Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-15

plight Wrote:I do not know if this is a frodo RC3 or RCB error, but when I launch an emulator while xbmc is in full screen mode, the emulator is impossible to shut down and restarts itself, even if I kill it via task manager. I also here a constant, reptitive ticking in the background from xbmc, which i assume is it trying to start the emulator over and over again. This never stops unless I kill the xbmc process. In window mode, emulators launch and exit correctly.
Never seen or heard about this issue. Can you show me a log file after this happens?

Are you already using version 1.1.2 of the script?

NoHesitation Wrote:I have installed Mednafen for emulation, and it works fine when launched from the terminal. When I try to launch it from RCB however, my screen goes dark, my TV says there is no signal, and no amount of keypresses will bring it back, I have to hard reset the box. I have enabled logging, but I am not seeing anything that makes me wonder. I have also tried launching through a script that kills xbmc prior to launching the emulator, but I get the same results.
There is nothing special in your log file. Did you try with other emulators? Maybe you should also try with RCB version 1.1.2. I made some changes on the game launching part.

Jonny0r Wrote:thanks for your answer, the infos and pictures on the NAS are from the online scrapper (only done with another PC). so gamename.nfo and gamename.jpg (different folders) i change nothing, thats the online scrapper downloaded content
Then you do not need to use the local data scraper. In config wizard just set the paths to your artwork and then choose "Scrape game info online (or use local nfo)" when you are asked for a scraper. In the import dialog set the scraper to "local nfo". This should do the trick.

rob hodge Wrote:can you add an option to ignore apple meta data files?

i uploaded roms remotely from my osx box, and it created a bunch of files that got mistaken for roms, confusing the hell out of me and the rom collection browser.
I don't really understand. Do these files have the same extension as your rom files? How should RCB separate them from your real rom files? If they don't have the same extension everything should be ok with setting the correct filemask.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Quiz0ne - 2013-01-15

Hi Guys!

Really dont know if this is a XBMC, ROM or Windows 7 issue.
In XBMC the settings are Fullscreen with resolution 1080p.
But when I start a game, NES, SNES or Genesis (havn't tried more), XBMC turns into a window and the games starts fine in fullscreen. When exiting the game I'll get back to XBMC in fullscreen. BUT when starting the game the resolution changes to 720p, which is my desktop resolution. That would be fine if it then turned back to 1080p in XBMC. But it doesn't. The settings in XBMC changes to 720p.
Anyone notice this?

Thanks in advanced

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - johnmerrick - 2013-01-16

I hit a brick wall last night with RCB.

I couldn't get mame to start without it closing and reverting back to xbmc. I had edited my rom collection (changed mame & rom path etc) a few times so therefore decided to 'clean database'. Since then I can't import and get the following error when I try and access the side panel to see if it's a filter problem:

"Control with id:0 could not be found: check windowxml file"

with that i uninstalled the addon. and reinstalled. didn't work. So i deleted the addon data and reinstalled and then created a new config file.

Still getting the same error message. When building file list rcb takes a while (it was instant previously) but now it imports the games and then can't load them.

Mame WAS working originally but I was trying to get mameui64 to be my exe because I prefer the config file for the xbox controller that uses. Following that I can't get the emulator to start up. It shrinks all windows and closes then reverts back to a small windowed xmbc!

I did try and pin the blame on xbmc launcher for that but i have it set to prevent focus when that file is executed.

Also Mame opens fine with xbmc closed. Version .0144

Any ideas? Thanks

Windows 7 x64 Eden

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - GortWillSaveUs - 2013-01-16

Question: I succesfully loaded up snes, N64, and C64 roms,..so my RCB main page shows all of these,....however,..

I have a folder for Gamecube roms. I have like 20 and they're all 7zipped.
I extracted one,...and when the scan started,..it found everything mentioned above, plus the extracted GC rom.

So I added a few more roms to the other folders,..and unzipped the other 19 GC roms.
Started up XBMC, the scan proceeded to find all the new roms,..except the 19 GC roms.

