Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2013-01-04

e2zippo Wrote:malte: I think I found a bug in the latest version.

I tried to start all over since my setup didn't work, and when I tried to add a rom collection with 1.1.1 I only saw my dvd drive (H, none of my local discs were avaliable when selecting path to emulator, not even c:\

I tried with 1.1.0 and it's all working.
malte Wrote:I tested with 1.1.1 and RC3. Everything works fine for me. It only shows the sources that I added via XBMC file manager. But this happens since Eden afair.

This has never been the case for me? You're saying that only sources that are added in XBMC's file manager should be visible, not any local disks (of not added)

Because I store all my movies on my main computer and those SMB locations are the only ones in my library, all my emulators and roms are stored locally on my HTPC, and I've never needed to add anything to be able to get RCB running. First time this happened with 1.1.1 and RC2.

negge Wrote:I don't know what happened but now the game list works just like it should (it doesn't disappear anymore). I have not knowingly changed or updated anything.
malte Wrote:So, this issue is solved for you? I tested with RC3 and averything seems to work fine.

Actually I have this issue too, but only with Aeon Nox 4.

Another weird thing is that I can't change views in confluence, somehow I ended up with "list view" and I can't find anyway to change it to "landscape" or any other view?

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-04

e2zippo Wrote:Because I store all my movies on my main computer and those SMB locations are the only ones in my library, all my emulators and roms are stored locally on my HTPC, and I've never needed to add anything to be able to get RCB running. First time this happened with 1.1.1 and RC2.
Hmmm, not sure when it started. I think it was Eden. But I also thought that this sometimes happens and sometimes not. But this is nothing RCB specific or something that I could control from RCB. So, does it work for you if you add the sources?

e2zippo Wrote:Actually I have this issue too, but only with Aeon Nox 4.
I sometimes had issues after changing skins that the missing info filter gots activated "accidently". I then opened and closed it and then it worked again. I will check this issue with next release. Not sure if this is the same thing that happens on your side.

e2zippo Wrote:Another weird thing is that I can't change views in confluence, somehow I ended up with "list view" and I can't find anyway to change it to "landscape" or any other view?
You should access the "Change view" button on the bottom panel. Press DOWN in horizontal lists or RIGHT in vertical lists.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 21:41)malte Wrote: Hmmm, not sure when it started. I think it was Eden. But I also thought that this sometimes happens and sometimes not. But this is nothing RCB specific or something that I could control from RCB. So, does it work for you if you add the sources?

I went back to 1.1.0 and everything worked just as usual, without any need to add my local disk as source

malte Wrote:I sometimes had issues after changing skins that the missing info filter gots activated "accidently". I then opened and closed it and then it worked again. I will check this issue with next release. Not sure if this is the same thing that happens on your side.

I just browsed around alot, in Confluence, and suddenly, once in a while, I get this
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6085304_609_884986444

Missing filter is not activated

This happened twice within maybe 10 minutes, once while I was editing a rom collection, the other time I didn't do anything, I didn't even touch the keyboard, and it changed.

I get the listing back if I press upp and "re-select" a rom-collection.

malte Wrote:You should access the "Change view" button on the bottom panel. Press DOWN in horizontal lists or RIGHT in vertical lists.

Ah, I was in list mode and pressing right doesn't make sense, but still Tongue

And last thing! Tongue

Since i started from scratch, I have tried importing my videos again, and I got it working for GBA, but when I try to scrape local artwork for my SNES & NES collection i get

"Site local artwork does not exist in config.xml"

What am I missing?

Cheers for your awesome support, your golden malte!

Edit: here's log file efter the weird window happened, might include the local artwork popup as well

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25939

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - drutang78 - 2013-01-04

Love the addon, im importing my gigantic collection of NES roms right now...taking forever...

I have a few questions.

First of all I use offlinelist to manage all of my ROM collections. For those not familiar with it it has a multitude of options, one of which is a renamer for the zipped ROM files.

