Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - WeirdH - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 07:40)malte Wrote: Strange. Of course you need the mame.exe part. Otherwise Windows will not know which program to launch as emulator. So, what does your emupath looks like atm? Maybe I just don't understand it. But anyway, glad that its workingSmile

When RCB asked for the emu path, I previously pointed it to C:\blablabla\MAME\mame.exe (the file) --> not working
Yesterday, I selected C:\blablabla\MAME\ as emu path, NOT clicking the mame.exe file, rather just OK'ing out of the folder --> everything works

As mame.exe is the only executable in there, I reckon Windows/XBMC/RCB just knows what to do..?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-02, 23:44)WeirdH Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 07:40)malte Wrote: Strange. Of course you need the mame.exe part. Otherwise Windows will not know which program to launch as emulator. So, what does your emupath looks like atm? Maybe I just don't understand it. But anyway, glad that its workingSmile

When RCB asked for the emu path, I previously pointed it to C:\blablabla\MAME\mame.exe (the file) --> not working
Yesterday, I selected C:\blablabla\MAME\ as emu path, NOT clicking the mame.exe file, rather just OK'ing out of the folder --> everything works

As mame.exe is the only executable in there, I reckon Windows/XBMC/RCB just knows what to do..?
I still can't believe thisSmile. I even think it should not be possible NOT to select any file in this dialog. Could you please show me a log file again after you launched a game? I would like to compare it with one of the last logs when it did not launch the games. Just want to understand whats going on.

I am setting up my new HTPC with all emulators and will also try to get MAME up and running in the next days. So I will see if I run into similar issues.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Tomkun - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 08:49)malte Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 23:44)WeirdH Wrote:

I still can't believe thisSmile. I even think it should not be possible NOT to select any file in this dialog. Could you please show me a log file again after you launched a game? I would like to compare it with one of the last logs when it did not launch the games. Just want to understand whats going on.

I am setting up my new HTPC with all emulators and will also try to get MAME up and running in the next days. So I will see if I run into similar issues.

@malte Not so unbelievable actually! I had the same problem a few months ago setting up Amiga games. I don't know the exact cause but it happened when I upgraded to a new version. An uninstall/reinstall fixed it and I could keep my config.xml so only had to re-import games.

@WeirdH Have you upgraded RCB recently? I suspect that might be the culprit. Try uninstalling and deleting all the files (you can keep your config.xml) then reinstalling the latest version.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - WeirdH - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 08:49)malte Wrote: I still can't believe thisSmile. I even think it should not be possible NOT to select any file in this dialog. Could you please show me a log file again after you launched a game? I would like to compare it with one of the last logs when it did not launch the games. Just want to understand whats going on.

You're right, you actually have to highlight a file, or the OK button will be grayed out. I did some more testing today, and it happens like this:

Scenario 1: On selecting 'emu path', I browse to mame.exe and press OK on my remote to select the file --> end result = nothing from MAME works in RCB

Scenario 2: On selecting 'emu path', I browse to mame.exe and press left on my remote to highlight the OK button in XBMC. I press OK on my remote to select the OK button in XBMC --> everything works like a charm

Also, I specified all my full paths in mame.ini, and I must launch from RCB using the -inipath option.

(2012-04-03, 12:09)Tomkun Wrote: @WeirdH Have you upgraded RCB recently? I suspect that might be the culprit. Try uninstalling and deleting all the files (you can keep your config.xml) then reinstalling the latest version.

No updates, it's my first install of RCB... But I've got it working now, thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-04-04

There's any way to turn off the "First 10 games could not be imported. Continue anyway?" warning ?
I have a big retro games collection and everytime I try to update importing all collections I get stuck by this warning because it repeats on and on.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ThermoNuclearZ - 2012-04-05

Hello everyone, I'm really happy with ROM Collection Browser, just one issue. When I run XBMC in any skin other then Confluence, RCB will no longer play back video previews of the ROMs (in any RCB skin) particularly with either Night or Neon in either Dharma or Eden. On the other hand when I'm in Confluence everything works great (in any of RCB's skins including night). Please help! Thanks (-: !!!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-04-05

Maleficium Wrote:There's any way to turn off the "First 10 games could not be imported. Continue anyway?" warning ?
I have a big retro games collection and everytime I try to update importing all collections I get stuck by this warning because it repeats on and on.
Sorry, not atm. I could add this as an option in the next release. But this will take some time as I don't have a running dev environment these days. I guess it will need 1-2 more weeks to be back in business.