Is it okay to have all 20 GC roms in a single folder? or,...
Should the 20 GC roms be in separate folders named after each rom?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-16

Quiz0ne Wrote:But when I start a game, NES, SNES or Genesis (havn't tried more), XBMC turns into a window and the games starts fine in fullscreen. When exiting the game I'll get back to XBMC in fullscreen. BUT when starting the game the resolution changes to 720p, which is my desktop resolution. That would be fine if it then turned back to 1080p in XBMC. But it doesn't. The settings in XBMC changes to 720p.
Anyone notice this?
Sorry, I don't have Full HD here, so I never noticed this issue. I also don't know how to set XBMC back to 1080p. If this is a common issue I could try to find out if this is possible.

johnmerrick Wrote:Mame WAS working originally but I was trying to get mameui64 to be my exe because I prefer the config file for the xbox controller that uses. Following that I can't get the emulator to start up. It shrinks all windows and closes then reverts back to a small windowed xmbc!

I did try and pin the blame on xbmc launcher for that but i have it set to prevent focus when that file is executed.

So, what is your current issue? If I followed your explanation correctly you managed to import all games again and now you still can't launch the games? Please show me a log file after you tried to launch the game.

GortWillSaveUs Wrote:Is it okay to have all 20 GC roms in a single folder? or,...
You can do it as you like. But the easier way is to keep all roms in 1 folder (as you already tried). You could show me a log after you tried to import the games. Maybe I can see why the games are not imported.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - GortWillSaveUs - 2013-01-16

Thanks malte, I'll get the log when I get home tonight.

(2013-01-16, 17:35)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Question: I succesfully loaded up snes, N64, and C64 roms,..so my RCB main page shows all of these,....however,..

I have a folder for Gamecube roms. I have like 20 and they're all 7zipped.
I extracted one,...and when the scan started,..it found everything mentioned above, plus the extracted GC rom.

So I added a few more roms to the other folders,..and unzipped the other 19 GC roms.
Started up XBMC, the scan proceeded to find all the new roms,..except the 19 GC roms.

Is it okay to have all 20 GC roms in a single folder? or,...

Here's part of the log where it starts with gamecube, seems to find "null"Huh
But then SNES it finds all games (I only show the partial of that for SNES)

14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Start Update DB
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Iterating Rom Collections
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current Rom Collection: GameCube
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: ignoreOnScan: False
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: update is allowed for current rom collection: True
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: max folder depth: 99
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Rom path: ['--exec=ISO "e:\\games\\ROMS\\Nintendo Gamecube\\*.iso"']
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Reading rom files
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: --exec=ISO "e:\games\ROMS\Nintendo Gamecube\*.iso"
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: dirname: --exec=ISO "e:\games\ROMS\Nintendo Gamecube
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: basename: *.iso"
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checking sub directories
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Files read: []
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: current Rom Collection: SNES
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: ignoreOnScan: False
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: update is allowed for current rom collection: True
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: max folder depth: 99
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Rom path: ['e:\\games\\ROMS\\Super Nintendo\\*.zip']
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Reading rom files
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: e:\games\ROMS\Super Nintendo\*.zip
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: dirname: e:\games\ROMS\Super Nintendo
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: basename: *.zip
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: checking sub directories
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Files read: ['e:\\games\\ROMS\\Super Nintendo\\Super Mario Bros. 7.5

Could it be this that's causing the problem?
14:43:02 T:3448 NOTICE: RCB_INFO: walkDownPath romPath: --exec=ISO "e:\games\ROMS\Nintendo Gamecube\*.iso"

Come to think of it,...on first scan I didn't have the "--exec=ISO" there since I didn't know it needed it in the parameter list.
I could remove the --exec=ISO from the config file and scan again,..then if it works, add the --exec=ISO back in.

All the other platforms show a romPath of just the directory.

I'm sure this will solve the problem of getting these into the database,...but what if I add new GC games?

(2013-01-16, 22:50)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Could it be this that's causing the problem?

Come to think of it,...on first scan I didn't have the "--exec=ISO" there since I didn't know it needed it in the parameter list.
I could remove the --exec=ISO from the config file and scan again,..then if it works, add the --exec=ISO back in.

All the other platforms show a romPath of just the directory.

I'm sure this will solve the problem of getting these into the database,...but what if I add new GC games?

malte: This is now resolved. Apparenty I had a real tough time with the params,..and this was my bad. I put the param in the rompath of the config.xml

I must have looked right past that 10 times. Thanks for your help though.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - CyberEvil - 2013-01-17

Hi all,

I'm trying to migrate all my data into RCB. All my MAME ROMs have every kind of artwork, data and video already into MAME. This means, MAME displays the history of each game, screenshots, etc. Now the problem I found, is that RCB does this trying to import:

- Via Scrappers: It adds all my games with no screenshots, nor anything but their stored filenames (eg.: mshvsfu1.zip which is really "Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (US 970625)")

- Locally: I get all the images loaded up correctly when selecting the paths manually because those images are identical to the ROM name, but I get no name translation from filename-->Game name, nor its history.

