Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-18

e2zippo Wrote:Can you show me your xbmc.log after you tried to import the games? Maybe I can see what is going on.

Sure, here's the log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3733
You have to enable Always rescan imported games in Addon settings.

Zxurian Wrote:looking through the logs, I can see errors for RCB, but don't know how to solve them.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

XBMC Logs - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3739
Looks like there are issues with special characters in your rom names or path names (like Pokémon). Unfortunately RCB can't handle this atm.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-18, 08:34)malte Wrote:
e2zippo Wrote:Can you show me your xbmc.log after you tried to import the games? Maybe I can see what is going on.

Sure, here's the log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3733
You have to enable Always rescan imported games in Addon settings.

Ah, missed that one, movies works great now, thanks!

Just tried out interactive mode as well and it works as well, appearently the games were imported but the artwork hadn't been scraped since the names were a bit different.

One little setting solved it all Smile

Cheers malte!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - handbone - 2012-06-18

I tried installing and reinstalling RCB to fix my Emulator location. I deleted all my addon data for RCB from Appdata, but I'm not getting the first time configuration window to pop up. How do I go about changing my emulator location.

I accidently chose a Rom instead of the emulator

*Nvm. I was deleting from the addon folder. not addon_data. My mistake. Works perfectly now

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - gegy - 2012-06-18

Hello! I love this plugin so much! I use my SNES Roms with it. Here is my setup and after that my question Wink

Apple Mac Mini Running XBMC with Rom Collection Browser.
I use a Xbox 360 Controller to play.
My Snes Emulator is: ZSNES
I also use a Harmony One 885 to Control the mediacenter.

So now my question: Is there any way to exit the Emulator with my remote Control?
I always have to use the "ESC" Butto on the keyboard, but this is not a nice way i think.
Can anybody help me?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-19

handbone Wrote:I tried installing and reinstalling RCB to fix my Emulator location. I deleted all my addon data for RCB from Appdata, but I'm not getting the first time configuration window to pop up. How do I go about changing my emulator location.
You don't need to delete your config if you want to change settings. Just launch the Context Menu and select "Edit Rom Collection". More info in the wiki.

gegy Wrote:So now my question: Is there any way to exit the Emulator with my remote Control?
I always have to use the "ESC" Butto on the keyboard, but this is not a nice way i think.
You will need some additional software that maps your gamepad buttons to key presses. Not sure what is available on a Mac.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - handbone - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-19, 07:06)malte Wrote: [quote=handbone]
I tried installing and reinstalling RCB to fix my Emulator location. I deleted all my addon data for RCB from Appdata, but I'm not getting the first time configuration window to pop up. How do I go about changing my emulator location.
You don't need to delete your config if you want to change settings. Just launch the Context Menu and select "Edit Rom Collection". More info in the wiki.

It didn't allow me to do it at the time. When I accidently picked the rom and not the emulator, I went into rcb's settings in xbmc and chose that option, but nothing happened. No dialog window showed up... And the field next to it was blank. But I got it working now. I just have to set the emulator up to automatically go to my second monitor in fullscreen

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Seoras - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-17, 03:32)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-06-15, 21:43)Aubrien Wrote: So am I the only one who has compiled against the xbmc master and realized that there is no longer any sound in emulators when xbmc is running since the new audio engine puts a resource lock on the sound card? When xbmc runs by itself sound works, when emulators run by themselves sound works, but when using rcb to launch an emulator the audio device is busy since xbmc grabbed it already. I'm running under Linux.Without a fix then this addon as well as advanced launcher is pretty much broken.
Following your post I have tested Advanced Launcher with the last git versions of XBMC for Linux (20120615) and Windows (20120615) system. For both systems by keeping the old XBMC audio parameters we effectively obtain no sound from started applications. But, by changing the XBMC audio parameters, I was able to obtain again sound of started applications. If it work for Advanced Launcher , there is no reason that it will not work with RCB. There is nothing broken, just some XBMC audio parameters to change.

Could you tell me what audio parameters you had to change in order to remove the AE exclusive mode lock? Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Aubrien - 2012-06-20

Yes Angelscry, please explain how you pulled it off. I have been searching high and low for a solution for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-04, 23:35)pantherts Wrote: Rom Collection Browser - Multiple Disc Patch
By: pantherts
Just integrated this patch in SVN. Will be available with next release.

@pantherts: Thanks a lot for providing the patch! You may notice that I made some slight changes to support regular expressions. I will check your 2nd patch next.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - sealcouch - 2012-06-21

I'm on the default 1.0.1 build, I'm running Eden. I ran the wizard, when I go to launch a game from any system command prompt flashes and then closes. The emulator doesn't even open. I can't post a log right now because I'm at work. Any idea what is causing this. I've searched around to no avail.

I absolutely love this add on. I just want to get it working. :]

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pantherts - 2012-06-22

(2012-06-21, 19:14)malte Wrote:
(2012-06-04, 23:35)pantherts Wrote: Rom Collection Browser - Multiple Disc Patch
By: pantherts
Just integrated this patch in SVN. Will be available with next release.

@pantherts: Thanks a lot for providing the patch! You may notice that I made some slight changes to support regular expressions. I will check your 2nd patch next.

No problem! Happy to help out. I may still take you up on your offer of helping out but am still working on brushing up on my Python skills. I may take a stab at some things and continue releasing patches here and there in the meantime. Thanks again for this plugin and all your work!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-22

sealcouch Wrote:I'm on the default 1.0.1 build, I'm running Eden. I ran the wizard, when I go to launch a game from any system command prompt flashes and then closes. The emulator doesn't even open. I can't post a log right now because I'm at work. Any idea what is causing this. I've searched around to no avail.
Common errors are that you messed up your launch parameters or that you did not configure the emulator properly. It will help to see a log file as it shows what comand is used to invoke the emulator. Maybe you see the problem yourself when checking the log. If not, just post it here and I will have a look.

Did you try to run the emu outside of XBMC?

pantherts Wrote:No problem! Happy to help out. I may still take you up on your offer of helping out but am still working on brushing up on my Python skills. I may take a stab at some things and continue releasing patches here and there in the meantime. Thanks again for this plugin and all your work!
Happy about every helping hand. Just let me know if you start working on anything that we don't take up the same tasks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - fnaah - 2012-06-22

Hi! quick q, i've installed the addon, but was getting the "first 10 games did not import", so followed the steps from an earlier post:

1. Download the patch file here: IgnoreOnErrorPatch
2. Browse to C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib
3. Create a backup of dbupdate.py and dbupdate.pyo
4. Unzip files from patch into directory.
5. Give it a try and if a rom collection does present the 'First 10 games error' it should ask you what you'd like to do.

... except i'm running ubuntu, so i found the relevant folder, and extracted stuff there. However, I noticed the patch .pyo file didn't match, so renamed it .pyc - but this didn't work. The "import games" screen now just hangs, (relevant bit of xbmc log here: www.pastebin.com/tRUGDDpn ) - I'm assuming the patch only works on windows systems? Would it be possible to get a patch for linux?
... or is this a path issue, as reported here:

http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/issues/detail?id=102

... note that my path has a hidden directory in it (/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons.. .etc), could this be throwing it out?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-22

There seems to be a version mismatch between the patch and the RCB version you are using. You need to get latest RCB test version (1.0.4) before you apply the patch.

You don't need to replace .pyo or .pyc files. They will be created dynamically when launching the script for the first time.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - fnaah - 2012-06-22

oh sweet, thanks, it's happily chugging away importing roms now. Big Grin I'm not that familiar with the xbmc plugin scene, why doesn't the latest version get downloaded when you install the app from xbmc?