Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - geez - 2012-06-22

(2012-06-21, 20:30)sealcouch Wrote: I'm on the default 1.0.1 build, I'm running Eden. I ran the wizard, when I go to launch a game from any system command prompt flashes and then closes. The emulator doesn't even open. I can't post a log right now because I'm at work. Any idea what is causing this. I've searched around to no avail.

I absolutely love this add on. I just want to get it working. :]

I have the exact same problem. Please help...geez. lol

In the log for CMD: Looks like it's adding double slashes on paths?
Like this.. cmd: call "C\:\\Downloads\\games\\snes\\zsnesw151\\zsnesw\.exe"
..and there is one slash before the .exe That isn't correct is it? How do I fix that?
Thanks for anyone that can help us. It's really driving me insane.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-22

fnaah Wrote:I'm not that familiar with the xbmc plugin scene, why doesn't the latest version get downloaded when you install the app from xbmc?
Because I did not add the latest version to the official XBMC repository. I often do test releases to test new features here in the forum before everything is stable enough and well documented to go into the repo.

geez Wrote:I have the exact same problem. Please help...geez. lol

..and there is one slash before the .exe That isn't correct is it? How do I fix that?
Check if Escape Emulator Cmd is enabled.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - geez - 2012-06-22

(2012-06-22, 19:12)malte Wrote:
geez Wrote:I have the exact same problem. Please help...geez. lol

Check if Escape Emulator Cmd is enabled.

Thanks! That did it! Escape Emulator Cmd was selected?(blue dot) I unselected it (gray dot), and now its launching games. lol nice.
I know I've done tried that before. lol. Guess I had wrong params then I guess.
Although I see xbmc will sometimes lockup in window mode upon exiting zsnes. But sometime it doesn't. Oh well.. at least it launches now. lol
Dang, my xbmc wifi phone remote doesn't work I see for zsnes. Oh well. I'll have to get a wifi mouse app or something.
Emu Params: "%rom%" with the quotes. and the save path set in xbmc and in zsnes.
Thanks for the help. Smile

Edit: Found Wifipad...for wifi zsnes ios remote. Free in app store. Get server at wifipad dot com. Has snes skin too.
Although I found it extremely difficult to play when you can't feel the buttons. LOL!
It's best to just get a real controller. lol

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Zxurian - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-18, 08:34)malte Wrote:
Zxurian Wrote:looking through the logs, I can see errors for RCB, but don't know how to solve them.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

XBMC Logs - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3739
Looks like there are issues with special characters in your rom names or path names (like Pokémon). Unfortunately RCB can't handle this atm.

so on that subject, is there a way to tell what file it's crashing out on, or at the very least, what characters I should be looking for? (ie. are question marks, dashes, commas, etc.. allowed?)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-23

Zxurian Wrote:so on that subject, is there a way to tell what file it's crashing out on, or at the very least, what characters I should be looking for? (ie. are question marks, dashes, commas, etc.. allowed?)
I had some problems with [] in path names, in rom names they should be ok. All other special signs that are allowed in file names (dashes, commas, etc.) should be no problem.

A problem are characters that are not available in every language (like éáöä etc.). They fail on several systems.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-06-23

I've a problem with the images displayed in RCB. Some of my game covers wasn't displayed the way I wanted so I took some image editor and rotate them but now I can't find a way to RCB to display the new images. I tried to delete the games and rescrape offline them again without success, all covers displayed are the previous ones.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-23, 09:55)Maleficium Wrote: I've a problem with the images displayed in RCB. Some of my game covers wasn't displayed the way I wanted so I took some image editor and rotate them but now I can't find a way to RCB to display the new images. I tried to delete the games and rescrape offline them again without success, all covers displayed are the previous ones.