My issue is this, I tried to import my NDS roms but kept getting the dreaded "The first 10 games could not be imported" message.
I looked at the log file and what I'm thinking is happening is that it cannot read the NDS ROMS because the ROM number is listed first...
i.e. "0002 - Need for Speed - Underground 2 (US)(M5)"

Offlinelist renames the roms to accurately reflect the release number for the game. Could this be hindering it from correctly recognizing the name of the game and if so, how can I keep the same naming convention and still be able to add my NDS games to the ROM Collection Browser?

As I said before, I am currently importing my NES ROM's so the network is not at fault (as I've previously read that a proxy was to blame)

My second question is about the location of the artwork and info.
I've noticed that it is placing all these items in the same directory as the rom's themselves. (very disorginized for my anal retentive a$$) Can this be changed do a different directory? if so, do I need to rescan after I have moved/changed the location?

thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - KingTomaHawk - 2013-01-04

Hi, i use RCB on my Raspberry Pi with Raspbmc OS and the retropie emulator.

I got nearly everything working, but the solo mode does not work. When i press play, i can see on my ssh client that the xbmc process got killed and the emu process runs, but on my Pi I can only the a frozen screen. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - negge - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-04, 19:30)malte Wrote:
negge Wrote:I don't know what happened but now the game list works just like it should (it doesn't disappear anymore). I have not knowingly changed or updated anything.
So, this issue is solved for you? I tested with RC3 and averything seems to work fine.

It seems that way yes. I also had some difficulty changing views when the issue occured (changing views to something other than list view would reset the view after two seconds). I played games all day long today and couldn't reproduce either issue so I guess it's okay for now.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - drrj - 2013-01-05

I'm looking for the command to enter to disable the screensaver before launching the emulator, and the command to enter to re-enable it after the emulator dies. Is this possible? I'm using 1.1.1 in frodo rc2, and running it in a XBMCbuntu session instead of a pure XBMC session, and NOT in solo mode.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Jonny0r - 2013-01-05

Hello Guys,

yesterday i tryed the first time the RCB and it looks awesome, i really like it.
I add some of my old Games from NES, SNES and MD, but i have a small problem.. for some games the RCB dont find the Cover, like for SNES - Zelda 3 - Aladdin - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I have no idead why, the games are named like this and the scrapper dont find any info or boxart or something else..

Is there any easy way to add boxart by hand? i tryed to copy a boxart from Aladdin into the Boxart front folder and enter the correct path in the info file under thumb..
but RCB is not really interested in.. Sad

And the RCB is not really interessted in to change the skin.. if i change from conf.. to night it looks the same, nothing happend, also if i say in the options "remove - genre - year ect" .. options are still there..

I use XBMC frodo and RCB version 1.1.1 and AEON NOX 4.0

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - pgjensen - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 16:03)Jonny0r Wrote: Hello Guys,

yesterday i tryed the first time the RCB and it looks awesome, i really like it.
I add some of my old Games from NES, SNES and MD, but i have a small problem.. for some games the RCB dont find the Cover, like for SNES - Zelda 3 - Aladdin - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I have no idead why, the games are named like this and the scrapper dont find any info or boxart or something else..

Is there any easy way to add boxart by hand? i tryed to copy a boxart from Aladdin into the Boxart front folder and enter the correct path in the info file under thumb..
but RCB is not really interested in.. Sad

And the RCB is not really interessted in to change the skin.. if i change from conf.. to night it looks the same, nothing happend, also if i say in the options "remove - genre - year ect" .. options are still there..

When importing, choose to select matches when it's outside of the automatic threshold.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - WoSaK - 2013-01-05

Hi All,

Just started to attempt to use RBC but having a few issues getting it off the ground.

Whenever XBMC starts I get the error message "script failed service.py" which only occurs now I have RCB installed.

