Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

- st graveyard - 2012-01-09

Hi Malte,

Thanks, can't wait for the new release ;-)
Another suggestion. Maybe adding to option to scrape for individual games in the list after a whole scraping session?

Cheers,
Grave

- malte - 2012-01-10

Don't hold your breath, it may take some time until I can get on this. But I hope it will not be too long. Maybe I can manage to make a quick bugfix release before I start working on other features.

Yes, individual scraping is also planned. Again, time is short these daysSmile

- st graveyard - 2012-01-10

No problem Malte, take your time. I'm gratefull for the tool you create.

I'll wait till the scrape bug is solved before I continue ...

Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Grave

- SomeBaudy - 2012-01-10

I had tried to run Eden Beta 1 for a couple of days, but it kept segfaulting on me. Anyways, a segfault occurred in the midst of an RCB import. I went back to XBMC 10.1, but now every time I try to open RCB, it complains that it's canceling an import. I looked around, but I didn't see anything that was obviously a lock file. How do I get RCB to let me back in?

RCB Won't import MAME Roms - djearl81 - 2012-01-10

Hello,

First post in the Forum, please guide me to the right place. I'm using a nightly build of Eden with the RCB add on. Huge fan of both programs by the way. I've been able to successfully import Atari, NES, and Genesis Roms. However, when I try to import MAME roms they don't get imported. The log file states that the <game>.nfo file can't be found. I can play the games just fine going through Mame itself.

I've got my XBMC log file and would like to work through the issue with anyone willing to help. Would you guide me to the right place please?

Thanks!

Here's a few portions of the log file in case I am in the right spot.

15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Dec 2 2011 (Git:20111201-58b7b24, compiler 1600)
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: AMD Phenom™ II X4 840 Processor
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: Desktop Resolution: 1280x768 32Bit at 85Hz
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: Running with administrator rights
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: Aero is enabled
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: F:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: F:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: F:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: F:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: F:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: The executable running is: F:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: Log File is located: F:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log
15:12:39 T:1424 NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------

15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: basename: *.zip
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checking sub directories
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Files read: [u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\dday.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\dkong.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\dkongjr.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\galmidw.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\ikari.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\invaders.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\karnov.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\ldrun.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\mspacman.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\ssrdrabd.zip', u'B:\\Emulators\\Mame\\roms\\zaxxon.zip']
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: B:\Emulators\Mame\roms\dday.zip
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): dday.zip
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): dday
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Start scraping info for game: dday
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using scraper: maws.mameworld.info
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: description file (tokens replaced): http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/dday
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Encoding: iso-8859-1
15:12:53 T:1424 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block F:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: an error occured while parsing game description: http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/dday
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: No match found for "title</td>" (at char 381), (line:9, col:2)
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using scraper: local nfo
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Romdir: B:\Emulators\Mame\roms
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Using nfoFile: B:\Emulators\Mame\roms\dday.nfo
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: description file for game dday could not be found. Check if this path exists: B:\Emulators\Mame\roms\dday.nfo
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: No description found for game "dday". Game will not be imported.
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current rom file: B:\Emulators\Mame\roms\dkong.zip
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (file): dkong.zip
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: gamename (friendly): dkong
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Start scraping info for game: dkong
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using scraper: maws.mameworld.info
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: description file (tokens replaced): http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/dkong
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Encoding: iso-8859-1
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: an error occured while parsing game description: http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/dkong
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: No match found for "title</td>" (at char 381), (line:9, col:2)
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: using scraper: local nfo
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Romdir: B:\Emulators\Mame\roms
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Using nfoFile: B:\Emulators\Mame\roms\dkong.nfo
15:12:53 T:4036 NOTICE: RCB_WARNING: description file for game dkong could not be found. Check if this path exists: B:\Emulators\Mame\roms\dkong.nfo

- malte - 2012-01-10

SomeBaudy Wrote:I had tried to run Eden Beta 1 for a couple of days, but it kept segfaulting on me. Anyways, a segfault occurred in the midst of an RCB import. I went back to XBMC 10.1, but now every time I try to open RCB, it complains that it's canceling an import. I looked around, but I didn't see anything that was obviously a lock file. How do I get RCB to let me back in?

Damn. I really have to make this mechanism more safe. Please check the file "settings.xml" in "XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser" and set "rcb_scrapeOnStartupAction" to "nothing" or delete the file completely. This should fix the problem.

