Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs (/showthread.php?tid=70115)

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-19

CyberEvil Wrote:No avail Honestly tried too many things by now... deleted and reimported everything over 20 times with the same results. Freezes / Cycles menus with a few displayed (around 2.5k) then does noting when clicking (have to force a kill). Tried 2 different boxes with XBMC different RC3 versions. If based on my debug logs you find anything, I will make you a monument!
I will see what I can doSmile

rusher Wrote:Anyone know what the correct Emulator Param is to start GameCube games using Dolphin on Mac? I had it configured like a year ago, but had to reinstall and can't remember. Thx in advance
Maybe this helps?

Ghostdivision Wrote:I cant seem to get project 64 working. It just says it failed on launch.

My file mask is setup as follows *.Z64, *.Rom, *.V64,

those are the formats of my roms.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, here is my log if that helps. The error that popsup just says failed to open file.
Iirc there was a difference between some versions that needed the %ROM% parameter with and without surrounding "". Maybe you could try this.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - strra - 2013-01-19

I'm running Frodo RC3 on a PC running XP and whenever i exit the emulator, XBMC won't relaunch. I have an empty black window named "XBMC" but when i maximize it, everything stalls. i have to CTRL-ALT-Delete and kill the XBMC process and then relaunch XBMC manually.
any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - rob hodge - 2013-01-20

Quote:
rob hodge Wrote:can you add an option to ignore apple meta data files?

i uploaded roms remotely from my osx box, and it created a bunch of files that got mistaken for roms, confusing the hell out of me and the rom collection browser.
I don't really understand. Do these files have the same extension as your rom files? How should RCB separate them from your real rom files? If they don't have the same extension everything should be ok with setting the correct filemask.

apple makes a shadow folder called '.AppleDouble' and makes an identically named file entry in that directory for every file in the real directory.

the easiest way i could think of to ignore these would be to ignore any files or directories that have a dotfile name, or have .AppleDouble anywhere in the path to the files.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-19, 16:46)malte Wrote:
CyberEvil Wrote:No avail Honestly tried too many things by now... deleted and reimported everything over 20 times with the same results. Freezes / Cycles menus with a few displayed (around 2.5k) then does noting when clicking (have to force a kill). Tried 2 different boxes with XBMC different RC3 versions. If based on my debug logs you find anything, I will make you a monument!
I will see what I can doSmile

rusher Wrote:Anyone know what the correct Emulator Param is to start GameCube games using Dolphin on Mac? I had it configured like a year ago, but had to reinstall and can't remember. Thx in advance
Maybe this helps?

Ghostdivision Wrote:I cant seem to get project 64 working. It just says it failed on launch.

My file mask is setup as follows *.Z64, *.Rom, *.V64,

those are the formats of my roms.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, here is my log if that helps. The error that popsup just says failed to open file.
Iirc there was a difference between some versions that needed the %ROM% parameter with and without surrounding "". Maybe you could try this.

Yes that worked thanks!

One question though, when i was applying already present fanart, i selected the cartridge art collection, i later edited it, but it seemed xbmc has cached that artwork already, so all fanart is showing up as a cartridge, how do i clear rcb image cache?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Stropaganda - 2013-01-20

Alright, so I have NES, SNES, Genesis, PSX, and Gamecube all working well, but I am having trouble with MAME and Dreamcast.

So the scrapping for MAME is not working. Is there a workaround for this?

Does anyone have a successful setup for Dreamcast? I have Chankcast and you have to mount the iso before running the emulator. I suppose this might be possible with the pre-launch cmd and post-launch cmd options. If anyone has some command line to put in there that would be great.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-20

strra Wrote:I'm running Frodo RC3 on a PC running XP and whenever i exit the emulator, XBMC won't relaunch. I have an empty black window named "XBMC" but when i maximize it, everything stalls. i have to CTRL-ALT-Delete and kill the XBMC process and then relaunch XBMC manually.
any ideas?
Maybe solo mode would be best in your situation.

rob hodge Wrote:apple makes a shadow folder called '.AppleDouble' and makes an identically named file entry in that directory for every file in the real directory.

the easiest way i could think of to ignore these would be to ignore any files or directories that have a dotfile name, or have .AppleDouble anywhere in the path to the files.
Ah, ok. I did not know this. Yes, ignoring this folder would be an option.

Ghostdivision Wrote:One question though, when i was applying already present fanart, i selected the cartridge art collection, i later edited it, but it seemed xbmc has cached that artwork already, so all fanart is showing up as a cartridge, how do i clear rcb image cache?
RCB does not have its own image cache. The images are cached via XBMC. It takes some days until changes take place. You could delete the XBMC thumbnail cache but that could cause issues with other artwork too afaik.

But I am not quite sure what you edited. Did you change the artwork type or did you change the images? RCB stores all artwork with an artwork type id in the database. I guess (but did not check it) that it will not overwrite existing artwork with new type ids if you want to change this. So, the easiest way will be to change the corresponding artwork type id in config.xml.

Stropaganda Wrote:So the scrapping for MAME is not working. Is there a workaround for this?
Yes.

Stropaganda Wrote:Does anyone have a successful setup for Dreamcast? I have Chankcast and you have to mount the iso before running the emulator. I suppose this might be possible with the pre-launch cmd and post-launch cmd options. If anyone has some command line to put in there that would be great.
Sorry, not me. So I can't be of help.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-23

I am not sure if anyone can help getting dolphin working with rcb?

