Heh I've just noticed a bug in the batch file actually Laugh see the code sections below.

It specifically addresses the 'solo mode' issue - the explorer hack didn't work for me as I'm using portable mode, so I had to figure out something that did Smile

(It works because VBScript doesn't inherit the file locks of the parent batch file, so when the batch file exits the XBMC file locks are released (including the Log File). The VBScript then waits 1.5 seconds to give the open files a chance to fully close, then launches XBMC.)

Also as it's VBScript (so it's designed to run on XP and above) you could replace the entire batch script with a VBScript, and call the VBS directly from your python code. PM me if you'd like to chat about that.

John

Code:
Add quotes:
set XBMCLaunchCmd=%XBMC_HOME%\XBMC.exe
to
set XBMCLaunchCmd="%XBMC_HOME%\XBMC.exe"

Code:
Remove quotes:
if errorlevel 0 if not errorlevel 1 set XBMCLaunchCmd="%XBMCLaunchCmd%" -p
to
if errorlevel 0 if not errorlevel 1 set XBMCLaunchCmd=%XBMCLaunchCmd% -p

- Siferon - 2011-12-15

Tnx already for this Great script.

I'm trying to install it myself and just started with my compleet collection. As that was a fail i'm now trying it 1 emulator @ the time but i keep getting script error msg

here is what i do now
1: pick online info
2: select emulator exe and rom path
3: press no to the add more question
4: launch RCB

at that moment i get the scrip error msg
you can find my compleet XBMC log file + the config file on
[url=http://users.telenet.be/Siferon/RCB/][/url]

I have no idee why it doesn't work, i'm using Project64 to run the roms and that works when i run them from within windows. It must be somthing i do wrong with the script but no idee what.

All help appreciated

Greetings Siferon

- blinken - 2011-12-15

A strange problem just appeared out of nowhere.

Whenever I view the info for a rom, the info closes and the selected game resets to the first of the list.

I also cannot access the settings panel, when I do, it closes after a second and brings me to the first rom in the list. Any ideas?

- malte - 2011-12-16

Siferon Wrote:at that moment i get the scrip error msg
you can find my compleet XBMC log file + the config file on
I guess there is something missing in your post. Where can I find your config and log?

EDIT: Ok, just found it on my issues page.

blinken Wrote:A strange problem just appeared out of nowhere.

Whenever I view the info for a rom, the info closes and the selected game resets to the first of the list.

I also cannot access the settings panel, when I do, it closes after a second and brings me to the first rom in the list. Any ideas?
Sounds like a problem I had with the Aeon MQ3 skin when RCB and Aeon MQ3 version did not match together (and I used video playback in the script). If you use Aeon MQ3 and you use videos in your setup make sure that you use Aeon MQ 3 version 1.1.2 and RCB version 0.9.6. This should fix the problem.

If this is not the case please show me your log file. I have to check what is going on.

- Siferon - 2011-12-16

Sorry Malte,

seems that i forgot to copy paste the link ....http://users.telenet.be/Siferon/RCB/

Tnx for checking

- malte - 2011-12-16

Both files linked there are emptyBig Grin

But I guess you added issue 96 to my issues list? Check my answer over there.

- Tomkun - 2011-12-17

Hi Malte,

As I think that your skinning system has been altered recently, can I ask you to clear up a few questions?

1) In RCB, I see views 'One Big' and 'Four Small', but in the config.xml I see 'GameInfoBig', 'GameInfoBigVideo', 'GameInfoSmall' and 'GameInfoSmallVideo'.

How do these relate and are any or all of them obsolete now?

2) I am using the 'Night' skin currently but it seems to be ignoring any settings I change in the config.xml regarding 3D boxart, i.e, it will only use the BoxFront, whatever I do. Is this normal behaviour?

- malte - 2011-12-17

Tomkun Wrote:1) In RCB, I see views 'One Big' and 'Four Small', but in the config.xml I see 'GameInfoBig', 'GameInfoBigVideo', 'GameInfoSmall' and 'GameInfoSmallVideo'.

How do these relate and are any or all of them obsolete now?
Sorry, I wanted to explain this with the release post but I forgot about it. Thanks for asking. "One big" is "gameinfobig" and "Four small" is "gameinfosmall". In previous versions there also was "One big + video" and "Three small + video", that was the same as "gameinfobigVideo" and "gameinfosmallVideo". Before version 0.9.5 video playback was started from the script in python code. And the script checked if the user had selected one of the "...Video"-views (or to be more detailed: if the view contained one of the "fileTypeForMainViewVideoWindow..." options). With version 0.9.5 this mechanism was replaced with video playback being started by the skin. And the skin can now just checks if the option "autoplayback video" is set or not. So the "...Video"-options became obsolet and can be removed completely from config.xml (RCB actively ignores them when building the list in Edit Rom Collection dialog). I did not want to remove them automatically from config.xml because maybe some users already tweaked these options and should be able to move their changes to the remaining configuration options.

