Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Tomkun - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-10, 07:18)malte Wrote:
Tomkun Wrote:I noticed that in windows when I use popen, that after quitting the game XBMC doesn't get focus back and stays minimised in the task bar. Is that normal behaviour and is it fixable? In the meantime I'm going to have to disable popen.
I can't reproduce this here. Not with and not without Popen. Maybe you have to change the "Use fullscreen window" setting in XBMC?
Thanks, I'll check that out...

Quote:
Tomkun Wrote:Also a feature request: is it possible to trigger an event using the HTTP API (or JSON) when starting a game? That would allow me to do some really cool stuff with EventGhost!
This should already be possible. You could use wget to fire the commands to the json api. On windows you have to install wget.exe yourself, on Linux it should be already available. These are examples of the commands when you want to quit XBMC per json:

Code:
Linux
wget -q -O/dev/null --header='Content-Type: application/json' --post-data='{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Application.Quit", "id":"1"}' http://localhost/jsonrpc  

Windows (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/wget/)
"%PROGRAMFILES%\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe" -q --header="Content-Type: application/json" --post-data="{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\", \"method\": \"Application.Quit\", \"id\":\"1\"}" http://localhost/jsonrpc
I tested these commands from a batch file. But I guess you could also use them as pre launch command.
I'm not quite sure what you are doing there; it all looks a bit over my head... I was thinking of something along the lines of how the Home Cinema Experience script manages home automation...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563&pid=790523#pid790523

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Mus_ - 2012-07-11

I managed to fix the dolphin focus problem. It seems like when dolphin-emu is started in batch mode (-b) it actually must be run from a terminal, otherwise the focus gets screwed up (whyever that is).
so I'm now using the following script to start dolphin:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
killall -STOP xbmc.bin
urxvt -e dolphin-emu "$@"
killall -CONT xbmc.bin
The killall just makes sure XBMC is frozen and doesn't waste CPU time. urxvt is my terminal, I guess it should work with any other terminal as well.
the parameters "-b -e" for the dolphin command are passed by RCB itself.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2012-07-13

Running 1.0.5 For some reason, I just can't get RCB to prompt for Disc #

For Playstation, I have Disc Indicator enabled and set to "_Disc"

All of my multidisc games end with "_Disc1", "_Disc2", etc.

All of my multidisc games scraped into the Library, but I'm never prompted for which Disc I would like to launch

...any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-07-13

Tomkun Wrote:I'm not quite sure what you are doing there; it all looks a bit over my head... I was thinking of something along the lines of how the Home Cinema Experience script manages home automation...
I will check the Home Cinma part but it looks like there must be done a little bit more to achieve what you want. What do you want to do exactly with EventGhost? Just to get an idea of it.

altoiddealer Wrote:Running 1.0.5 For some reason, I just can't get RCB to prompt for Disc #

All of my multidisc games scraped into the Library, but I'm never prompted for which Disc I would like to launch

...any ideas?
Did you set the Indicator before or after importing the games? It is important to do it before importing the games because otherwise RCB does not recognize the games as multidisc games.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Tomkun - 2012-07-15

Well, with EventGhost it's possible to do all kinds of things, but specifically I was thinking of making unified controls for several different Emulators.

Most Emus support quit-keys and quick-save/loading, but not all with the same key. If I used eventghost I could make that problem go away and have a single key that did the same thing on all emulators.

If it's impossible/difficult to do, then don't worry. These things are possible to do via different methods.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pecospete - 2012-07-15

Hi all. Awesome addon.

I am wondering how would one go about importing roms for a platform that isn't listed in the platform list. Specifically, I'm looking at adding Sega Model 3 (using the supermodel3.com emulator) roms. I found the "Other" platform, but is there a way one might rename the created collection, to something more intuitive than "other"?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2012-07-16

(2012-07-13, 07:52)malte Wrote:
Tomkun Wrote:I'm not quite sure what you are doing there; it all looks a bit over my head... I was thinking of something along the lines of how the Home Cinema Experience script manages home automation...
I will check the Home Cinma part but it looks like there must be done a little bit more to achieve what you want. What do you want to do exactly with EventGhost? Just to get an idea of it.

altoiddealer Wrote:Running 1.0.5 For some reason, I just can't get RCB to prompt for Disc #

...any ideas?
Did you set the Indicator before or after importing the games? It is important to do it before importing the games because otherwise RCB does not recognize the games as multidisc games.

