Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- malte - 2012-01-04

LAW-Mastermind Wrote:Another issue i´ve found, is that i can´t add videos after i´ve already added games, i have to delete the whole collection and create a new one, already read it in the thread, just second that issue.
Hmmm, I thought I fixed a bug related to this issue in release 0.9.6. Did you use the "local artwork" scraper to add the videos?

Would be great if you could give me some more input what you have done when it was not working. I have to check if there is another bug that I missed.

- LAW-Mastermind - 2012-01-06

You know what i found another bug :-( when using solo mode xbmc does not start again, i have to start it again. Then xbmc starts and goes straight to rcb

- malte - 2012-01-06

I am quite confident that this should be no bug. Did you check the points mentioned in the wiki: execute permissions of applaunch.sh (Linux) or the command to invoke XBMC at the end of applaunch.bat (Windows)?

- LAW-Mastermind - 2012-01-06

Changed the command to start XBMC again, but the problem is now, that it starts the game and restarts xbmc before the game quits Sad

- malte - 2012-01-06

Never heard of such an issue. Could you please show me your config.xml, applaunch.bat and xbmc.log? Best would be to have all as pastebin links. So I can check if there is a bug in the script or a configuration error. Thanks!

- LAW-Mastermind - 2012-01-07

OK, now everything works as expected Smile
The problem is, that you can´t use the links in the game explorer, windows provides.
You have to make links to the executables.

- Buff - 2012-01-08

Hi, wondered if someone could help?

I've recently started using RCB on Eden with Transparency skin under Windows 7. Imported games fine etc... all looks good and plays games fine, but I can't use the back button on my MCE remote to get out of RCB back into the main XBMC menus - the back button works fine throughout the rest of XBMC - I have to use either the mouse right button or the escape key on the keyboard.

Any ideas to get the back button to work? Many thanks

- Tomkun - 2012-01-08

Buff Wrote:Hi, wondered if someone could help?

I've recently started using RCB on Eden with Transparency skin under Windows 7. Imported games fine etc... all looks good and plays games fine, but I can't use the back button on my MCE remote to get out of RCB back into the main XBMC menus - the back button works fine throughout the rest of XBMC - I have to use either the mouse right button or the escape key on the keyboard.

Any ideas to get the back button to work? Many thanks

I also have the same trouble. Malte is aware of it and has said that he will try to fix it.

In the meantime, you can use the esc key on the keyboard.

- malte - 2012-01-08

@Tomkun, Buff: I already went through XBMC's Key.h and mapped all actions that are in any kind related to a close or back event. On my remote it works with the "Exit" button and on my keyboard also with "Backspace". I have no dedicated "Back" button on my remote.

Could you please check your xbmc.log which action is mapped to your "Back" button? There must be a line like this in xbmc.log: "RCB_INFO: onAction: X". I need to know what X is when you press the button.

- Tomkun - 2012-01-08

malte Wrote:@Tomkun, Buff: I already went through XBMC's Key.h and mapped all actions that are in any kind related to a close or back event. On my remote it works with the "Exit" button and on my keyboard also with "Backspace". I have no dedicated "Back" button on my remote.

Could you please check your xbmc.log which action is mapped to your "Back" button? There must be a line like this in xbmc.log: "RCB_INFO: onAction: X". I need to know what X is when you press the button.

On my PC, the backspace key and remote 'back' key do not work to exit the script.
In the log I get this with both:
Code:
19:57:50 T:5884  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 92

I use a Japanese keyboard, so I don't know if that makes a diffference but it works everywhere else. Afterwards though, I get this line:

Code:
19:57:51 T:5884  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: onAction: 0
19:57:51 T:5884  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: actionId == 0. Input ignored

I'm not pressing any other keys, so I don't know what is firing that event.

- malte - 2012-01-08

92 is not even listed in key.h. You could try to add it on your own and report me if this helps. I will add it to the next release then.

Go to "RCB dir\resources\lib\gui.py" and add 92 to the EXIT or CANCEL-action ids. You will find them on line 18:

Code:
ACTION_EXIT_SCRIPT = (10,)
ACTION_CANCEL_DIALOG = ACTION_EXIT_SCRIPT + (9,51,110)

Your modified version could look like this:
Code:
ACTION_EXIT_SCRIPT = (10,92)
ACTION_CANCEL_DIALOG = ACTION_EXIT_SCRIPT + (9,51,110)

About the second event: I have read this sometimes that some remotes, controllers or mapping applications fire this second event with id 0. That is why I added an extra statement to ignore this input. No idea where it comes from or if there is a way to suppress it.

- Buff - 2012-01-08

Thanks for your help with this Malte - I haven't had a chance to look at the log, had a bit of a mare with my remote; rebooted my htpc and the remote wasn't working on anything (XBMC, WMC etc...) - probably due to me trying to use eventghost and failing miserably.

Reinstalled drivers and mceremote and most is fine now (apart from windows button, not doing what it should!), but bizarely RBC has been uninstalled, not sure how that happened, and I haven't reinstalled as yet.

Will have another go tomorrow and let you know if the same problem arises.

Cheers

- st graveyard - 2012-01-08

Hello Malte,

I'm using RCB again and noticed that the publisher and developer info is never saved in the nfo files? Why is that? I'm using mobygames as craper, then giantbomb and then the VG scraper. I think this is because I'm using mobygames now (I jsut like their game descriptions) ? because in my old nfo files I had this info. However, the publisher and developer are put nicely on screen, but not in the file. So if I re import using the files, this data is lost. Any idea? Am I missing something?

thanks,
Grave

- Tomkun - 2012-01-09

malte Wrote:92 is not even listed in key.h. You could try to add it on your own and report me if this helps. I will add it to the next release then.

Is this not it?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/xbmc/guilib/Key.h#L186

I find the whole keymap thing very confusing.

- malte - 2012-01-09

st graveyard Wrote:I'm using RCB again and noticed that the publisher and developer info is never saved in the nfo files? Why is that? I'm using mobygames as craper, then giantbomb and then the VG scraper. I think this is because I'm using mobygames now (I jsut like their game descriptions) ? because in my old nfo files I had this info. However, the publisher and developer are put nicely on screen, but not in the file. So if I re import using the files, this data is lost. Any idea? Am I missing something?
You are right. Sorry, this is a bug. I will fix it in the next release and could also add an option to export local database to nfo files. This was on my list anyway but now I will make it a higher priority.

Tomkun Wrote:Is this not it?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/ma...lib/Key.h#L186

I find the whole keymap thing very confusing.
Yes, it is. For some reason it is not in my latest version that I downloaded from git (some weeks ago). Ok, so I will add the 92 in the next release. In the meantime you could add it yourself to fix this issue. Thanks for helping out.