ThermoNuclearZ Wrote:When I run XBMC in any skin other then Confluence, RCB will no longer play back video previews of the ROMs (in any RCB skin) particularly with either Night or Neon in either Dharma or Eden. On the other hand when I'm in Confluence everything works great (in any of RCB's skins including night).
I have to check this. I was sure this should work. As said above, I need some time to get back on this.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 04:27)ThermoNuclearZ Wrote: Hello everyone, I'm really happy with ROM Collection Browser, just one issue. When I run XBMC in any skin other then Confluence, RCB will no longer play back video previews of the ROMs (in any RCB skin) particularly with either Night or Neon in either Dharma or Eden. On the other hand when I'm in Confluence everything works great (in any of RCB's skins including night). Please help! Thanks (-: !!!

This works perfectly for me in confluence and MQ3.

Problems with Path to Emulator - Strusi - 2012-04-06

Hi,

I've got a little issue that was asked before but not answered. Couldn't find a resolution elsewhere, too. Hope i wasn't just to dumb search correctly ;-)

So here is what's bugging me:
I installed the addon and the service. When I try to add a rom collection I can't change the path to the emulator after selecting the one i want to use.
The only option is a path to my fanarts i set in the video section. But all the other paths i've set so far arent there either, just this one :/

Using XBMC on Win7-x64. All Files, Database and settings are stored on my nas.

Greetings

Strusi

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Buff - 2012-04-06

(2012-03-23, 17:36)malte Wrote: @Buff: This is related to RCBs solo-mode. It looks like you used solo mode (which will close XBMC before launching a game and starts RCB on next XBMC launch) and RCB had problems to set the correct flag after it was first launched. On Dharma: Check your userdata folder for a file autoexec.py and delete it. On Eden: Check RCBs userdata folder and delete the file settings.xml.

If you already made changes to one of these files that you don't want to loose, let me know and I can give more detailed explanation on how to get rid of RCBs restart mechanism.

Malte,

Many thanks for your reply a couple of weeks back, apologies for the time taken to try this out - unfortunately, on boot up, XBMC still automatically goes into RCB. I'm using Eden, so I deleted the settings.xml file in appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata/addons_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/ - is this the correct one?

None of my collections are set up to use solo mode. Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-04-06

Strusi Wrote:I installed the addon and the service. When I try to add a rom collection I can't change the path to the emulator after selecting the one i want to use.
The only option is a path to my fanarts i set in the video section. But all the other paths i've set so far arent there either, just this one :/
Did you add the paths to your games (or complete drives) in XBMCs file manager? And do you have any optical discs or virtual drives attached?

Buff Wrote:Many thanks for your reply a couple of weeks back, apologies for the time taken to try this out - unfortunately, on boot up, XBMC still automatically goes into RCB. I'm using Eden, so I deleted the settings.xml file in appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata/addons_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/ - is this the correct one?
Yes, this was the correct one. You could also try to remove RCB service addon if you don't use solo mode.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Strusi - 2012-04-07

(2012-04-06, 16:14)malte Wrote: Did you add the paths to your games (or complete drives) in XBMCs file manager? And do you have any optical discs or virtual drives attached?

Thx for the fast help. Can't actually remember that i used the file manager before (must though, because the fanart was there O_o), but that helped, i now see the right paths.

Greets

l3n0

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - tommymsw - 2012-04-10

Is there a list anywhere of compatible emulators? I installed the nintendo 64 emulator Project 64 1.6 and it does not work with this app. Says "can not load file" when the emulator starts. Emulator works fin on it's own.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Elviguiero - 2012-04-10

Quote:Is there a list anywhere of compatible emulators? I installed the nintendo 64 emulator Project 64 1.6 and it does not work with this app. Says "can not load file" when the emulator starts. Emulator works fin on it's own.

Have a look on Angelscry's website. It has good ressources for setting up emulators (including project 64, but didn't tested myself)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - onedummy - 2012-04-12

Hello.. I'm having audio issues running this program. I can load SNES roms using ZNES and the run fine without the support of audio. I'm using a Zotac ZBOXHD-ID11-U and running XBMCbuntu v 11.0. I have audio working fine during video and music playback but no audio when running ZNES. Any suggestions or diection would be greatly appreciated.

thank you! Big Grin