Ohhhhhh i see Smile Thanks for the info, Im going to try rescanning those games in and see what happens

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-07-17

(2012-07-15, 02:35)pecospete Wrote: Hi all. Awesome addon.

I am wondering how would one go about importing roms for a platform that isn't listed in the platform list. Specifically, I'm looking at adding Sega Model 3 (using the supermodel3.com emulator) roms. I found the "Other" platform, but is there a way one might rename the created collection, to something more intuitive than "other"?

You'll need to edit config.xml located in C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\

Open that file with some text editor, take a look where your collection its named "Other" and change it to whatever you like. You'll find something like <RomCollection id="01" name="Other">

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-17, 00:31)Maleficium Wrote:

You'll need to edit config.xml located in C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.games.rom.collection.browser\

Open that file with some text editor, take a look where your collection its named "Other" and change it to whatever you like. You'll find something like <RomCollection id="01" name="Other">
I thought you should get a text dialog to enter a new name for the rom collection. I will check this. If not, this should be fixed.

Anyway, when you don't find the system in RCBs list of platforms you won't get good results from the online scrapers. I guess there must be some more intelligence in the future to handle some of the Arcade systems with emulators other than MAME.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Maleficium - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-18, 13:07)malte Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 00:31)Maleficium Wrote:

I thought you should get a text dialog to enter a new name for the rom collection. I will check this. If not, this should be fixed.

Anyway, when you don't find the system in RCBs list of platforms you won't get good results from the online scrapers. I guess there must be some more intelligence in the future to handle some of the Arcade systems with emulators other than MAME.

That text dialog was displayed only once after I installed the last test version. For all other collections that I added later it wasn't displayed.

About the other point about adding different names in the collection name it depends a bit. The best way to choose the name its check the availability and the name used in the page of the scrapper you want to use. It depends a lot of the amount of info about that system that the source have.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-13, 07:52)malte Wrote:

...any ideas?

Ok so I deleted the .nfo files, and removed the games from RCB. Then, with disc indicator set to "_Disc" for playstation (games are labeled _Disc1, _Disc2, etc) I scraped the games.

This time the window does pop up, however each item on the list is "_Disc" without a number, and they all seem to launch disc 1

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - blinken - 2012-07-20

Hey I love this program and almost everything is working great, thanks a lot!

However, I'm having a problem that I experienced last year and eventually gave up. I thought I'd give it another go.

All my emus work great except epsxe. When I try to launch a game epsxe and an empty cmd window open but nothing happens. When I look at the EPSXE window that opens, all the config plugins are missing.

Anyone have any idea what might fix this?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2012-07-22

altoiddealer Wrote:Ok so I deleted the .nfo files, and removed the games from RCB. Then, with disc indicator set to "_Disc" for playstation (games are labeled _Disc1, _Disc2, etc) I scraped the games.

This time the window does pop up, however each item on the list is "_Disc" without a number, and they all seem to launch disc 1
This is a known bug and will be fixed in next release. Should be available in the next 1-2 weeks. You don't have to reimport anything, it should work then with you current database.

blinken Wrote:All my emus work great except epsxe. When I try to launch a game epsxe and an empty cmd window open but nothing happens. When I look at the EPSXE window that opens, all the config plugins are missing.

Anyone have any idea what might fix this?
Did you try other PS1 emulators? You could post the xbmc.log here. Maybe there is something worng with the configuration.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - altoiddealer - 2012-07-22

(2012-07-22, 11:54)malte Wrote:
altoiddealer Wrote:Ok so I deleted the .nfo files, and removed the games from RCB. Then, with disc indicator set to "_Disc" for playstation (games are labeled _Disc1, _Disc2, etc) I scraped the games.

This is a known bug and will be fixed in next release. Should be available in the next 1-2 weeks. You don't have to reimport anything, it should work then with you current database.

Cool, thanks! Looking forward to the update! I love RCB!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Sgt.Stedenko - 2012-07-25

Hi!

Any update from scraping from Thecoverproject.com?

friendly regards