Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - fnaah - 2012-06-25

aww man, a win32 binary? annoying :/

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-25, 07:57)fnaah Wrote: aww man, a win32 binary? annoying :/
?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - fnaah - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-25, 08:19)malte Wrote:
?

... the emumovies download utility. Ima have to copy my roms across to the 'doze box, run the util, then copy/pasta the downloaded files back to my linux box. Fun times! Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-25, 08:23)fnaah Wrote:
(2012-06-25, 08:19)malte Wrote:
?

... the emumovies download utility. Ima have to copy my roms across to the 'doze box, run the util, then copy/pasta the downloaded files back to my linux box. Fun times! Tongue
Ah, ok. Sorry, this is not my domain. But I am afraid there will be no linux version of this tool.

I guess I have to take a look at one of the MAWS alternatives...

yeh, gonna be a slow process too, the free version of that site only lets you download 250Mb/day of non-video files, and so far it's looking like i'll use that just for snaps.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - oneadvent - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-25, 07:31)malte Wrote:
oneadvent Wrote:I am trying to get a gameboy emulator that is made for RPi to work via this plugin. Now I had it KINDA working on RC1 with Raspbmc but I upgraded to RC3 and now it crashes and I can't seem to find output to know what happened.
What exactly crashes? XBMC, RCB or the emulator?

From the log I can't see any errors. It just looks like the emulator is not launched. But you don't use the above file. You need to activate solo mode for this emulator to make sure the file applaunch.sh gets executed. Maybe this is the error?

In applaunch.sh you do not need the $ before the start command. This was just used in the original file to resolve the variable XBMC_BIN. Also if the above file is your complete applaunch.sh you are missing the part where XBMC_BIN and XBMC_PID are initialized.

To find out why it is not working without applaunch.sh you could try to run this command from a shell:
Code:
"/home/pi/emulator/gcat-gameboy-1.0/gameboy" "/home/pi/emulator/gcat-gameboy-1.0/ROMS/Super Mario Land.gb"
This should give you some output to the shell.

Well it seems as if xbmc is restarted. I get the Raspbmc logo and then back to the desktop. Maybe that is the first part of the script working, then it tries to emulate, fails and starts xbmc back up? What is solo mode?

I did not post the whole applaunch.sh because I didn't change the first part, I manually ran those commands and it seems to work fine.

I will try and run it manually next. Frankly I'm not sure how to get a local terminal window on Raspbmc, only SSH, but i'll figure that out and report back.

Thanks for taking a look!

oneadvent Wrote:What is solo mode?
See here.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-06-26

Hey malte,

In the last test version we have Rescrape Selection and Add Selection to Favorites, what do you think about a Delete Selection option ? It could be useful, at least I'm needing it now to make a mass delete of a certain genres of games (utilities, demos, etc) without make it one by one.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - xaviorffviii - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-11, 10:12)malte Wrote:
xaviorffviii Wrote:Is there a way to alter applaunch.sh to kill xbmc differently, like how I exit it within xbmc? I assume this would make it so it wouldn't open back up where I left off in xbmc (totally ok with it, rather have my tablet and phone beable to control my htpc), however it might be a decent quick fix till frodo comes out. I wish I could do it myself, I really hate bugging people for this kind of stuff. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me, I only know how to make basic scripts..
There is. But I am afraid it will not work with current version of RCB. But you could try it if you want to.