Also trying to add a collection, I go all the way through, selecting either Artwork is available online or locally, it completes but doesn't scan. It will only scan if I go to import and chose the emulator, nothing occurs if I do "all". When I do get it scrapping, it just freezes at a quarter way through. XBMC is still responsive in the background, but nothing happens in RGB. Be a huge help if you guys can help me on this.

Here is a link to my log at pastebin.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-06

e2zippo Wrote:I went back to 1.1.0 and everything worked just as usual, without any need to add my local disk as source
Hmmm, this is nearly impossible. I checked all changes that I made with 1.1.1 (just two bugfixes) and nothing would explain this behaviour.

e2zippo Wrote:I just browsed around alot, in Confluence, and suddenly, once in a while, I get this
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6085304_609_884986444

Missing filter is not activated

This happened twice within maybe 10 minutes, once while I was editing a rom collection, the other time I didn't do anything, I didn't even touch the keyboard, and it changed.
I could reproduce this now. It happens regularly every x minutes (10 on my system). I always get these lines in the log when it happens:
Code:
13:32:44 T:2292   DEBUG: Addon skin.transparency requires xbmc.gui version 9.9.9 which is not available
13:32:50 T:2292   DEBUG: Addon skin.aeonmq.3 requires xbmc.gui version 3.00 which is not available
13:32:51 T:2292   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Not all directories were successfully scanned.'
13:32:51 T:7660   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
13:32:51 T:7660   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []
I did not yet find out what is causing the issue.

e2zippo Wrote:Since i started from scratch, I have tried importing my videos again, and I got it working for GBA, but when I try to scrape local artwork for my SNES & NES collection i get

"Site local artwork does not exist in config.xml"

What am I missing?
This error was fixed with release 1.1.1. As I think your issue above is not related to release 1.1.1 you should update again and see if it will work with this one.

drutang78 Wrote:My issue is this, I tried to import my NDS roms but kept getting the dreaded "The first 10 games could not be imported" message.
I looked at the log file and what I'm thinking is happening is that it cannot read the NDS ROMS because the ROM number is listed first...
i.e. "0002 - Need for Speed - Underground 2 (US)(M5)"

Offlinelist renames the roms to accurately reflect the release number for the game. Could this be hindering it from correctly recognizing the name of the game and if so, how can I keep the same naming convention and still be able to add my NDS games to the ROM Collection Browser?
You could try to play with the fuzzy factor and set scraping mode to "Automatic: Guess matches". Both options are explained here. I think this should solve your issue.

drutang78 Wrote:My second question is about the location of the artwork and info.
I've noticed that it is placing all these items in the same directory as the rom's themselves. (very disorginized for my anal retentive a$$) Can this be changed do a different directory? if so, do I need to rescan after I have moved/changed the location?
Only the nfo files are placed next to the roms. And this can be changed via addon settings (see same link as above for explanation - last two options on the page). The path to the artwork is set during the config wizard. If your artwork is stored next to your roms you told RCB to do so. But you can change the position of your artwork files via Edit Rom Collection dialog: link.

If you move your artwork you have to reimport the games. You could try to reimport the games with "local artwork" scraper but I am not sure if this will update the existing artwork in your database.

KingTomaHawk Wrote:Hi, i use RCB on my Raspberry Pi with Raspbmc OS and the retropie emulator.

I got nearly everything working, but the solo mode does not work. When i press play, i can see on my ssh client that the xbmc process got killed and the emu process runs, but on my Pi I can only the a frozen screen. Any ideas?
So, you got RCB working on the Pi? With launching games (in non-solo mode)? I always thought that there would still be general issues on the Pi to launch the games with RetroPie.

I am not sure about solo mode on the Pi. Is XBMC acting as window manager? Then you will have no chance to get it working in solo mode because the emulator needs a window manager to be launched.

drrj Wrote:I'm looking for the command to enter to disable the screensaver before launching the emulator, and the command to enter to re-enable it after the emulator dies. Is this possible?
You mean the XBMC or the Ubuntu screensaver? XBMC screensaver will not be possible because there is nothing prepared to execute XBMC builtin functions before launching the emulator. Ubuntu may be possible if you can (re)enable the screensaver via command line. But I don't know which commands to use. Sorry.