Do you still know the exact error message on Eden? Maybe I can fix this, too.

- malte - 2012-01-10

djearl81 Wrote:However, when I try to import MAME roms they don't get imported. The log file states that the <game>.nfo file can't be found.
Problem is, that the MAWS site is down atm (that is the place where RCB gets MAME data from). The .nfo files won't work if you did not scrape data online before.

Only alternative using RCB with MAME atm is to use offline game information that you find here.

Import of images can be done like import of videos as described here.

Sorry, this information is not very handy atm. I have to write a little guide how to work around the MAWS outage but I am lacking the time to do so.

- SomeBaudy - 2012-01-10

malte Wrote:Damn. I really have to make this mechanism more safe. Please check the file "settings.xml" in "XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser" and set "rcb_scrapeOnStartupAction" to "nothing" or delete the file completely. This should fix the problem.

Thank you, I will try this when I get back home tonight.

malte Wrote:Do you still know the exact error message on Eden? Maybe I can fix this, too.

Oh, the error was not an RCB issue. I set RCB up to import all games on startup so that I could let it run all day while listening to music. XBMC started up just fine, and RCB started to import a-okay.

However, when I went to select a Music Source XBMC segfaulted. At that point I was so annoyed with Eden's instability (it was not the first time...) that I purged it.

Backup? - Alceste - 2012-01-13

Settinng up my roms I had to dig deep into this topic, but as time goes by I forgot everything Wink Is there a way to backup the scraped Information, since as I remember it took ages. I need to know, as I am about to reinstall Windows on my HTPC and thus also XBMC.

- malte - 2012-01-14

Just backup your complete RCB folder under XBMC userdata/addon_data. This holds your complete config (config.xml, settings.xml) and database (MyGames.db). Also you will need your complete rom and artwork folders of course. If you place your roms and artwork at the exact same location on the new system everything should work again.

If you want to move your rom collection to another place you could also check if RCB created local nfo files next to your roms. With this nfo files you can use the "local nfo" scraper. This will use the local files instead of scraping everything again.

In next release there should also be an option to export your nfo files on demand. But this will take some more days until I have time to work on it.

- st graveyard - 2012-01-14

I'm looking forward to this release Malte. Better import/export features will make RCB even better Wink

RCB fresh install, script failed at start - jenesuis - 2012-01-15

Hello,

I've installed RCB 0.9.7 on XBMC Dharma.
The script failed as I tried to run it on the first use.

This is out of my knowledge Smile

here is the log :
http://pastebin.com/k5UYqB2g

Any help would be very appreciated.

First Use - DarkStranger - 2012-01-15

Hi all

I am trying to setup Rom Collection Browser for the first time.

I have followed the walktrough from youtube.

The only change from the tutorial is that I have *.7z files and not *.zip files.

When I have added my info and wants to import. it does not find any games?

Is there someting obvious/noob I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

DS

Sorry If this is a repost of an earlier question.

- malte - 2012-01-15

jenesuis Wrote:I've installed RCB 0.9.7 on XBMC Dharma.
The script failed as I tried to run it on the first use.
Usually the reference to ElementTree should be resolved automatically by XBMC as this is a common module that many addons use. No idea why this is not working for you.

You could try it with the version that I provide on RCBs homepage: link. This already includes the required libraries.

DarkStranger Wrote:The only change from the tutorial is that I have *.7z files and not *.zip files.

When I have added my info and wants to import. it does not find any games?

Is there someting obvious/noob I am doing wrong?
Should be no problem to import 7z-files. Can you show me your log file? Maybe I can see what happens during import.

Note that launching .7z games may not work on Eden-pre. There is still a problem with uncompatible 7z-libraries that I have to fix.

works! - User 112893 - 2012-01-16

AZ_Man82 Wrote:Hello all, I wasn't able to find this info anywhere, so I thought I'd post it. It may already be posted for all I know...
I ran into a problem with Project64 1.6 (Windows 7) where I would get an "Unable to open file" error when I attempted to run games from RCB. This would not happen when I opened my files from P64 itself.
To get Project64 1.6 to open your roms correctly, you must get rid of the quotes around "%ROM%" in the emulator params field. This will allow Project64 to correctly see the rom name.
Hope this helps someone out there!

Thanks! That worked perfectly!