You have to replace this code:

Code:
# Is XBMC running?
if [ -n $XBMC_PID ]
then
    kill $XBMC_PID # Shutdown nice
    echo "Shutdown nice"
else
    echo "This script should only be run from within XBMC."
    exit
fi

# Wait for the kill
# sleep

# Is XBMC still running?
if [ -n $XBMC_PID ]
then
    kill -9 $XBMC_PID # Force immediate kill
    echo "Shutdown hard"    
fi

with this one:

Code:
# Is XBMC running?
if [ -n $XBMC_PID ]
then
    wget -q -O/dev/null --header='Content-Type: application/json' --post-data='{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Application.Quit", "id":"1"}' http://localhost/jsonrpc
    echo "Shutdown nice"
else
    echo "This script should only be run from within XBMC."
    exit
fi

This uses XBMCs json API to quit XBMC. You have to enable "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" in XBMC Settings Network/Services. Also if you are using another port than 80 or if you have set username and password you have to change the url in the above script like this:
Code:
http://user:password@localhost:port/jsonrpc

The json command itself works: even if RCB is running, XBMC will quit nicely. Problem is (at least on Windows where I tested it) that XBMC will not quit when you launched a game. RCB is waiting for the game to quit and XBMC is waiting for RCB. So all will quit when you exit the game. Not sure but maybe it behaves different on Linux, so it is worth to try.

On Windows I had some success with the above method with changing the code that launches the games. With these changes I was able to quit XBMC via json API even if RCB was waiting for the game. But I have to do some more testing and optimizing before I can release these changes.

Decided to give it a try today. Unfortunately ya it didn't work. It wouldn't close xbmc, and after closing the emulator it would open a new xbmc, so there would be two xbmc processes running. http on, no usr or password, port 8080.

However I think I was wrong about the original problem. It's not how xbmc is closed, rather it's how it's opened. By running xbmc in a window, if In the terminal I "killall -9 xbmc.bin" and then open xbmc in the terminal with "xbmc", webservers and remote servers are fine.

And If I change [kill -9 xbmc_PID] in applaunch.sh to [kill -9 xbmc.bak] (to stop it from killing xbmc) and run an emulator in solo mode, and in the terminal run "killall -9 xbmc.bin" and then exit the emulator, it still comes up with webserver issues. So even though I'm killing it fine, it's starting with problems.
I'm not sure what's causing the problem,. if it's the service addon that eden needs for RCB, or if it's the script that activates RCB after applaunch.sh starts xbmc. But I was definitely wrong about it being killed wrong, my apologies.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - GA_Boy - 2012-06-27

I have yet to get the any ROM open and running while XBMC is running. I have my emulators and ROMs on a secondary hard drive. Here is the link to my log. Any help would be great.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29778995/xbmc.log

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - fnaah - 2012-06-27

Hokaaay, so I got all the images imported as per the doco here (http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/HowToAddMAMEOffline).

Unfortunately now though, there's a massive performance issue. Games play slow, and the sound is choppy. Thought it might have been a memory thing (the box only had 1Gb), but I threw in another 3Gb, and the issue remains.

MAME games play fine when launched via command line or through QMC2. Note that it's a fairly big ROM set - about 5000 games. (Yeah, there's a lot of stuff to cull out, but no point if hte games left don't run well.)

I'm running ubuntu 12.04 and an NVidia GeForce 8400 GS, with the "non-free" drivers, if that helps.

Any help appreciated.
... and every time I delete a game, it goes through the process of loading the whole list again. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nonosto - 2012-06-27

dear friend

I try a local install rom.collection.browser 0.0.9 on my Xbox, but doesnot work.
I have config.xml message errror.

part of log with only error:

Code:
13:21:36 M: 37318656   ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression Player.Passthrough + !System.Platform.Xbox

13:21:45 M: 21254144   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scriptsfanart.jpg
13:21:45 M: 21254144   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image
13:21:46 M: 25407488   ERROR: DNS lookup for feeds.feedburner.com failed: 10060
13:21:46 M: 25485312   ERROR: DNS lookup for xml.weather.com failed: 10060
13:21:46 M: 25567232 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 6

Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:21:46 M: 25567232 WARNING: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
13:21:46 M: 25481216   ERROR: WEATHER: Weather download failed!
13:21:46 M: 26099712   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser\fanart.jpg
13:21:46 M: 26099712   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.pyfanart.jpg
13:21:46 M: 26099712   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scriptsfolder.jpg