Tomkun Wrote:2) I am using the 'Night' skin currently but it seems to be ignoring any settings I change in the config.xml regarding 3D boxart, i.e, it will only use the BoxFront, whatever I do. Is this normal behaviour?
Yes, Night skin unfortunately ignores these settings atm. I was happy enough that a skinner took the time to build a skin for RCB that I did not want to annoy mcborzu with these details. But now that I somehow started to maintain the skin files myself I want to add these features in the future, too. I already started with video playback as you have noticed already.

- st graveyard - 2011-12-17

Hello RCB'ers, Malte,

I'm a beginner with RCB. I'm using a nightly build in WIN7 with AEON MQ3. The RCB plugin looks fantastic but ...

I'm a fan of keeping my data nicely stored on my HDs. When importing and scraping my collection, RCB created nfo files per game, and stores them in the rom folder. I placed them nicely in a description folder and deleted the collection in RCB. Now I'm trying to import my collection again using the nfo files, but for the love of god, I can not add the info (the screenshots and boxes do work). I think I don't have a good parser. But I'm not a technical guy. I download the _parserConfig.xml from the RCB google site. Does this one not work with the standard nfo files created by RCB?

I think this is a really really stupid beginners question, but I've searched a bit on this thread, read the wiki (it is explained how to create a parser) but I can't find the solution.

Any idea?

This is an example of a game.nfo file created by RCB :

Quote:<game>
<title>The Adventures of Batman &amp; Robin</title>
<originalTitle />
<alternateTitle />
<platform>Genesis</platform>
<plot>For the most part, is an action-adventure platformer in which the player only controls Batman, and follows him to the end of each stage, where a villain is set to appear. However, the style and design of the stages themselves are different between each other, which gives notable diversity to the game.</plot>
<publisher>SEGA Enterprises Ltd.</publisher>
<developer>Clockwork Tortoise Inc.</developer>
<year>1994</year>
<genre>Action</genre>
<detailUrl />
<maxPlayer />
<region />
<media />
<perspective />
<controller />
<version />
<rating />
<votes />
</game>

Another question, in the config of RCB you can choose a skin, but I don't see the option for MQ3, only confluence, night and some others. Is that normal?

Thanks already for reading and sorry if this is a stupid stupid question.

Grave

- Elviguiero - 2011-12-17

@st graveyard:
In your config.xml, have you set your rom collection scraper to local nfo?
You can also read this if not already.

About MQ3, the RCB skin files are shipped with MQ3 (afaik), not with the script, so it's only avalaible for those who use MQ3, that's why you don't see it in the options.
So yes, it's normal.

- malte - 2011-12-17

@st graveyard:
No stupid questions, don't worrySmile

1. The problem is, that the local nfo scraper always searches the nfo files next to the roms. There is no way to tell him another path to your nfo files atm. But thats a good point for a later release. The parserconfig that you can download from RCBs site only works together with the description files that are shipped together with the parser (originally these are the desc files from emuxtras).

What you could do to import your nfo files from anywhere you want:
Use the parserconfig from RCBs home directory "resources\scraper\00 - local nfo.xml" and create your own offline scraper (see Elviguieros link for more details).

2. Like Elviguiero said.

Thanks for the quick reply to the both of you.

I will try this tomorrow when I have some free time.

I'm sure I have more questions Malte. Maybe, like you mentioned, a first little request from me in a future update is the ability to store the info files in a dir other than the one where the rom files are.

Thanks again, I will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Grave

- malte - 2011-12-17

New version available: 0.9.7

List of changes:

General:
  • bugfix: loading skin files with PAL resolution might have failed
Browse Games:
  • bugfix: imageplacing option "Four small" did not work in Eden

Just a little bugfix release on the way to make this the new stable version. If nobody complains in the next days this one should go to the repo.

Previous version: 0.9.6

Hey Malte, Elviguiero,

I gave it a try. My local info scraper is setup ok.

As you can see, I copied the 00 - local nfo.xml to my parser dir :

Then I do an import with these settings :

The result :

My import game data options :

Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Grave

- Elviguiero - 2011-12-17

I might be totally wrong, but it could be a problem in your nfo.
may be a character encoding issue, but that would be weird as they were created by RCB. I had quite the same problem, but i make my NFO myself, no scraper (yes, i'm crazy), so it was not a big surprise and easily fixable.
Do you have something relevant in your log?