This is the last emulator.

Someone posted a .bat file back in 2011 and it works, it was on page 125 i think, but i need to use solo mode, and when your pointing to the bat it does not seem rcb can track the state of the emulator then?

When I exit dolphin i just notice xbmc does not come back...

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-23

Ghostdivision Wrote:Someone posted a .bat file back in 2011 and it works, it was on page 125 i think, but i need to use solo mode, and when your pointing to the bat it does not seem rcb can track the state of the emulator then?

Maybe you have to check the commands at the end of your bat-file if they are pointing to your xbmc-installation.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - teeedubb - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-09, 09:58)malte Wrote:
teeedubb Wrote:I have a pulse eight cec adapter, which when xbmc displays a popup saying 'Puse-eight cec adapter connected' and the notify.wav sound is played. When the popup disappears and the out.wav sound is played RCB's item list number in the bottom right corner starts from 0 again and will only display the roms loaded after the popup (eg from the letter K onwards, not showing 0-J). This happens with the 2 rom collections i tried it on, but is most apparent with mame due to the large amount of roms. If I open RCB after the popup the roms load ok. Ive had a look through my log file but I cant find anything. There is not setting in the cec adapter to disable to popup.
Never heard this before. When do these popups come up? Just once when XBMC starts or do they pop up frequently?

I think they popup are called kaitoasts, theyre like the notificiation for addon updates except they make a sound on pop up and pop down. The popup for the cec adapter only shows once on startup, so if I exit a emulator then xbmc starts I would get a popup. Ive deleted the sound files notify.wav + out.wav from the skin folder and now the problem has gone away - the notification doesnt cause the rom counter to reset anymore.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - krasenpaskaa - 2013-01-24

I am having some problems. I have tried searching this thread but no luck.

I run XBMC Eden on Ubuntu.

I have installed and configured RCB and everything worked well.
When I try to start a game it loads in a tiny tiny window in the top left corner off my TV. I have searched the settings but I can't figure out how to change resolution.

I have tried using the standalone launcher option,but what happens then is that XBMC shuts down for a second, but then just starts right back up again and I don't see the trace of any game what so ever.

Anyone know what is wrong here?

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-24

krasenpaskaa Wrote:I have installed and configured RCB and everything worked well.
When I try to start a game it loads in a tiny tiny window in the top left corner off my TV. I have searched the settings but I can't figure out how to change resolution.
What emulator are you using? Maybe there is a fullscreen option available?

krasenpaskaa Wrote:I have tried using the standalone launcher option,but what happens then is that XBMC shuts down for a second, but then just starts right back up again and I don't see the trace of any game what so ever.
Sounds like your applaunch.sh file has no execute right.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - krasenpaskaa - 2013-01-24

Hi. Thank you for your answer.

I am using zsnes. Maybe there is a fullscreen option but I can't see one.
I have chmodded the applaunch file to 755 so it should be fine

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-23, 21:28)malte Wrote:
Ghostdivision Wrote:Someone posted a .bat file back in 2011 and it works, it was on page 125 i think, but i need to use solo mode, and when your pointing to the bat it does not seem rcb can track the state of the emulator then?

Maybe you have to check the commands at the end of your bat-file if they are pointing to your xbmc-installation.

This is my .bat file i am using maybe you could help me make the necessary adjustments?

After this im done and will have everything working!

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0
dolphin.exe /b /e %1

I really dont know much about this stuff, any help would be appreciated, not sure how many people use dolphin with rcb.

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - malte - 2013-01-24

krasenpaskaa Wrote:I am using zsnes. Maybe there is a fullscreen option but I can't see one.
There is a -v option. E.g. "-v 20" should set it to "1024x768 DS FULL" mode. You can check all options here: http://zsnes-docs.sourceforge.net/html/advanced.htm

Ghostdivision Wrote:This is my .bat file i am using maybe you could help me make the necessary adjustments?

After this im done and will have everything working!

@echo off

cd /d %~dp0
dolphin.exe /b /e %1
I am not sure if it works to have a .bat file that is launched via applaunch.bat. But I guess it should be possible. Elsewise you could copy and paste the parts from applaunch.bat in your dolphin.bat like this (not tested):
Code:
REM Is XBMC running?
taskkill /f /IM XBMC.exe

REM Wait for the kill
REM sleep

REM Launch app
cd /d %~dp0
dolphin.exe /b /e %1

REM SOMETIMES xbmc starts too fast, and on some hardware if there is still a millisecond of sound being used, XBMC starts witout sound and some emulators say there is a problem with the sound hardware. If so, remove comment:
REM sleep 1

REM Done? Restart XBMC
"%PROGRAMFILES%\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

RE: [RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs - e2zippo - 2013-01-24

Hey malte! Just thought I'd mention that yesterday I was playing around with RCB and the switch between windowed/fullscreen mode when launching & quiting a game worked flawlessy, it always switched back to fullscreen when quiting a game. And I haven't seen that weird bug when the gamelist went blank in quite some time either.

The only issues I still have seem to be related to Aeon Nox, for instance, videos not playing.

And I can't start a game from their rom widget either.

Do you know if that is beeing looked into, if not I can notify them?

Cheers!