13:21:54 M: 16023552   ERROR: DNS lookup for feeds.feedburner.com failed: 10060
13:21:54 M: 16105472 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 6
13:21:54 M: 16105472   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
13:21:54 M: 16105472   ERROR: Timeout whilst retrieving http://feeds.feedburner.com/xbmc4xbox

13:48:00 M: 17108992 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:48:00 M: 16990208 WARNING: RCB_INFO: Begin onInit
13:48:02 M: 11182080   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser
13:48:02 M: 11718656   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scriptsfanart.jpg
13:48:02 M: 11718656   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser\fanart.jpg
13:48:02 M: 11718656   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.pyfanart.jpg
13:48:02 M: 11718656   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scriptsfolder.jpg

13:48:19 M: 18894848 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:48:19 M: 18776064 WARNING: RCB_INFO: Begin onInit
13:48:21 M: 13365248   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser
13:48:21 M: 13893632   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scriptsfanart.jpg
13:48:21 M: 13893632   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser\fanart.jpg
13:48:21 M: 13893632   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.pyfanart.jpg
13:48:21 M: 13893632   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scriptsfolder.jpg

13:49:03 M: 18575360 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:49:03 M: 18460672 WARNING: RCB_INFO: Begin onInit
13:49:06 M: 13082624   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser
13:49:06 M: 13606912   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scriptsfanart.jpg
13:49:06 M: 13606912   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser\fanart.jpg
13:49:06 M: 13606912   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scripts\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.pyfanart.jpg
13:49:06 M: 13606912   ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image Q:\scriptsfolder.jpg

could you help me please?
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-06-30

Maleficium Wrote:In the last test version we have Rescrape Selection and Add Selection to Favorites, what do you think about a Delete Selection option ? It could be useful, at least I'm needing it now to make a mass delete of a certain genres of games (utilities, demos, etc) without make it one by one.
Nice idea. Added this to the TODO list. But features for next releases are nearly complete, so I will add it to one of the releases after that.

xaviorffviii Wrote:I'm not sure what's causing the problem,. if it's the service addon that eden needs for RCB, or if it's the script that activates RCB after applaunch.sh starts xbmc. But I was definitely wrong about it being killed wrong, my apologies.
Strange. Currently I am working on some new options to launch emulators and maybe this will help to solve this issue, too. But I can't promise anything.

GA_Boy Wrote:I have yet to get the any ROM open and running while XBMC is running. I have my emulators and ROMs on a secondary hard drive. Here is the link to my log. Any help would be great.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29778995/xbmc.log
Sorry, the link does not seem to work anymore. Maybe you can upload the log to pastebin or xbmclogs?

fnaah Wrote:MAME games play fine when launched via command line or through QMC2. Note that it's a fairly big ROM set - about 5000 games. (Yeah, there's a lot of stuff to cull out, but no point if hte games left don't run well.)
Maybe you should try to use solo mode? Your system may not have enough ressources to run XBMC and MAME side by side.

nonosto Wrote:I try a local install rom.collection.browser 0.0.9 on my Xbox, but doesnot work.
I have config.xml message errror.
Looks like you have sorted this out on xbmc4xbox already?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - nonosto - 2012-06-30

Thanks

it's me, It work when my Xbox is on line.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2012-07-01

I just set up a new HTPC, which is running Windows 7 64bit. Installed XBMC Eden, downloaded RCB, set up some emulators.

I'm having a very annoying problem. Almost every time that I exit a game, XBMC crashes and stays on the screen as a black window. I then have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to kill it.

Here's a log starting at RCB ~ log

Here's the very end of it

22:55:09 T:4340 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
22:55:09 T:4340 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: screenMode: 1280x720 @ 60.00 - Full Screen
22:55:09 T:4340 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Windowed mode
22:55:09 T:4340 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
22:55:14 T:4340 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu done
22:55:14 T:4340 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Toggle to Full Screen mode

Hope you can help me out! Smile Thanks![/quote]