Now the question would be; can I import the history and game name directly from MAME into XBMC as .NFOs or similar? I've tried the .txt in here too: https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/HowToAddMAMEOffline without success (I get the images and videos imported properly, but no game name translation nor history).

Thank you in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-17

GortWillSaveUs Wrote:This is now resolved. Apparenty I had a real tough time with the params,..and this was my bad. I put the param in the rompath of the config.xml

I must have looked right past that 10 times. Thanks for your help though.
Glad that you sorted it out.

CyberEvil Wrote:I've tried the .txt in here too: https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...AMEOffline without success (I get the images and videos imported properly, but no game name translation nor history).
Did you enable "Use filename as crc" as described in the wiki? Usually this method should work. You could also show me a log file of the import. Maybe there is something else messed up.

CyberEvil Wrote:can I import the history and game name directly from MAME into XBMC as .NFOs or similar?
It would work but this would require that you transform the history files in nfo files. There is no automatism available that does this for you.

Maybe I will start working on a new MAME online scraper in the future but this is not prio 1 for me atm.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-17

I am completely new to this, surprisingly i got my few emulators set up and went well.

The issue i have currently is the emulators are open and some of them when i exit dont close when the game is finished. How do people deal with that?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - johnmerrick - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-16, 19:57)malte Wrote:
Quiz0ne Wrote:But when I start a game, NES, SNES or Genesis (havn't tried more), XBMC turns into a window and the games starts fine in fullscreen. When exiting the game I'll get back to XBMC in fullscreen. BUT when starting the game the resolution changes to 720p, which is my desktop resolution. That would be fine if it then turned back to 1080p in XBMC. But it doesn't. The settings in XBMC changes to 720p.
Anyone notice this?
Sorry, I don't have Full HD here, so I never noticed this issue. I also don't know how to set XBMC back to 1080p. If this is a common issue I could try to find out if this is possible.

johnmerrick Wrote:Mame WAS working originally but I was trying to get mameui64 to be my exe because I prefer the config file for the xbox controller that uses. Following that I can't get the emulator to start up. It shrinks all windows and closes then reverts back to a small windowed xmbc!

So, what is your current issue? If I followed your explanation correctly you managed to import all games again and now you still can't launch the games? Please show me a log file after you tried to launch the game.

GortWillSaveUs Wrote:Is it okay to have all 20 GC roms in a single folder? or,...
You can do it as you like. But the easier way is to keep all roms in 1 folder (as you already tried). You could show me a log after you tried to import the games. Maybe I can see why the games are not imported.

Here is my xbmc log XBMC log . I can now import games because I had missed a setting. But here is my xbmc log. I can no longer launch mame emulator whereas previously I could. Not sure if this log explains it. I also can no longer save the config file when I edit the rom collection. I have deleted userdata and reinstalled and also re done the config but I am going round in circles. the emulator opens/shrinks/closes then xbmc comes back into focus.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - easyrider - 2013-01-17

Hi

Please help, I installed the addon and then a screen appeared asking me to browse to the MAME.exe thingy but I didn't realise that I needed MAME installed on the machine

Anyway, I installed Mame and ran the rom collection browser but it just launced without the screen to configure the mame path etc...

How can I gt this running?

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing...I have even deleted the script rom collection browser from roaming xbmc addon folder meaning I had to download it again in XBMC

I'm running windows 8

The plan is to point the collection browser to \\server\games\mame

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - johnmerrick - 2013-01-17

Can anyone confirm a working version of mame within this addon?

I can get mamui64 working fine with ALA but not this.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - CyberEvil - 2013-01-17

Hi Malte, thank you so much for the answer and for this great plugin. It was after all the crc feature... using your list imported the games with names (at least some of them) I have around 9k of games without duplicates, and this arised another issue: Once the import finishes and starts building up the "pages" (by then I see the counter going on and some thumbs on screen with the name) it eventually freezes around 2.8k and won't do anything else. It won't let me use the menus nor close XBMC, so I have to kill it. Once inside again, it does the same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your support!

EDIT: Log from freeze http://pastebin.com/cWvLstb4