This is the xbmc cache and can be a real pain in the butt. I noticed it can take 2 weeks. also, pressing "i" on a game, then going to the next one and press "i" and finally go back to the previous game pressing 'i' and the new art shows up...sometimes...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-06-23

Thanks by the tip, I didn't know that "I" shortcut. It didn't solved the images displayed in the menu but it display them well in the Info Panel. Well, it seems that I have to wait some days, weeks ... Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - fnaah - 2012-06-24

... bah, so that didn't work - it went through the list of ROMs (took aaages, i've got a few roms Wink ), but no games are listed. Note that I can't get to maws.mameworld.info in a browser window, I'm guessing if that site is down, then no scrapey goodness for me? Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - gman3042 - 2012-06-24

ok.. i'm trying to load rom collection browser in one of the skins.. but it wont work.. it just keeps freezing and erroring out.. what am i doing wrong

<onclick>ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://script.games.rom.collection.browser,return)</onclick>

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-24

fnaah Wrote:... bah, so that didn't work - it went through the list of ROMs (took aaages, i've got a few roms ), but no games are listed. Note that I can't get to maws.mameworld.info in a browser window, I'm guessing if that site is down, then no scrapey goodness for me?
Yes, MAWS is down. Only way to import MAME roms with RCB is this one.

gman3042 Wrote:ok.. i'm trying to load rom collection browser in one of the skins.. but it wont work.. it just keeps freezing and erroring out.. what am i doing wrong

<onclick>ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://script.games.rom.collection.browser,return)</onclick>
What skin are you using? Most skins allow to put favorites on the home screen. Just make RCB a favorite and add it like this.

If you really need to write it yourself, this should work:
Code:
<onclick>xbmc.RunScript(C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py)</onclick>

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - st graveyard - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-23, 19:51)Maleficium Wrote: Thanks by the tip, I didn't know that "I" shortcut. It didn't solved the images displayed in the menu but it display them well in the Info Panel. Well, it seems that I have to wait some days, weeks ... Smile

Correct, in the main view it takes some time. It's annoying, but the correct images will be displayed ... eventually ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - fnaah - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-24, 09:04)malte Wrote: Yes, MAWS is down. Only way to import MAME roms with RCB is this one.

Thanks mate. Will give this a go tonight.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - oneadvent - 2012-06-25

I am trying to get a gameboy emulator that is made for RPi to work via this plugin. Now I had it KINDA working on RC1 with Raspbmc but I upgraded to RC3 and now it crashes and I can't seem to find output to know what happened. I did change the start and stop commands:
Quote:# Is XBMC running?
if [ -n $XBMC_PID ]
then
kill $XBMC_PID # Shutdown nice
initctl stop xbmc
echo "Shutdown nice"
else
echo "This script should only be run from within XBMC."
exit
fi

# Wait for the kill
# sleep

# Is XBMC still running?
if [ -n $XBMC_PID ]
then
kill -9 $XBMC_PID # Force immediate kill
echo "Shutdown hard"
fi

echo "$@"

# Launch app - escaped!
"$@"

# SOMETIMES xbmc starts too fast, and on some hardware if there is still a millisecond of sound being used, XBMC starts witout sound and some emulators say there is a problem with the sound hardware. If so, remove comment:
#sleep 1

# Done? Restart XBMC
$initctl start xbmc &

These commands work manually no problem. I'm not sure why there needs to be a "$" in front of the start though.

and here is the xbmc.log, I tried it 3 times (at the end of the file): http://paste2.org/p/2059613

Just in case I added "sudo" to those commands and I think raspbmc restarts, here is the pastebin from that:
http://paste2.org/p/2059630

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-25

oneadvent Wrote:I am trying to get a gameboy emulator that is made for RPi to work via this plugin. Now I had it KINDA working on RC1 with Raspbmc but I upgraded to RC3 and now it crashes and I can't seem to find output to know what happened.
What exactly crashes? XBMC, RCB or the emulator?

From the log I can't see any errors. It just looks like the emulator is not launched. But you don't use the above file. You need to activate solo mode for this emulator to make sure the file applaunch.sh gets executed. Maybe this is the error?

In applaunch.sh you do not need the $ before the start command. This was just used in the original file to resolve the variable XBMC_BIN. Also if the above file is your complete applaunch.sh you are missing the part where XBMC_BIN and XBMC_PID are initialized.

To find out why it is not working without applaunch.sh you could try to run this command from a shell:
Code:
"/home/pi/emulator/gcat-gameboy-1.0/gameboy" "/home/pi/emulator/gcat-gameboy-1.0/ROMS/Super Mario Land.gb"
This should give you some output to the shell.