Jonny0r Wrote:Is there any easy way to add boxart by hand? i tryed to copy a boxart from Aladdin into the Boxart front folder and enter the correct path in the info file under thumb..
but RCB is not really interested in.
The nfo file is only used when you want to rescrape your collection. And even then the thumb path is ignored. You need to rescrape your games with the "local artwork" scraper if you want to add artwork manually.

Jonny0r Wrote:And the RCB is not really interessted in to change the skin.. if i change from conf.. to night it looks the same, nothing happend, also if i say in the options "remove - genre - year ect" .. options are still there..

The behaviour is explained here. You can't change the skin when your XBMC skin already ships RCB skin files.

WoSaK Wrote:Whenever XBMC starts I get the error message "script failed service.py" which only occurs now I have RCB installed.
Can you show me the log file afer you started XBMC and got this error?

WoSaK Wrote:Also trying to add a collection, I go all the way through, selecting either Artwork is available online or locally, it completes but doesn't scan. It will only scan if I go to import and chose the emulator, nothing occurs if I do "all". When I do get it scrapping, it just freezes at a quarter way through. XBMC is still responsive in the background, but nothing happens in RGB. Be a huge help if you guys can help me on this.
RCB has some issues with non-ascii characters in game names. In your case it is "Pokémon Red Version". You need to rename the game to "Pokemon Red Version". Sorry, this issue has still to be sorted out.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - WoSaK - 2013-01-06

WoSaK Wrote:Whenever XBMC starts I get the error message "script failed service.py" which only occurs now I have RCB installed.

Can you show me the log file after you started XBMC and got this error?

It actually seems to be Trakt causing the issue, but has only appeared now RCB is installed.

WoSaK Wrote:Also trying to add a collection, I go all the way through, selecting either Artwork is available online or locally, it completes but doesn't scan. It will only scan if I go to import and chose the emulator, nothing occurs if I do "all". When I do get it scrapping, it just freezes at a quarter way through. XBMC is still responsive in the background, but nothing happens in RGB. Be a huge help if you guys can help me on this.
RCB has some issues with non-ascii characters in game names. In your case it is "Pokémon Red Version". You need to rename the game to "Pokemon Red Version". Sorry, this issue has still to be sorted out.[/quote]

Thanks for that. Is there anyway to rename it? I've edited the .NFO file, but RCB doesnt seem to pick up any of my changes, and when I Import again, and change the scraper to local NFO it just says done, but nothing changes. It is also not importing my Pokemon Gold, when it was before automatically or locally.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - ron975 - 2013-01-06

RCB isn't working for me. It scrapes the images and info, but no ROMs are shown in the browser.

Here's my log
http://pastebin.com/rhR42Vec

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rob hodge - 2013-01-06

after struggling to get things working in frodo rc3, i decided to take a step back and put eden on my box.

i still cannot get rom collection browser to launch my roms.

i'im using 1.1.1
i'm trying to use mednafen.

right now, the closest i get is i have sound working, but when i launch my NES rom, mednafen opens up i na box 1/2 the size of my screen i in the upper left hand corner.

keyboard control stays with xbmc, visable in the L shaped background behind the running rom.

i think i'd be along my way if i could figgure out how to make it trasnfer focus when it launches.

any pointers?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - atgm - 2013-01-06

I just got ROM Collection Browser working on Frodo (on Windows 7). Previously it wasn't listing ROMs, then would crash when trying to start an emulator.

Now my problem is that XBMC won't reopen after I close an emulator. Is there a way to fix that?

Edit: rob hodge, if you want to try Frodo again, this is how I got it working: http://www.corporate-sellout.com/index.php/2012/12/13/rom-collection-browser-in-xbmc-frodo/